All Ringside/Combat Sports Gear Questions Post Here

goldennboy -
We had been working on the face bar heritage headgear but my team wasn't happy with how it was coming along. Many samples and nothing worthy of carrying the Ringside Heritage brand name. Because of this, that design has been scrapped for one that we feel will fast become the headgear of choice for all serious athletes. Sorry that is all I can divulge at this time as we want to make our competition is behind the 8 ball on copying it.

Not sure what you are asking about the Heritage cups moving with the body. If you want to give me a little more detail, I can get back to you.

Thanks,

Darrin Clauder

Thank you for this delightful information.. As for the cups, I'm talking about like, how some cups are stationary and uncomfortable. from my understanding the winning cups are not stationary, because they move with the body.. Let me explain myself..

When I slip a punch with some cups, they don't move with the slip, you know? the winning cups move with your hips/torso. The winning cups hug the body, as opposed to most cups, that just hold your junk.

in conclusion, what I'm asking is, if the heritage cup hugs the body like the winning cup does

Thank you for this delightful information.. As for the cups, I'm talking about like, how some cups are stationary and uncomfortable. from my understanding the winning cups are not stationary, because they move with the body.. Let me explain myself..

When I slip a punch with some cups, they don't move with the slip, you know? the winning cups move with your hips/torso. The winning cups hug the body, as opposed to most cups, that just hold your junk.

in conclusion, what I'm asking is, if the heritage cup hugs the body like the winning cup does

Hello, Goldennboy -

Thought I'd jump in on this one.

I'm pretty sure I understand your question now. It sounds as if you're looking for a pliable cup. The foam in some styles of cups is less flexible than in others. I certainly understand your concern, as I've worn my share of non-bendable cups. They make it difficult to move around because you're always having to fight against the cup's resistance (in addition to your opponent). Although these types of cups are protective, they can be uncomfortable for some people (it's all a matter of personal preference).

The closest cup to Winning that we offer is our RPNF. It's just as pliable and even more protective. We've carried it since I can remember, and like most of our products, keeps getting better and better. Our Heritage Cup is made of the best leather and has thick foam padding. As a result, it's extremely protective, but a little less pliable.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Albert Guardado Jr.

Hey Albert,
Thought I'd pick your brain on the Ultra Double End Reflex Bag. I already have a Ringside DEB in 9" and was thinking of ordering one in 7". Should I stick with the DEB or try the RRDEB? BTW I watched your double end bag video, you're lookin real sharp, wish my technique was that clean.

Hello, Goldennboy -

I'm pretty sure I understand your question now. It sounds as if you're looking for a pliable cup. The foam in some styles of cups is less flexible than in others. I certainly understand your concern, as I've worn my share of non-bendable cups. They make it difficult to move around because you're always having to fight against the cup's resistance (in addition to your opponent). Although these types of cups are protective, they can be uncomfortable for some people (it's all a matter of personal preference).

The closest cup to Winning that we offer is our RPNF. It's just as pliable and even more protective. We've carried it since I can remember, and like most of our products, keeps getting better and better. Our Heritage Cup is made of the best leather and has thick foam padding. As a result, it's extremely protective, but a little less pliable.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Albert Guardado Jr.

Hey Albert,
Thought I'd pick your brain on the Ultra Double End Reflex Bag. I already have a Ringside DEB in 9" and was thinking of ordering one in 7". Should I stick with the DEB or try the RRDEB? BTW I watched your double end bag video, you're lookin real sharp, wish my technique was that clean.

Thanks, firstDan. Appreciate the compliment.

The RRDEB has double leather layers on the top and bottom, which make it unique from our standard DEB. I think the color combo is pretty cool too (but I'm a little bias). Just to change it up a little, I'd go with the RRDEB.

Since you're getting a 7", be prepared for it to be faster than your 9" version. It will take a little getting used to but will help you continue your progression.

Thanks again!

Albert Guardado Jr.

Hello, Goldennboy -

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Albert Guardado Jr.

thank you so much, this answer was exactly what I was looking for

Thanks for the reply Albert.
Does the double leather make it rebound faster or cause an erratic rebound?
Or is it just aesthetic?

Keep up the TKOs, appreciate you making them. If you're taking request, I'd love to see an advanced footwork drill.

Thanks, firstDan. Appreciate the compliment.

The RRDEB has double leather layers on the top and bottom, which make it unique from our standard DEB. I think the color combo is pretty cool too (but I'm a little bias). Just to change it up a little, I'd go with the RRDEB.

Since you're getting a 7", be prepared for it to be faster than your 9" version. It will take a little getting used to but will help you continue your progression.

Thanks again!

Albert Guardado Jr.

Thanks for the reply Albert.
Does the double leather make it rebound faster or cause an erratic rebound?
Or is it just aesthetic?

Keep up the TKOs, appreciate you making them. If you're taking request, I'd love to see an advanced footwork drill.

firstDan,

Aside from making it somewhat more durable, the double leather is mostly aesthetic. The rebound should be pretty much what you're used to with your DEB.

I'm happy to hear that you find our TKOs helpful. Although there has been a lull in the action, there are plans to shoot more in the future, and we will certainly add advanced footwork to the list.

Thank you.

Albert Guardado Jr.

Thanks for the reply!

firstDan,

Aside from making it somewhat more durable, the double leather is mostly aesthetic. The rebound should be pretty much what you're used to with your DEB.

I'm happy to hear that you find our TKOs helpful. Although there has been a lull in the action, there are plans to shoot more in the future, and we will certainly add advanced footwork to the list.

Thank you.

Albert Guardado Jr.

What is the thickness of the Heritage gloves leather? On ringside.com the thickness is mentioned in case of the heavy bag (2.2mm) and double end bag (1.3mm), but nothing about the gloves...

Anyone here ever use Ringside's diablo boxing shoes? How were they as far as comfort + durability?

I have a fighter that is used to hitting the heavy bag with imf type gloves. Ringside, ring to cage and lonsdale. 18,16,14 and I think 12 oz....
Due to the rounded nature of these gloves plus the protection and not possibly really feeling his knuckles,I believe he has development bad punching habits that have lead to him not hitting appropriately with the correct part of his knuckles.
This has lead to him having consistent wrist pains and weakness.
I was looking at the 10 oz imf pro fight gloves. Due to the smaller weight, will he be able to feel the bag and knuckles better, while still having imf protection? Or is it still too rounded and too protective that he will run into the same problem? If so, can u recommend another product that ringside sells that could help my fighter....I prefer a smaller oz if possible.......thanks!

I have a fighter that is used to hitting the heavy bag with imf type gloves. Ringside, ring to cage and lonsdale. 18,16,14 and I think 12 oz....
Due to the rounded nature of these gloves plus the protection and not possibly really feeling his knuckles,I believe he has development bad punching habits that have lead to him not hitting appropriately with the correct part of his knuckles.
This has lead to him having consistent wrist pains and weakness.
I was looking at the 10 oz imf pro fight gloves. Due to the smaller weight, will he be able to feel the bag and knuckles better, while still having imf protection? Or is it still too rounded and too protective that he will run into the same problem? If so, can u recommend another product that ringside sells that could help my fighter....I prefer a smaller oz if possible.......thanks!

The 10oz IMF are still pretty damn thick and do not allow full knuckle feeling. However, I personally use 6oz mitts when I hit the mitts, thai pads, or light bag work and wear my IMFs on the heavy bag.

When I wear my 6oz bag mitts I wrap my hands so my palm is covered with wrap, however, when I hit the bag, I wrap my hands so my palm is open. This has helped me punch with my knuckles.

Hi,
Quick question here. What are the differences between the IMF tech bag gloves and the IMF super bag gloves? They seem to be at a similar price point, both use "second tier" IMF, both have hook-and-loop closures. Besides stylistic differences, are there concrete functional differences between them? thanks.

erutio- Here are the differences

1. Weight - The super bag glove is 2 ounces lighter if you compare same size gloves.
2. Foam thickness - The IMF BG is thicker offering a little more protection.
3. Hand compartment sizing - The SBG runs small in my opinion where the IMF BG is more true to size.
4. Closure, the IMF BG has a metal D-ring inserted into the closure, you can really lock down the wrist should you need the extra support.

Thanks,

Darrin

Darrin,

I bought some Cleto's several months back in 16 oz for sparring. They are nice but for sparring, they tend to be rough on the other person. I'm looking into buying some New gloves and right now I'm between The heritage Sparring lace-ups that Blair reviewed and a Pair of Winnings.

There is only one problem. Your lace-ups aren't out yet. They were supposed to be out by now according to your previous messages. Can you give me a solid date on when they will be available for purchase?

When did Ringside start putting suede liner in the amateur competition headgears? Does it really even have suede lining? All the ones I've seen didn't have it, and from the pics on the site, it doesn't look like it either.

Any idea on when the heritage lace ups coming? I've been anxious for these.

Back