All Things Golf

Golf is awesome. My skill level is around yours, I’m pretty consistently in the high 80’s. Last week I shot a 40 on the back 9, which was my best 9 ever. My main issues are my putting and my driver off the tee. My irons are definitely my strength.

Golf is awesome. My skill level is around yours, I’m pretty consistently in the high 80’s. Last week I shot a 40 on the back 9, which was my best 9 ever. My main issues are my putting and my driver off the tee. My irons are definitely my strength.

Great to hear!

I'm so glad I got rid of my slice and hook on my drive. Honestly, a big part for me has been my grip. I must be gripping it the right amount and the club face isn't twisting like it used to. But I'd say for the last two years it's been incredible. Straight drive after drive after drive. Lost a little length, but I can still pop the odd one 300 yards. I'd say my average is about 250 though. Anyway, I feel your pain because forever it was so inconsistent.

Then, like I mentioned earlier, my irons were good early in my career, then for like 3 or 4 years they just were terrible. And then finally this year - particularly in the last 2/3s, I got my confidence back with them. Not perfect, but better. Definitely a long ways to go overall but it's good to see things rounding out.

Glad there are some other golfers on here!

Tiger only one back. Definitely his best chance at tying Jack since he got caught banging all those skanky hoes.

I'm loving this. I golf from time to time that's fun , watching no so much . Bit when Tiger is in the Hunt you goddamn right I care.

I went to Hawaii two years ago and played at Kapalua (where TOC is played), Royal Hawaiian, and a few other great courses.

It's amazing, would really recommend.

I'm currently a 10 handicap, but got down to 5 a few years ago.

This back 9 at the open is going to be a thing of legend. Im so hard right now

1. Driving
2. Approach shots
3. Putting

lol, never are all three spot on for me.
15 handicap checking in.

1. Driving
2. Approach shots
3. Putting

lol, never are all three spot on for me.
15 handicap checking in.

Pretty much the same as you, however lately it's been putting that's killed me. Thinking of getting a new putter since I have 0 feel with my current one.

I can't tell you how many birdie opportunities have turned into 3 putt bogeys for me over the last year.

yep, I know the feeling.
on in 2, 3 putt for a bogey.

I recently dropped some coin on the best putter I've ever had.
taylormade-spider-red-putter.jpg

It ain't cheap but man, the feel is awesome. I even switched to 'the claw' style for putts under 15 ft.
much better.

yep, I know the feeling.
on in 2, 3 putt for a bogey.

I recently dropped some coin on the best putter I've ever had.
taylormade-spider-red-putter.jpg

It ain't cheap but man, the feel is awesome. I even switched to 'the claw' style for putts under 15 ft.
much better.

I just got that same putter, except the silver model. Luckily I work for a golf course and got it for free.

<GinJuice>

I used to play a few times a year as a kid/teenager with my dad. He’s a pretty good golfer, but a terrible teacher. So I’d try to keep up and hit every shot as hard as I could, which almost never worked.

Now that he’s not paying my green fees anymore, I get out maybe once a year.

I went out on a small par 3 last week and all of a sudden I have an urge to really dive into it.

My chipping/approach shots are decent, but my driving is complete shit, and my long irons and putting aren’t the most consistent thing in the world. I’m going to try to get out to the range at least once a week to work on things, and maybe hit up a course every other week or so.

The goal is to finally break 100 this year.

12 handicap, usually average low to mid 80s and occasionally break into the high 70s. Lowest score ever was a 76, had a two foot putt to make par on 18 to shoot 75 and didn't even touch the cup (choke). I've been playing for about 12 years, never had a hole in one and only a handful of eagles. I don't drive the ball that far, 250-275 on average, but I hit my irons pretty far (185 for a 6 iron). I've played pretty much only Taylormade from the start. Currently have Jetspeed woods and Speed blade irons. I used a blade putter for a long time and finally went to an Odyssey two ball putter a couple years ago and I don't think I'll ever go back. Love to play, don't nearly as much as I used to since I've had kids but I want to get out more and my current goal is still to shoot 75 but it's going to take some work. I feel like I've got my swing in a good place for the first time in a couple years and i just really need to work on my short game and putting

recently purchased some TaylorMade M4 irons and a Titleist 917D driver, as well as the aforementioned putter.
equipment DOES make a difference.
the irons have increased my distance by 15 yards and the driver is wonderful.
straight and long.

I played with a rental set of all M4s while on vacation recently. I really like the driver but the irons felt a little weak.

recently purchased some TaylorMade M4 irons and a Titleist 917D driver, as well as the aforementioned putter.
equipment DOES make a difference.
the irons have increased my distance by 15 yards and the driver is wonderful.
straight and long.

Heard that driver is the tits. I'm still using my 1st generation Burner because it's the first driver I was able to hit straight and I'm scared to switch to anything else.

Last edited:
You like it?

Was thinking about getting this model:

1-f.jpg

I like it so far. The weight and grip and feel is amazing. I’m still getting used to using a mallet style putter though, so it’s not like I’m out there never 3 putting or anything.

Back