Alistair Overeem vs. Sergey Pavlovich in the works for UFC Beijing on November 24

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Song Yadong vs Jeremy Stephens as the main event, fuck it.
Yadong fights at 135. Booked against Frankie Saenz, btw.

3e90fce1c8545b025551d7090e5175a4.png

Don't like this match-up.
UFC should build up Pavlovich more slowly.

They probably feel HW needs to move along fast at this stage plus he's likely on pretty good money already I suspect.

It will be interesting to see though, Pavlovich does I think still have some sloppiness to his standup but speed/power to that degree are pretty dangerous for Reem.

Never heard of this guy till now but from the sound of it Alistair could be in trouble he's still very dangerous himself tho so well see

Resilient; heavy, quick hands; decent takedown defense; and at least a decision-ready gas tank if he's setting the pace. Quick and agile for a big guy, but is a bit too happy to get drawn into reckless exchanges, so 'Reem might find his chin.
He can fight tactically and cautiously though, and I suspect that's what he'll do while he tries to line up a place for his big right hand on Alistair's eggshell noggin'.

He could make a bit of noise in the division, but Overeem is a dangerous first fight.
thanks man. ill probably check fight pass but if not is there anywhere else I can find his previous fights?

One of the best HWs outside of the promotion. dude is a monster. very risky for alistair. I'm sure some would argue that he IS the best HW outside of the UFC

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/whos-next-for-konstantin-erokhin.2785875/
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/k...git-new-blood-in-the-ufc-hw-division.2915261/

This, but try to remember the excitement around here when Konstantin Erokhin signed with the UFC as an undefeated heavyweight in 2014. Guy was icing everyone before getting into the Octagon.

Difference is Pavlovich is a couple inches taller and longer reach than Erokhin.

thanks man. ill probably check fight pass but if not is there anywhere else I can find his previous fights?

I think they're pretty much all on Youtube (just Google, and you'll find them inside and outside of FP) and he tends to finish quickly, so not a huge investment of time catching up on his history.

I think they're pretty much all on Youtube (just Google, and you'll find them inside and outside of FP) and he tends to finish quickly, so not a huge investment of time catching up on his history.
ok thanks m8.

They probably feel HW needs to move along fast at this stage plus he's likely on pretty good money already I suspect.

It will be interesting to see though, Pavlovich does I think still have some sloppiness to his standup but speed/power to that degree are pretty dangerous for Reem.

Guarantee it's a money thing. Pavlovich and the UFC's initial negotiations stalled because they wanted him on an entry level deal (12/12).

Pavlovich deserves better and probably feels ready for elite hes right now.

Overeem because I don't know who the other dude is and most are picking Overeem.

Mark Rutte better calls Overeem and KO this Russian.

I still have no fucking idea what was Reem trying to do there....

Was he still with Jackson's at the time?

Yes that is Jackson Wink Overeem. What that was about is... difficult to say. Maybe hoping Ngannou would bite big on his feint then land the left hook ie that he got JDS with. You would see way better striking on your average Saturday night out in town.

The fuck is up with UFC throwing these slav heavyweight prospects to the wolves. First Ivanov and now Sergey. Build em up first, jeez.
Pasty stoic white Christian guys with bad English is bad optics for the big money guys behind the scenes. That's not who they want on top at all.

Pavlovich is clearly on juice. I would pick him to win that fight if he could show up in the same shape he had while fighting in Russia. But I expect him to show up deflated, smaller and much less powerful due to USADA. Therefore I have to lean towards Overeem in this fight. I think Goltsov would be a better signing because he doesn't look roided therefore doping tests wouldn't affect his performace in a drastic way. But this guy is clearly taking lots of horse meat and I expect his performances and physical condition to deteriorate once he joins the UFC.

Guarantee it's a money thing. Pavlovich and the UFC's initial negotiations stalled because they wanted him on an entry level deal (12/12).

Pavlovich deserves better and probably feels ready for elite hes right now.

Its why the UFC haven't picked up much of the best talent fighting in eastern Europe I'd say, guys can earn decent money there already for lowballing them doesn't work.

Difference is Pavlovich is a couple inches taller and longer reach than Erokhin.
He also has a strong greco-romain wrestling base and a good size for a heavyweight. Erokhin had non existent wrestling/TDD while being a natural light heavyweight.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/whos-next-for-konstantin-erokhin.2785875/
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/k...git-new-blood-in-the-ufc-hw-division.2915261/

This, but try to remember the excitement around here when Konstantin Erokhin signed with the UFC as an undefeated heavyweight in 2014. Guy was icing everyone before getting into the Octagon.

Like already mentioned, Erokhin had no grappling, absolute no wrestling. He was and still is a tough russian with a hell of a overhand, but that's it. Pavlovich has great wrestling, TDD and good striking.

Also, Erokhin lost to Denis Goltsov (#1 HW prospect now) early at his career.

Damn that's a big fight for Pavlovich to start, he's good but seeing by the poll results he's pretty overrated. This is too much for his first fight, the ufc should've built him up more slowly.

Reem bout ta get Viched out!

Back