Am I justified in being pissed off with my therapist?

My hypnotist figured out I was carrying. His attitude changed drastically after that.

You have a therapist AND you post in mayberry? Seems a little superfluous.

Ts needs a safe space and ben shapiro won't give it to him.

RllBIP_MYlA3u5PRSnkcW_fZO7Q0Pu9u8tUSZsGTXsD-QVyzLm-QR0BPkKDiXjinXwiW0uvZh4oXBnNpCPS6WRwpEidxfyO4UJuUo94X0IXMSoa8iKPmueMilw9CMPokczwlMw=w324-h454-nc

I'm thinking of basically telling him how I've considered beating the shit out of him for days, but going to another therapist seems like a better option. I just want him to realize he's lucky I didn't act on what I wanted to do, since I'm amazed nobody has caved his skull in with how he talks to patients in need of help.
Don't say anything he can construe as a threat, or you could end up with legal trouble. Just seek a new therapist, and forget about this prick.

First therapist I had was a total bitch. Nagged me all the time and complained about me not doing the, "homework," thought that socializing was the key to solving all of my problems, said that an old girlfriend who sabotaged our relationship, "did it out of love and care," and finally got so mad at me that she said I was going to die alone. <45>

For TS' situation, I recommend filing a grievance with your insurance if you use it for therapy (it won't really fix anything but it goes on their record), writing negative reviews about the guy and the practice, and then maybe taking a dump on the hood of his car.

Oh, and I had no clue that the way to defeat childhood trauma and negative feedback loops was healthy eating and exercise! So next time my parents say I'm a retarded failure I should just start doing pushups and show them!<Lmaoo>

I've never really liked my therapist, since he comes off very critical and judgmental, and I always thought the point of therapy was to confide in someone who listened and offered helpful advice, not nitpicky criticism. However, I've been mostly in a good place, so I tolerated him in the interest of trying to challenge myself in handling people I didn't like.

Well, I had a bit of a setback, and I finally confided to him that I felt like therapy has been a waste since I haven't felt I could trust him to tell him everything that is on mind and what is going on. He actually seemed hurt at the time, which made me feel bad. Yet, the next session, he's basically defending himself and putting the blame on me for not liking him. "I'm not going to coddle you. You need to be able to handle criticism." I'm thinking to myself, "You've never coddled; you've always been a judgmental dick. I'm my own worst critic and you criticize the dumbest shit." From what I've heard from others, the therapist should have been responsible and transferred me to another therapist, since patients need to feel trust. Instead, this guy blamed me and defended his style. My instinct is it's very unprofessional. It shouldn't matter, but the guy is 100 pounds soaking wet, so I'm amazed at the dickish things this guy says as a therapist. It's like, I'd have been destroyed as a child if I talked to people like he does for a living.

Thoughts?

I think your therapist needs therapy.

I’m a therapist and I’ll say that not all therapists are the right match for all people. If you feel consistently uncomfortable with him, trust your gut and try a different therapist.

That said, a therapists job isn’t just to make you feel warm and fuzzy. Sometimes they have to challenge you. But they should have already established a strong enough rapport that the challenging, while uncomfortable, still feels safe. He may have misread how comfortable he thought you felt with him.

Finally, he could just be a narcissistic douche. Some therapists do have a bit of a god complex.

Bro, no problem - I'll tell you how much you're fucking up your life for half price, over Sherdog. I'll PM you my PayPal info.

Constructive criticism, sure, but this guy has said some stupid shit to me. And is therapy really the place to have the worst critic who picks at you for stuff that doesn't matter? Every other therapist I've ever had doesn't do that shit.

that's interesting. Perhaps the stuff the therapist is picking at DOES matter. And the reason you're continuing to need therapy is because you haven't accepted it.

You either want a therapist or you want a best friend. They're not the same thing. Your therapist is supposed to push you through the things that you refuse to face yourself. Maybe this guy isn't doing a good job but it also sounds like you want to dictate what he focuses on...which kind of defeats the purpose of paying a therapist.

Damn even your therapist thinks you're a whiny bitch

that's interesting. Perhaps the stuff the therapist is picking at DOES matter. And the reason you're continuing to need therapy is because you haven't accepted it.

You either want a therapist or you want a best friend. They're not the same thing. Your therapist is supposed to push you through the things that you refuse to face yourself. Maybe this guy isn't doing a good job but it also sounds like you want to dictate what he focuses on...which kind of defeats the purpose of paying a therapist.

I criticize myself too much. Being overly judgmental is what I need to work on. How does having a therapist be even more judgmental help that?

Real simple if you don't trust him find another counselor

Last edited:
I criticize myself too much. Being overly judgmental is what I need to work on. How does having a therapist be even more judgmental help that?

It doesn't. Sounds like you need cognitive behavioural therapy, or just want someone to 'coddle' you with encouragement so you realize the negatives you beat yourself up over are actually neutralize or positive when seen through the lense of others. Change to a young white woman therapist between 27 and 31 who has no feminist undertones.

First therapist I had was a total bitch. Nagged me all the time and complained about me not doing the, "homework," thought that socializing was the key to solving all of my problems, said that an old girlfriend who sabotaged our relationship, "did it out of love and care," and finally got so mad at me that she said I was going to die alone. <45>

For TS' situation, I recommend filing a grievance with your insurance if you use it for therapy (it won't really fix anything but it goes on their record), writing negative reviews about the guy and the practice, and then maybe taking a dump on the hood of his car.

Oh, and I had no clue that the way to defeat childhood trauma and negative feedback loops was healthy eating and exercise! So next time my parents say I'm a retarded failure I should just start doing pushups and show them!<Lmaoo>

Healthy body, healthy mind.

Fat fuck.

Oh, and I had no clue that the way to defeat childhood trauma and negative feedback loops was healthy eating and exercise! So next time my parents say I'm a retarded failure I should just start doing pushups and show them!Lmaoo

Yeah, that was easily the dumbest thing in this thread.

Back