All mexican food is basically the same thing with different names.

Medulla Omoplata

Mayberry Comptroller
@Silver
Reaction score
The few times I've been to Mexican food I look through the menu and they got burriots, tacos, chowabungas and chimichoochoos. But it's all exactly the same thing. It's just beans and cheese and some kind of corn wrap. Sometimes the cheese goes on the inside or the outside, sometimes there is rice.

It's a chowabunga if it's baked and a chimichoochoo if it's fried. It's a burrito if it's closed and a taco if it's open. WTF guys. Throw a lime on the side and send it out.

If I go get a burger they don't have different names if the cheese is on top of the patty or underneath the patty. It's all just a burger.

Now in fairness I've only been to like two mexican food places and one of them was taco bell in Canada so I might not be 100% correct. And the food is good but it's all just variants on the same theme.

So next time I'm down south what two dishes should I order that'll blow me away and be entirely different and change my view of mexican food?

Even a taco salad is just one big gaping taco

Most of that is American food that people think is Mexican. Chimichangas and nachos are from Arizona, burritos are from california.

This was way funnier when Patton Oswalt did it

lol, there are thousands of mexican dishes other than tacos and burritos.

What in the everliving fuck is a chowabunga? And no, I'm not Googling that shit.

As opposed to American food of frying everything in butter? Even butter gets deep fried.

Tamales:

51W0QjTterL._SX355_.jpg

Motherfucker that's a burrito

Tostadas:

Herdez_Traditional_Refried_Bean_Tostadas_with_Pico_de_Gallo.jpg

That's also a burrito, you just didn't even bother rolling it up

Tortas:

Adobada-Torta.jpg

You just put a burrito on a hamburger bun

TostiLocos

recipe-20170520031337924244z8tfo1.jpg

wtf is that. It's definitely not a burrito though, I'll give you that.

Tamales:

51W0QjTterL._SX355_.jpg

Motherfucker that's a burrito

Tostadas:

Herdez_Traditional_Refried_Bean_Tostadas_with_Pico_de_Gallo.jpg

That's also a burrito, you just didn't even bother rolling it up

Tortas:

Adobada-Torta.jpg

You just put a burrito on a hamburger bun

TostiLocos

recipe-20170520031337924244z8tfo1.jpg

wtf is that. It's definitely not a burrito though, I'll give you that.
A tamale is most certainly not a burrito you Filthy Casual.

Neither is horchata.

The few times I've been to Mexican food I look through the menu and they got burriots, tacos, chowabungas and chimichoochoos. But it's all exactly the same thing. It's just beans and cheese and some kind of corn wrap. Sometimes the cheese goes on the inside or the outside, sometimes there is rice.

It's a chowabunga if it's baked and a chimichoochoo if it's fried. It's a burrito if it's closed and a taco if it's open. WTF guys. Throw a lime on the side and send it out.

If I go get a burger they don't have different names if the cheese is on top of the patty or underneath the patty. It's all just a burger.

Now in fairness I've only been to like two mexican food places and one of them was taco bell in Canada so I might not be 100% correct. And the food is good but it's all just variants on the same theme.

So next time I'm down south what two dishes should I order that'll blow me away and be entirely different and change my view of mexican food?

I don't think this is funny at all. Terrible troll job.

<mma3>

Back