Am I an alcoholic?

tenor.gif

All joking aside, yes you are an alcoholic. You are self medicating with alcohol to, as you say, "take the edge off".

You use alcohol to medicate yourself, therefore you are an alcoholic. Alcoholism isnt about how much you drink, it's about WHY you drink.

No, it is definitely about how much you drink and how often. TS is not an alcoholic. If he is, everyone on the planet is an alcoholic.

Here’s a quick test you can do TS. Just take two days off of having any alcohol. If you can do that, you’re fine.

Full blown alcoholics have a physical dependency on alcohol. Two beers a night is not enough to make one physically dependent on alcohol unless you are the size of a fetus.

No, it is definitely about how much you drink and how often. TS is not an alcoholic. If he is, everyone on the planet is an alcoholic.

Here’s a quick test you can do TS. Just take two days off of having any alcohol. If you can do that, you’re fine.

Full blown alcoholics have a physical dependency on alcohol. Two beers a night is not enough to make one physically dependent on alcohol unless you are the size of a fetus.
Tbf TS if you are the size of a fetus you can admit it here this is the Mayberry we don’t judge , also it would make banging 12s or benching teh 275 much more impressive.

No.

Alcoholics can't stop. So if you can drink 2 beers and call it quits, you aren't an alcoholic.

Alcoholics will buy a 12 pack, drink the whole thing and then drive to the store and buy another 12.

Just about to hit 4 years sober after about 20 years of getting blackout drunk 5+ days a week. I've felt this way for a long time : if you think you might be an alcoholic then you probably are one. Just like with anything else there's degrees of how bad your addiction is, but it doesn't sound good if you say you NEED alcohol or else you'll be in a foul mood.

Just about everybody I know (anecdotal, so it might not necessarily apply to you) SEVERELY lowballs the quantity of alcohol they consume when asked directly about how many drinks they have on a daily basis. If you really are only doing 2 beers a day then I'd say your addiction isn't currently in "crisis mode." That being said do you notice yourself having an extra beer or two on really stressful days or days when something of particular shittiness occurs?

Try going without booze for a week and see how you feel. See if you really do need it as a daily part of life and then reassess your situation.

Technically. But your score is so low, it barely counts. Much like your BAC.

U have no idea what you're talking about you rice queen

2 a day doesn’t seem like a problem.
I used to drink more in my 20’s but now it only 2 -3 drinks per week.

Technically you are, in a diagnostic sense. But there are levels to that shit and you are like the lowest of the low, functioning perfectly normal with no need to change that behaviour if it stays like this.

No.

Alcoholics can't stop. So if you can drink 2 beers and call it quits, you aren't an alcoholic.

Alcoholics will buy a 12 pack, drink the whole thing and then drive to the store and buy another 12.

Couldn't be more wrong

You need to try harder I'm sure you could drink more than 2 beers a night if you put some effort into it.

Everyone who gets stopped on live PD always says they only had 2 beers. 2 is the new 6.

Maybe but if its not causing a problem in your lfie, its all good. Sounds like your dependency is akin to needing that morning coffee.

Does it have an impact on your life if you don't and to what extent do you to get pissy if you don't or can't drink?

To be fair I rely on smoking weed for sleep. But it's better than having no sleep and not functioning. So there's that.

Yes you are. Lets go get a drink and celebrate!

U have no idea what you're talking about you rice queen

Really? Because i’m pretty sure alcoholics are people who are addicted to alcohol. TS may be in the habit of drinking two beers a night. But that is not addiction. That is a habit.

Here is the thing TS. Your body builds up tolerances. After drinking 1-2 beers your body isn’t even getting the effect of the Alcohol. Def not from 1. So an alcoholic would up it to 2, then 3, then get up to where Beer is. You have a psychological dependency that is purely psychosomatic. That’s shows signs of an addictive personality so replace beer with something else, or continue to have a beer a night just don’t raise the amount.
I don’t drink Sunday through Thursday. Don’t need to. But I like to on Fridays and Saturdays. But I don’t need to. I’m not grumpy if I don’t.

Back