Am I an alcoholic?

Hitman81

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I drink on average 1 or 2 beers a night. I rarely ever get intoxicated, even on the weekends. But I NEED that one or two beers every day to take the edge off. Without it I'm a cranky motherfucker and as soon as I get one double IPA in me I'm a totally different person.

I drink on average 1 or 2 beers a night. I rarely ever get intoxicated, even on the weekends. But I NEED that one or two beers every day to take the edge off. Without it I'm a cranky motherfucker and as soon as I get one double IPA in me I'm a totally different person.
Pffff no

It doesn’t sound like it currently....but you might want to keep an eye on it...Any problem drinkers in the family history?

It doesn’t sound like it currently....but you might want to keep an eye on it...Any problem drinkers in the family history?
Yes. My grandfather was an alcoholic but got it under control in his mid life.

Saying you only drank two beers tonight is like saying you've only had buttsecks with two guys in college

Multiply the number by 10, and you'll have the real number

Does it lead to feeling lousy the next morning? Are you enduring any adverse consequences from this behavior? Does it interfere with anything in your life? Relationships? Job duties?

If not, I'd say you're good.

All joking aside, yes you are an alcoholic. You are self medicating with alcohol to, as you say, "take the edge off".

You use alcohol to medicate yourself, therefore you are an alcoholic. Alcoholism isnt about how much you drink, it's about WHY you drink.

Does it lead to feeling lousy the next morning? Are you enduring any adverse consequences from this behavior? Does it interfere with anything in your life? Relationships? Job duties?

If not, I'd say you're good.
I don't think so but I guess I wouldn't really know unless I stopped

I don't drink often few and far between

but when I do drink look out cause I get smashed

And I go through phrases where I keep a wine bottle next to my recliner

Back