All this Brady vs Rodgers debate got me thinking whose you're top 5 QBs of all time?..

Hard to see: Marino, Montana, Brady and Unitas, not being 4 of the 5.

I think you have to break things down by eras, five of them I'd say. Modern would be from around '98 or so to now (though with the new rules another era has probably just started up in the past few years), another would be the mid 80's or so until the late 90's, then 1970 to early 80's (early NFL era, dominant defenses), then the early 40's until 1970, then the pioneers era pre-early 40's where most qb numbers were terrible due to the comparative lack of importance with the position.
I think most people here would only be comfortable naming qb's in the last three eras due to what they have regularly seen.

-Modern: Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, and probably Roethlesberger (Rivers and Wilson- despite his short career comparatively- are also good candidates, Warner should't be forgotten either).
-80's/90's- Marino, Montana, Young, Farve, Elway (Kelly comes close).

I'll finish this later.

Montana
Brady
Rodgers
P.Manning
Brees

Peyton Manning
Andrew Luck
Jim Harbaugh
Jeff George
Charlie Whitehurst

1. Brady

2-5 (no particular order)
Manning
Marino
Brees
Rodgers

Brees is so much better than Marino it's not even funny

Joe Cool
Peyton
Tom Brady
Marino
Brett Favre

1. Johnny Unitas
2. Tom Brady
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Peyton Manning
5. Dan Marino
6. Brett Favre
7. Joe Montana
8. Steve Young
9. Drew Brees
10. John Elway
11. Otto Graham

1. Johnny Unitas
2. Tom Brady
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Peyton Manning
5. Dan Marino
6. Brett Favre
7. Joe Montana
8. Steve Young
9. Drew Brees
10. John Elway
11. Otto Graham
giphy.gif

Good thing there’s an edit feature on sherdog.

Brady
Brees
Marino
Rodgers
Manning or Montana

Brees is so much better than Marino it's not even funny

Just curious if you ever saw Marino play? If he played under todays rules he would be throwing fir 7000 yards per season. Marino is much better than Brees. You have to take the rules of today into account

Brees
Montana
Manning
Marino
Brady

In no particular order.
Brady
Favre
Montana
Marino
Rodgers

Funny, I'm a cursed Browns fan who Bernie Kosar was his guy growing up as a kid. Fast forward almost 30 years later and we look to finally have a decent QB again in Baker Mayfield. Contrast that with my friend who is 30, and a lifelong Packers fan. Nothing like only having 2 of the greatest QB's ever leading your team over the course of your entire life....

Aaron Rodgers has one less SB than Pay Ton, and T-Bra is often compared to Pay Ton because they same draft class, and T Bra is often considered better, and is the GOAT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back