alt-right idiots try to bring down Chuck Schumer with fake news story, backpedal as police called in

JosephDredd

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
http://www.newsweek.com/fake-news-story-chuck-schumer-implodes-747384

A story that had been teased out seductively on social media as being true abruptly sank into a fiery fake news wreck before ever reaching orbit on Tuesday.

The teasing on Tuesday included a Facebook post: “Michael Cernovich and I are going to end the career of a U.S. Senator,” wrote the Trump-supporting proprietor of GotNews.com, Charles C. Johnson.

Cernovich, an ally in the conservative media sphere, took to Twitter to make a similar boast. “I am in possession of a sexual harassment complaint filed against one of Senator Gillibrand’s colleagues,” the right-wing provocateur wrote on Tuesday, referring to Democratic Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, who has engaged in a verbal back-and-forth with President Donald Trump about long-standing sexual misconduct allegations against the president.

Jack Posobiec, who with Cernovich was involved in pushing the so-called #Pizzagate conspiracy, a fake news story that linked Democrats to a completely made up pedophile ring, wrote on Twitter: “If you thought the media was outraged over the flawless Conyers takedown, wait until [it’s] a sitting U.S. Senator.” He was referring to Representative John Conyers, who recently stepped down amid sexual misconduct allegations.

By Wednesday morning, however, it became apparent that there would be no takedown of a U.S. senator. Cernovich deleted his tweet, and Johnson wrote on his website that he was offering up a reward in exchange for answers about what went haywire with the promised scoop.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer’s office told Newsweek he was to have been the victim of the fake news story—one purporting to tie him to sexual harassment allegations that never happened. Not only did Johnson and Cernovich have no story to deliver, but the Capitol Police were called in to investigate who exactly was trying to set up Schumer.

The article goes further into details about the bullshit Posobiec and Cernovich have tried to peddle in the past and has a hilarious quote from Cernovich that the alt left might be behind this Schumer hoax.

Read this story earlier but had no idea Cernovich was behind it.

Fucking idiot

I never understand why people delete tweets. Once the horse has left the barn it is too late to close the door.

Lastly he fucked up by deleting the tweet, because it makes him look guilty. His best defense would have been he was given information and was researching it, but teased it with the tweet.

BTW Reagan is the cause of all this fake news BS. It used to be the news had to devout equal time to both sides, since it was required by law.
Now everyone has an agenda, and willing to lie or twist facts to support it.

BTW Reagan is the cause of all this fake news BS. It used to be the news had to devout equal time to both sides, since it was required by law.

Lol no, just no.

Those laws were put in place when there were a handful of news outlets and lead to underreporting because outlets were scared of violating them or they would have give credence to absurd people.

The fake news is due social media making it so outlets want to beat Twitter to break a story and "news outlets" hunting for profits.

I know it's popular to treat Reagan as a boogeyman but nobody is trying to restore those rules.

Hopefully they can find a crime to charge in there.

DQ9l8JzUEAA1OmV.jpg:large

Hopefully they can find a crime to charge in there.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mike-...er-forgery-that-plagiarized-conyers-complaint

Cernovich quickly backtracked once it was reported Schumer’s office had gone to police on Tuesday. (Under D.C. law, forging a document filed in a public office is punishable by up to 10 years in jail or a $25,000 fine.)

LOL edited for the addition of stupid hilarity:

Cernovich claims he is trying to find the hoaxer.

“This is the journalist process CNN doesn’t go through,” Cernovich said on Periscope on Tuesday. “CNN, they go ‘oh shit, Don Jr. got an email about Wikileaks before anybody else? Boom boom boom front page news.’ But me, I go oh, wait, hold on a minute, let’s chill.”

In fact, Schumer’s office said, CNN and other outlets including the Washington Post, BuzzFeed, The New Yorker, and ABC News all received the document on Tuesday, around the same time as Cernovich and Johnson. None of those outlets posted in advance about being in possession of documents that would “end the career of a U.S. Senator” though.

“Whoever did this -- I don’t know if it was a deep state operation, a Soros thing, or if it was just a prankster,” Cernovich said on Periscope, “but somebody’s in a lot of trouble for forging documents.”

Cernovich and Johnson both have dubious records as journalists. Johnson infamously misidentified a college student as a woman who falsely accused University of Virginia students of rape. He also falsely accused then-congressional candidate Cory Booker of lying about his address, and falsely accused a New York Times reporter of posing for Playgirl. Cernovich fanned the flames of the Pizzagate hoax, a conspiracy theory that accused high-level Democrats of running a child sex-trafficking ring through a pizzeria.

Read this story earlier but had no idea Cernovich was behind it.

Fucking idiot

I would very much like to lock he and Shumer into a room where only one walk out. And the one who walks out opens the door directly into the gulag.

http://www.newsweek.com/fake-news-story-chuck-schumer-implodes-747384

The article goes further into details about the bullshit Posobiec and Cernovich have tried to peddle in the past and has a hilarious quote from Cernovich that the alt left might be behind this Schumer hoax.

When the alt right makes fake news it is called a hoax. When the left makes fake news it is called CNN headline news.

the gulag.

The Marxist Utopia???

When the alt right makes fake news it is called a hoax. When the left makes fake news it is called CNN headline news.

When I take a dump so foul that it leaves me dizzy, I go to the doctor. When you do it, you post it in my threads and call it an opinion.

Maybe they'll take a step back and realize how it's easy to get played when people are out to dupe you and you're just trying to break news and beat the cycle.

I don't think he was behind it - just got played.

Lazy thinking leads to lazy memes. Replace "liberal" with "conservative" and "CNN" with "Fox" and it still works. Caption should be "American's waiting for entertainment television to bring them the news."

Also, weak deflection. The ruling on the field stands, Cernovich is a wiener.

Now everyone has an agenda, and willing to lie or twist facts to support it.

Please elaborate on bold, I have never heard of such a thing and have no idea how it would be enforced.

Lazy thinking leads to lazy memes. Replace "liberal" with "conservative" and "CNN" with "Fox" and it still works. Caption should be "American's waiting for entertainment television to bring them the news."

Also, weak deflection. The ruling on the field stands, Cernovich is a wiener.
<TrumpWrong1>

No, It actually doesn't work, and you know exactly why. Stop playing dumb here. Try a little bit harder next time.

<TrumpWrong1>

No, It actually doesn't work, and you know exactly why. Stop playing dumb here. Try a little bit harder next time.

What makes you think that? I don't think I've ever had an interaction with you before. But no, I suppose I don't know. I do know that Fox is awful. Maybe CNN is more awful, but that doesn't mean Fox isn't spilling shit all over it's viewers.

Again, weak deflection. The ruling on the field stands, Cernovich is a wiener.

What makes you think that? I don't think I've ever had an interaction with you before. But no, I suppose I don't know. I do know that Fox is awful. Maybe CNN is more awful, but that doesn't mean Fox isn't spilling shit all over it's viewers.

Again, weak deflection. The ruling on the field stands, Cernovich is a wiener.

who is Cernovich? why do you bring him up?

and you just admitted to your error.

we are done here.

Back