All JACKED sherdoggers, post your lifts!

Were you using a belt?
I can't remember, I know I had my shirt off as it was a hot day and that's when I noticed it had popped out, didn't hurt or anything at the time.

Just hit a double bodyweight touch and go bench on Friday. I'm 51 years old and weigh 165. I did 330. No back arch at all. Completely raw. No peds.
I have it on facebook, YouTube and Instagram.

Just hit a double bodyweight touch and go bench on Friday. I'm 51 years old and weigh 165. I did 330. No back arch at all. Completely raw. No peds.
I have it on facebook, YouTube and Instagram.
Nice work mate! Got the YouTube link?

Excuse me for screaming like a 7th grade girl at a Taylor Swift concert.

Excuse me for screaming like a 7th grade girl at a Taylor Swift concert.
Ha I think I would if I got a double bodyweight bench..infact I'd scream like that if I managed 330 like you, and I'm 209lbs!

Thanks! On a related note I didn't realize how easy it was to post a video. It's been years since i did that on here. Now you just copy and paste. Nice.

I can't remember, I know I had my shirt off as it was a hot day and that's when I noticed it had popped out, didn't hurt or anything at the time.

My biggest fear. I have a small one now (about the size of a pea inside of my bellybutton) doctor says to just leave it alone unless it gets worse. I’ve had it for as long as I can remember though.

My biggest fear. I have a small one now (about the size of a pea inside of my bellybutton) doctor says to just leave it alone unless it gets worse. I’ve had it for as long as I can remember though.

Yes, that was the advice I initially got, along with "don't go any heavier on your weights", it started hurting a few months later I think, so I booked in and had the operation, all done very quickly, and no problems since, although I did follow the recommendation of not lifting for 6 weeks after the op....which sucked.

5ft11 182lb

I hit 386lb (175kg) trap bar deadlift for 5reps this morning on the "3's" week of 5/3/1 pretty happy with that.

5ft11 182lb

I hit 386lb (175kg) trap bar deadlift for 5reps this morning on the "3's" week of 5/3/1 pretty happy with that.
Nice! High handles or low?

Do you always use the trap bar for your deads?

Nice! High handles or low?

Do you always use the trap bar for your deads?
Thank you, High handles.

I have been using the trap bar exclusively recently. A lot less pressure on the lower back and more leg focused. Lots of S&C people I follow are using it over the conventional bar for athletes. I am training for boxing not to be a powerlifter so I think it makes more sense for me

Thank you, High handles.

I have been using the trap bar exclusively recently. A lot less pressure on the lower back and more leg focused. Lots of S&C people I follow are using it over the conventional bar for athletes. I am training for boxing not to be a powerlifter so I think it makes more sense for me
Yes it's a good substitute I think if powerlifting is not what you're competing for. I like to use the trap bar from time to time too.

175 cm. 75 kg

Bench. 60 kg
Squat. 40 kg
Deadlift. 130 kg

<Fedor23>

I only have a 40 kg weight vest at home

Bw 155 height 5’10

Bench 275 (teh)
Deadlift 440 (belted conventional mixed grip)
Weighted chins bw+100 pounds so 255
Squat 285

Got my mothers potato famine Irish frame so skinny wrists, ankles and knees, which seems to give me the world’s worst squat proportionally. (Also terribly slow twitch). My one saving grace is my fathers broad Germanic clavicles which saves me on the others lifts.

Could of used his 6’4 frame and fast twitch predominate musculature elsewhere however!

that is awesome, dude. you are an inspiration for older guys like me. what's your routine and workout history?
what are the eye-openers you came across over the years?
cheers
Thank you!
I started lifting again 3 years ago after 15 years off of heavy lifting and about 10 years of no working out at all. I have rules that I try to adhere to.
1. When you are young, you should work out. When you are old, you HAVE to workout.
2. FULL REPS. No half reps, quarter reps, nothing but full reps.This is the number one reason people dont get the gains they want. Putting 600 pounds on the leg press and moving it two inches does nothing. Its called a behind the neck press, not a "four inches above your head press." You get the idea.
3. Its called a workout. Not an easyout or a funout. Be prepared to work hard. Trying to make it fun and easy is counter productive to changing your body and your life.
4. Make every set count. If you can have a conversation while you are doing your routine, you arent working out hard enough. It should be a struggle.
5. Quit idolizing other human beings and learn that you are just as important as anyone else. Forget the athlete, singer, actor, etc. There is only one you in this world. Thats the one you need to put on a pedestal, no one else.
6. Steps are the best cardio and leg developer there is. Dont use the elevator unless you have to.
7. Avoid alcohol and drugs. Waste of time, including weed.
8. KISS. Keep it simple, stupid.
The basics are the best. Forget fancy machines and 10k cardio equipment. Use machines (including Smith) as secondary with primary being free weights.
Hell, do pushups ( full push ups I will add) and run up a flight of steps. Its better than any machine.
9. Perform like everyone is watching. Not only are they watching but they paid to see you. Its 1985 Live Aid and you are Freddy Mercury in front of 85k. Bring your A game everytime. No matter what.
10. Last for us old folks..... Dont age gracefully and meekly. Age defiantly and boldly. Dont give up because society says you should.
Age is a number, not an excuse.

Back