Alright How About It? Holyfield-Haye At CW

Holyfield rolls over him. Haye was pretty vulnerable at CW, he lost to a journeyman at the weight. Holyfield didn't show the same vulnerability at the weight and against a better class of opponent.

I thought you meant right now. I was going to think about it.

But now that I realize you mean in their prime, the answer is Holyfield easy.

Might be easy blowing Macranelli out of there...
won't be the same with Evander.

Real Deal is all sorts of wrong for Haye. He would batter Haye.

Figured I'd focus it on a Cruiserweight matchup as it seems the general consensus around here was that Haye was at his best at that weightclass (never really followed Haye's career that much).

Pretty difficult to see how Haye would win this. Holyfield would have to be a considerable favourite.

Haye was a very good CW. Holyfield was the greatest CW this sport has ever seen, and by quite some distance. I like David, but there are levels to this.

Lol, it's not April Fools, not a serious thread, right?

Never really followed Haye's career much. Most folk say he was at his best at cruiser so was curious to read everyone's thoughts on a matchup between him and Holyfield at that weight.

Evander wrecks David. Badly. It would look like Dokes II.

giphy.gif

Holyfield would beat the crap outta Haye at CW and KO him. In fact, I’d take the current guys like Usyk and Gassiev to beat Haye too.

Huh, so how would y'all rate Haye all time then with CW?

Holyfield is the best CW by far. Gomez and Qawi rank above Haye too.
Usyk and Gassiev will also end up ranking higher than him.

Haye is probably somewhere around 4-6 all time at the moment.

Holyfield would beat the crap outta Haye at CW and KO him. In fact, I’d take the current guys like Usyk and Gassiev to beat Haye too.

Gassiev could end up being something special, so I'll reserve judgement on him, but I think Haye's speed and power could give Usyk a lot of issues. I think Qawi at his best beats both Usyk and Haye.

Back