Am I an alcoholic?

Alcoholism is a spectrum, and you are on it.

If you are drinking to feel normal than you should be careful, it could get a lot worse. Easy thing is to just stop drinking, and after a few days you'll feel like you do after those two beers without having to have them.

Alcoholism is a spectrum, and you are on it.

If you are drinking to feel normal than you should be careful, it could get a lot worse. Easy thing is to just stop drinking, and after a few days you'll feel like you do after those two beers without having to have them.

Or you will feel like you have an empty void that only heroine can fill.

Appreciate all the feedback. I understand all perspectives but honestly I feel like beer enhances my life, not detracts from it, and if I had to I could give it up today. I don't feel the need to drink more beer than I already do. In fact I've been drinking less the last few days and I don't notice a difference.

2 beers a night isn't bad. I'd say you have a problem if you drink 4 or more beers a night everyday night of the week.

If so, you suck at it. What kind of alcoholic never gets drunk?

I would say yes, you have a dependency on alcohol to function correctly.

I realized myself drinking a glass of whine almost daily. It won't kill me, but I don't think I should consume alcohol every day, so I'm gonna wait until the weekend probably.

There are different forms of alcoholism. If you absolutely need it to get by, that isn't good even if it is just one or two.

All joking aside, yes you are an alcoholic. You are self medicating with alcohol to, as you say, "take the edge off".

You use alcohol to medicate yourself, therefore you are an alcoholic. Alcoholism isnt about how much you drink, it's about WHY you drink.
This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. If you fuck or run or work out to ‘take the edge off’ doesn’t mean these are harmful activities. Alcoholism is a pathological lack of control. Drinking frequently because you enjoy it without obvious dysfunction doesn’t necessarily indicate alcoholism. True alcoholics genetically lack the enzyme to properly break it down and function

Naw, I'm not an alc and I usually drink a 16oz bottle every 3 days

This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. If you fuck or run or work out to ‘take the edge off’ doesn’t mean these are harmful activities. Alcoholism is a pathological lack of control. Drinking frequently because you enjoy it without obvious dysfunction doesn’t necessarily indicate alcoholism. True alcoholics genetically lack the enzyme to properly break it down and function
i should shit in ur mouth

This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. If you fuck or run or work out to ‘take the edge off’ doesn’t mean these are harmful activities.

Who said anything about harm? Sure, fucking is harmless but there's still a thing called sex addiction.

If you NEED it to function yes it's a problem too.

You're wrong. Dependency shows a form of alcoholism.

I drink on average 1 or 2 beers a night. I rarely ever get intoxicated, even on the weekends. But I NEED that one or two beers every day to take the edge off. Without it I'm a cranky motherfucker and as soon as I get one double IPA in me I'm a totally different person.
1-2 beers per day is my average, plus, I also have 1 joint per day average.
I am questioning my habits, but at the same time I can be reliable and involved in all daily activites including work and family obligations

You're wrong. Dependency shows a form of alcoholism.
I guess in strict terms sure, if you have a few cigarettes every day technically you are a ‘smoker.’ But I’m saying there is a spectrum of severity that can fluctuate

A beer a day keeps the doctor away, we all need something to take the edge off, especially after a hard days work.

Lol, TS you are not an alcoholic.

Me on the other hand...

Back