Am I the only one that thinks GGG was giving Canelo a boxing lesson?

YoungCashMoney

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I think it looked off because GGG decided to box this time instead of pressure him, but canelo was not at all pressuring GGG. GGG back didn't touch the ropes once, he wasn't being cut off, none of that.

GGG actually is a lot better than I thought he was in terms of really studying it, dude has some serious boxing skills and did some little things in there thats extremely impressive especially for his age.

I thought his defense looked great, first good hook he got caught with really messed up his eye, ate a lot of right hands on the side of his head which messed up his face a bit, but he rarely ever took a punch on the chin.

He was hitting Canelo with damn near every jab he threw, he hit him with a damn pull counter, the right hands he landed were beyond clean.

First time I watched it I didn't score it round by round, and was edging a GGG win or a draw.

This time scoring it round by round I have it 118-110 for GGG.

The jab won the fight for him alone, not counting some of those right hands in the last few rounds.

He was doing a lot of the things Floyd did to Canelo. GGG chose to box the first half and looked dominant in my eyes. Am I trippin?

Go through the many related threads. You'll have a hard time proving this fight wasn't very close.

Last edited:
Nah i had it 8-4 GGG wasn't a fan of the result. But it wasn't one sided.

I think you might be trippin, man.

RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT.

Fuck right off mate. JUST FUCK OFF.

Maybe I'm tripping then I seen dude circle the ring keep Alvarez in the middle and jab his head off, then in the last 3-4 rounds I seen him actually pressure canelo and put him on the ropes, actually move and hurt him with clean shots, and overall just showed superior boxing ability. I'ma rewatch it and try and see it with a bias towards canelo and see what I come up with - but activity matters and when ur constantly being peppered by a jab that shit is embarrassing.

I think in the first fight, Canelo baited Golovkin into eating punches by talking about how hes going to fight like a Mexican and whatever, and then perplexed GGG when he instead boxed him up.

I think GGG tried to do the same in the 2nd fight, by talking all this shit, so that canelo would think they are going to sit there and trade punches, and then for the first 6 rounds or so decided to circle and box. In the last 3 rounds his dumbass trainer who thinks eating punches is a good thing told him he is losing the fight, which clearly we now know he was, and to come forward, so we got to see the normal come forward GGG, and GGG's punches were really moving Canelo, hurting him, and he was actually pressuring him and putting him where he wanted.

Pretty much I think GGG wanted Canelo in the middle of the ring exactly where he was, and when he decided to turn it up he put Canelo on the ropes multiple times exactly where he wanted him and clearly was causing more damage with his punches.

Activity is also another huge point - if ur a counter puncher, an effective counter puncher, u should slow ur opponents activity down. Golovkin jabbed him every 3 seconds of every round and it looked like most were landing.

RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT.

Fuck right off mate. JUST FUCK OFF.

Hey bro ur hard as nails.

Last edited:
I think it looked off because GGG decided to box this time instead of pressure him, but canelo was not at all pressuring GGG. GGG back didn't touch the ropes once, he wasn't being cut off, none of that.

GGG actually is a lot better than I thought he was in terms of really studying it, dude has some serious boxing skills and did some little things in there thats extremely impressive especially for his age.

I thought his defense looked great, first good hook he got caught with really messed up his eye, ate a lot of right hands on the side of his head which messed up his face a bit, but he rarely ever took a punch on the chin.

He was hitting Canelo with damn near every jab he threw, he hit him with a damn pull counter, the right hands he landed were beyond clean.

First time I watched it I didn't score it round by round, and was edging a GGG win or a draw.

This time scoring it round by round I have it 118-110 for GGG.

The jab won the fight for him alone, not counting some of those right hands in the last few rounds.

He was doing a lot of the things Floyd did to Canelo. GGG chose to box the first half and looked dominant in my eyes. Am I trippin?
I don’t even like Canelo but even I would concede it was a very close fight which could go either way. As it stands I had GGG edging it.

Yeah, some people think this guy gave someone a boxing lesson but some people only watch the fighter they like.

Golovkin did not box well. He got hit clean, over and over and over again. In two fights in a row, he has showed 0 ability to adjust to Canelo's game and at the end of this one, his face looked like a chewed piece of bubble gum.

There was no lesson there. He never took Canelo off his game, was never able to stop Canelo's pressure.

He has a good chin and a good jab and against Canelo, thats all that makes him stand apart.

A fucking boxing lesson. They may have gave the WORLD a lesson in elite level boxing but not to each other. Ridiculous.

I think both men learned a lot in their two fights.; about the sport, about their limits as human beings, about striving for greatness.

I definitely wouldn't say that one was the teacher, and the other the student though. More like mutual autodidactacism.

I'm sure there's other delusional and biased people on here

Can’t say I agree YCM. Golovkin wasn’t keeping Canelo in the middle of the ring, Canelo was staying there and fighting for it.

It was a great scrap, no one gave anyone a lesson that night.

Every fight is a lesson. I guess it was a lesson in its own way for both boxers. I am part of the majority that think ggg won this and part of a very small minority that actually think ggg did better this time than in the first fight.

Maybe I'm tripping then I seen dude circle the ring keep Alvarez in the middle and jab his head off, then in the last 3-4 rounds I seen him actually pressure canelo and put him on the ropes, actually move and hurt him with clean shots, and overall just showed superior boxing ability. I'ma rewatch it and try and see it with a bias towards canelo and see what I come up with - but activity matters and when ur constantly being peppered by a jab that shit is embarrassing.

I think in the first fight, Canelo baited Golovkin into eating punches by talking about how hes going to fight like a Mexican and whatever, and then perplexed GGG when he instead boxed him up.

I think GGG tried to do the same in the 2nd fight, by talking all this shit, so that canelo would think they are going to sit there and trade punches, and then for the first 6 rounds or so decided to circle and box. In the last 3 rounds his dumbass trainer who thinks eating punches is a good thing told him he is losing the fight, which clearly we now know he was, and to come forward, so we got to see the normal come forward GGG, and GGG's punches were really moving Canelo, hurting him, and he was actually pressuring him and putting him where he wanted.

Pretty much I think GGG wanted Canelo in the middle of the ring exactly where he was, and when he decided to turn it up he put Canelo on the ropes multiple times exactly where he wanted him and clearly was causing more damage with his punches.

Activity is also another huge point - if ur a counter puncher, an effective counter puncher, u should slow ur opponents activity down. Golovkin jabbed him every 3 seconds of every round and it looked like most were landing.

Hey bro ur hard as nails.
That's a crazy theory considering that their camp consisted of GGG pressing forward with body shots

Yet actual fight night he decided to switch it up to having 70 percent of his punches be jabs?

And not listen to his corner?

Yeah, some people think this guy gave someone a boxing lesson but some people only watch the fighter they like.

Golovkin did not box well. He got hit clean, over and over and over again. In two fights in a row, he has showed 0 ability to adjust to Canelo's game and at the end of this one, his face looked like a chewed piece of bubble gum.

There was no lesson there. He never took Canelo off his game, was never able to stop Canelo's pressure.

He has a good chin and a good jab and against Canelo, thats all that makes him stand apart.

Ah, the old "look at his face" explanation. Didn't know we were watching a Calvin Kline Runway.

Ah, the old "look at his face" explanation. Didn't know we were watching a Calvin Kline Runway.
I was able to see the punches landing. Able to see Canelo backing him up and ripping shots to his body, responding with combos anytime he got hit. IF it weren't for Golovkins reputation as a big puncher, no one would think this was that close.

nah, at best, GGG won a very close 7-5 decision. Being fair, Canelo won 7-5ish.

Back