All this Brady vs Rodgers debate got me thinking whose you're top 5 QBs of all time?..

Simple Southerner

Etriviere By Hermes Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Let's hear em...
My 5

Brady
P. Manning
Montana
Elway
Marino

Manning doesnt belong.

Brees and rivers are better than manning

Baker Mayfield
Cam Newton
Brees
Brady
Rodgers

Brady
Montana
Rodgers
Manning
Marino...though Brees is making a case here too

Eli
Flacco
Dilfer
Brad Johnson
Eli

Brees is way overlooked as of late, especially as he’s climbing to the top of every statistical category and he’s on pace to shatter the season completion record this year.

Brees is way overlooked as of late, especially as he’s climbing to the top of every statistical category and he’s on pace to shatter the season completion record this year.
I had him on my list and took him off because i forgot elway. But i now put brees above marino.

which Manning archie? Lol how TF does Peyton not belong

He was a soft QB who benefitted from the era more than anyone else. Hell of a passer, without a doubt. But he was a regular season stat compiler. I'd give him a place somewhere about the top 10, but he isn't at all deserving of a spot in the top 5. Also definitely a steroid cheat.

If we're being honest his second SB doesn't even count.

Brees deserves that spot, I'd even put Farve in there, picks and all before Manning. He was way more of a fighter than Manning. Even Rodgers would have that spot soon.

Last edited:
Top ten is pretty challenging for me. But top five I can do:

1) Brady
2) Montana
3)P. Manning
4) Elway
5) Favre

1. Eric Hipple
2. Gary Danielson
3. Charlie Batch
4. Scott Mitchell
5. Bobby Layne

if i had to make it where lions qb's were not eligible:

1. Tom Brady
2. Joe Montana
3. Peyton Manning
4. John Elway
5. Johnny Unitas (i think qb more than any other position in sports sees no credit given to the old timers due to evolution of the game)

as i just said, it is amazing how none of the old timers are given credit. layne, unitad, graham, etc all are left out of goat conversations. but look at a sport like baseball and many prefer the old timers like cobb, ruth, gehrig, etc. if pitchers are the equivalent to qb, they still get it. koufax, alexander, johnson, cy young, etc are all in the goat talk

Back