Alien vs. Aliens

Which is the better movie?

• Alien

• Aliens

Results are only viewable after voting.
There's so much I love about both. I think Alien has the better tone and score. There's some goofy stuff in Aliens that sort of turns me off. If Aliens had the same tone as Alien, and the same score (or if they would have just brought Goldsmith back to do it) it'd be absolutely perfect.

I thoroughly enjoy both and they are the only two films I acknowledge in the franchise, but if I had to pick one, I think I'll go with Aliens.

Btw, Alien Isolation was a near goddamned perfect game. I loved every single second of it. I wish we'd get a sequel to that someday. Or a movie that was exactly like it. That's how you do Alien, and do it right.

Terminator > Terminator 2

ect

This is a tougher and more compelling argument imo. T1 is more of an action horror movie vs T2 a special effects eye orgasm with tons of nostalgic value for me. I haven't watched either in a long time but I'm going to say that T1 has aged better for me than T2.

This is a tougher and more compelling argument imo. T1 is more of an action horror movie vs T2 a special effects eye orgasm with tons of nostalgic value for me. I haven't watched either in a long time but I'm going to say that T1 has aged better for me than T2.

My 2 Cents;

I literally have just rewatched both in last week.

T2 holds up better than T1.

The whole Reese explaining the situation to Sarah kinda grinded on my suspension of disbelief, felt kinda cheesy. And a slightly limited narrative - no such problems in T2

You watch them again and see what you think.

But it's pretty irrelevant, as both are GOAT level 1 tier

There's so much I love about both. I think Alien has the better tone and score. There's some goofy stuff in Aliens that sort of turns me off. If Aliens had the same tone as Alien, and the same score (or if they would have just brought Goldsmith back to do it) it'd be absolutely perfect.

I thoroughly enjoy both and they are the only two films I acknowledge in the franchise, but if I had to pick one, I think I'll go with Aliens.

Btw, Alien Isolation was a near goddamned perfect game. I loved every single second of it. I wish we'd get a sequel to that someday. Or a movie that was exactly like it. That's how you do Alien, and do it right.

As far as I'm concerned, Alien Isolation is the "real" third entry to the franchise. I'm currently re-playing it with a borrowed oculus rift and the VR mod, and it's.... just.... incredible.

Progress is extremely slow because I spend a lot of time just staring at the fixtures, fittings and control panels in Sevastapol, and the stress the Alien creates is almost too intense. I have no idea how I'm going through that one specific area about 3/4 through the game (which shall remain nameless because spoilers).

It makes me wish I'd not played it before, and was experiencing it like that for the first time. Fortunately I do still have some DLC i've not touched.

I'm about to re-watch Alien and then watch Aliens after for the first time so I have a clear assessment of both.

this is like choosing your favorite child IMPOSSIBRU

Love both films -and it's important to point out theyre much different films too.

Alien works really well as a horror flick while Aliens works really well as an action flick.

"Aliens" is a fun little movie, in the same vein as "Lethal Weapon", or "Robocop".

"Alien" is a masterpiece, in the same vein as "Psycho", or "Silence Of The Lambs".

You've never seen Aliens?!

:eek:

tenor.gif

I know this thread has been done before. It also has been done with a poll. But the thread that had a poll, the poll is not there anymore. So I just thought I'd make another poll, to see what the numbers would be like.

Me personally I'd take Aliens over Alien. Much more better replay value. In fact Aliens is in my top 5 greatest movies.

Here's the thread that's been done before by GearSolidMetal back at 2014.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/movie-battle-alien-1979-vs-aliens-1986.2642569/

Alien 3 is better than both of them. It’s a much deeper film. The directors cut of course

Alien for me. Aliens is a good action flick but I didn't like the direction Cameron took with the aliens. Part of the appeal and the reason why the Xenomorph was scary was because of it's mystique and partially humanoid and sexual features. In Aliens, they were basically giant bugs that can be mowed down with machine guns.

Have a equal option bitch.

Back