"All American" Chris Weidman vows to make a comeback and run through MW division

Ehh, I'm on the fence. I was a big fan if Chris coming I to his title shot, and he had a good tear. He won 5 championship fights in a row against the best in the world.

Remember it was TRT Vitor facing Weidman. Machida earned his title shot. Both guys are now well and truly out of their primes, but they earned their shots at the time.

Now...his cardio seems shit. And he doesn't seem like the same fighter on the feet. I was very surprised when he couldn't keep Mousasi down. Chris has criminally underrated wrestling and BJJ. He nearly beat Andre Galvao as a fucking blue belt in ADCC.

But, he just can't seem to put it all together now. Who knows what the real issue is. Maybe all the punishment?

He's coming off a big win though, so let's no write him off yet.

Wrong.

He lost the second round in Yoel fight on all 3 judges scorecards. So he was not winning. In fact he was on his way to lose a decision.

14991179_10155346315249057_8702361374268502714_o.jpg

Also he was slowing down in Rockhold fight and then gave up when Rockhold got on top of him. If he was winning and if he was fresh then he would get up easily but he was dead tired and Luke crushed him.

Don't be so biased. Whineman will keep losing to top MWs, especially Whittaker who would box up Chris into oblivion.
If you want to see biased, check out his posts on Kevin Lee. So biased, I didn't even TRY to change his mind. He would just say that he wants to "Make America Great Again."<TheDonald>

I want to buy an ounce of whatever he is smoking, it will blow my head off!

Not accusing, but Weidman is 13-0 before USADA started testing in July 2015 and Weidmans record after USADA showed up is 1-3.

Tougher competition the reason? Idk, but he has a long road ahead to become champion again.

I hope he can, the mw division isnt the best. The thing about him is he always looks so fucked and i always think hes going to get knocked out when he comes forward with his hands low. I dont think its beyond the realm of possibility that he holds the belt again though.

English is not my mothers language.

And i know 4. How many do you know?

I know two

But

That’s like saying I’m carrying four different currencies in England. Sure they’re all worth something, but only one matters there.

I know two

But

That’s like saying I’m carrying four different currencies in England. Sure they’re all worth something, but only one matters there.

First, we are not in England.

Second, i don't give a shit about your opinion

Third, you still understood me

Fourth, are you grammar Nazi or smth?

What does that “all american” even mean??

It's a kind of honorary title for top college athletes. In that context, it means that he ended-up in the top 8 of his wrestling division at the end of a season.

I don't get why people want to push the narrative of Chris winning against Yoel before the finish, that fight was clearly 1-1 heading into the third. Romero gave away the first round like he usually does, and then started shutting Chris down.

The three fights he lost were all competitive until he got finished. I think it's more interesting that people keep pretending that Weidman isn't any good and got absolutely smashed in all those fights.

Make a comeback? <mma4>

Run through the MW division? <puh-lease75>

He's not giving up. Hopefully he can do better in the future though i think its unlikely.

I like Chris as a fighter, guy comes ready for war (when he’s not injured), however between HS/College Athletics, MMA, and particularly his last few fights his body and mellon has sustained irreversible damage. Can he come back and theoretically get his body and mind right for a title run...? surely, why not... Lawler, RDA, Matt Brown all had a late career resurgence, so can te Chris. The odds are heavily stacked against him so I’d lean towards him not accepting the fact that he’s realistically done with title aspirations, I hope I’m wrong

Realistically, he's two big wins from a TS. I'd love to see him versus Branch next in MSG.

First, we are not in England.

Second, i don't give a shit about your opinion

Third, you still understood me

Fourth, are you grammar Nazi or smth?

If you didn’t care why are you taking time out of your day to reply. Does swearing over the internet make you feel good. Let it all out buddy. I gotchu.

HE'S STILL MA BOI!!!!!!

WAR Teh Chris!

“I have some great fights coming for myself. I have accomplished a lot, but I am still young in my MMA career, as far as fights. I have a lot of great things coming. I’m not to the point where I am going to start looking back and wishing or saying ‘If I wasn’t injured for that, or this things would be different.’ I am very blessed in where I am in this sport. I am blessed for everything I have accomplished so far and I am blessed with the abilities that I have. When I speak and say I am the best in the world and have the capability to dominate everybody in my weight class, I really believe that. If I give half of my energy to this sport and really didn’t give 100-percent of my mental to this sport, then I could finish my career as a fan favorite; win some, lose some, win some big fights, lose some big fights. But I feel I really have the mentality and the physical abilities to completely dominate my weight class. I have to get back physically first with this hand, and get my mentality where I need to be and I can run through everybody.”

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...rough-everybody-mma?__twitter_impression=true

Says the guy who unfortunately made everyone know what "Pulling a Weidman" means.

Back