Am I the only one that thinks GGG was giving Canelo a boxing lesson?

No im not you goof, GGG didnt move his feet he wanted to stand his ground.
No where did i talk about any foot work period because they werent using any, they were in arms range and exchanging... canelo was landing the better punches and the punches were moving GGG back. Ggg was not moving back because he wanted to, the force of the punches were knocking him back.

Who cares if you talked or didn't talk about footwork? It doesn't appear you know what it is.

Who cares if you talked or didn't talk about footwork? It doesn't appear you know what it is.
It appears you dont. Your slow self thinks GGG put forth a lomachenko level footwork display when neither man did much with footwork, they traded shots all night with Canelo getting the better of the majority of the exchanges and earning himself a victory.

GGG jabs were no ordinary jabs. They had alot of power on them. I don't think enough credit was given to them in regards to significant strikes/power shots. Canelo head snapped back with each one landed..

GGG won a close clear unanimous decision by a minimum of 2 rounds. A couple times Canelo came in hard and GGG just outskilled him and shut down his aggression. Canelo was missing alot.

Props to Canelo though. His head made of stone. Great body work. He wasn't phased and kept coming forward which won him the fight.

It appears you dont. Your slow self thinks GGG put forth a lomachenko level footwork display when neither man did much with footwork, they traded shots all night with Canelo getting the better of the majority of the exchanges and earning himself a victory.

The problem here is, you only understand the implementation of footwork if its conducted with the level of spontaneity and flash associated with Loma. Good footwork is often times subtle. It's a fundamental part of boxing, and it's why a slower, older GGG is able to hang with and outbox a young stud like Canelo. As the fight wore on and fatigue settled in, it became increasingly difficult for Canelo to deal with GGG's use of range and angles.

The problem here is, you only understand the implementation of footwork if its conducted with the level of spontaneity and flash associated with Loma. Good footwork is often times subtle. It's a fundamental part of boxing, and it's why a slower, older GGG is able to hang with and outbox a young stud like Canelo. As the fight wore on and fatigue settled in, it became increasingly difficult for Canelo to deal with GGG's use of range and angles.
No its not, there wasnt much footwork going on goofball. Good footwork which is subtle is what ward and hopkins do. Ggg wasnt displaying much footwork , they were standing in arns reach trading punches. Canelo ggg 1 had much more footwork on display. They didnt move their feet much and the numbers show it. They threw a high volume because neither man was moving their feet. Ggg was being knocked back by punches.

No its not, there wasnt much footwork going on goofball. They were standing in arns reach trading punches. Canelo ggg 1 had much more footwork on display. They didnt move their feet much and the numbers show it. They threw a high volume because neither man was moving their feet. Ggg was being knocked back by punches.

Ignorance is bliss, I suppose.

Ignorance is bliss, I suppose.
In your case sure. Again youre pretending a master class of footwork was displayed when they were in punching range and landing at a high connect rate. Floyd mayweather schooled Canelo in the footwork and other departments of the fight, GGG did not.

In your case sure. Again youre pretending a master class of footwork was displayed when they were in punching range and landing at a high connect rate. Floyd mayweather schooled Canelo in the footwork and other departments of the fight, GGG did not.

Floyd did school Canelo, you're right about that.

GGG has some of the best footwork in the business. It's how he knocked down Danny Jacobs, its why his opponents are so often caught against the ropes, its why he landed 118 jabs against Canelo. For all of his head movement, explosiveness, and counter punching, Canelo's feet leave something to be desired.

GGG jabs were no ordinary jabs. They had alot of power on them. I don't think enough credit was given to them in regards to significant strikes/power shots. Canelo head snapped back with each one landed..

GGG won a close clear unanimous decision by a minimum of 2 rounds. A couple times Canelo came in hard and GGG just outskilled him and shut down his aggression. Canelo was missing alot.

Props to Canelo though. His head made of stone. Great body work. He wasn't phased and kept coming forward which won him the fight.
They are actually ordinary jabs and the judges score them as such. You guys show bias by saying things like that and thats exactly why time and again people come up with score cards that don't match the judges and they just don't get why. Its why even in rounds where the guy gets outlanded 2-1 in power, you still think he dominated. Golvokins jab did nothing special. He never stopped canelo's forward movement with it. He never visibly hurt Canelo with a jab. Didn't bust him up. You go into rounds giving Golovkin credit for things he doesn't actually prove in there.

Yes, Abel wants GGG to fight like Julio Caesar Chavez. All the time. No matter what. The guy loves the sound of his own voice.
Like you said ignorance is bliss

This makes for fun debate what each anon thinks who won

The reality: Canelo won.

I am looking forward on the next threat win lose or draw

It's a great time to be a boxing fan

Last edited:
They are actually ordinary jabs and the judges score them as such. You guys show bias by saying things like that and thats exactly why time and again people come up with score cards that don't match the judges and they just don't get why. Its why even in rounds where the guy gets outlanded 2-1 in power, you still think he dominated. Golvokins jab did nothing special. He never stopped canelo's forward movement with it. He never visibly hurt Canelo with a jab. Didn't bust him up. You go into rounds giving Golovkin credit for things he doesn't actually prove in there.

IMO if a jab is more than just a jab, it will prove it. Like Kovalev, Floyd or Cotto knocking guys down with it. But I don’t get this idea of saying “they were really hard!” when they weren’t visibly doing anything different than a Malinaggi jab, for instance.

If you asked me how I felt, I’d say Golovkin does has above average power in his jab. But that’s not something that I know, and I can’t judge based on my feelings. Hurt a guy with a punch and I’ll give it more credit. Otherwise, a guy could have the flu and not be 100% yet here I am, giving him credit for things I saw before, not what I see now.

Canelo was raking Golovkins body with shots that would drop most other fighters. Where’s his extra credit? He’s not getting it and rightfully so. Power is relative. You can punch as hard as you want, if it ain’t hurting the other guy it’s just a punch imo.

I scored the fight a Draw, however, for all those saying GGG's "jabbing" and footwork should've won the fight, the following is what judges actually watch for. Did GGG do all of these things better than Canelo for more rounds?
  • Effective Aggression – Being aggressive gives the impression of dominance, but unless the boxer is landing shots and not constantly getting countered, it’s not exactly “effective.” Judges look for effective aggression, where the aggressor consistently lands his punches and avoids those from his opponent.
  • Ring Generalship – The fighter who controls the action and enforces his will and style.
  • Defense – How well is a boxer slipping, parrying, and blocking punches? Good defense is important.
  • Hard and Clean Punches – To the untrained eye, it can appear as if a boxer is landing a lot of shots, when, in fact, most are being blocked or aren’t landing flush. A judge needs to look for hard shots that land clean.
https://coolmaterial.com/feature/how-to-score-a-boxing-match/

I could discredit Canelo body punching and hooks the same way you just did GGG jabs.

The body punches didn't slow GGG....in fact he came on stronger mid fight til the end than Canelo. I didn't see 3G get rocked by any of those hooks.

GGG straight right and uppercuts didn't drop Canelo or force him back...does that mean they weren't hard shots either?

GGG was not landing ordinary jabs. They were super hard in comparison to "ordinary" landing harder than alot of boxer straight right hands.

Go back and watch Canelo s head snap back and listen to the impact. At least be aware of what you are witnessing.

I could discredit Canelo body punching and hooks the same way you just did GGG jabs.

The body punches didn't slow GGG....in fact he came on stronger mid fight til the end than Canelo. I didn't see 3G get rocked by any of those hooks.
The body punches were pretty clearly having an effect on Golovkin. I'll score a left hook to the body over a jab. Any day of the week.

The body punches were pretty clearly having an effect on Golovkin. I'll score a left hook to the body over a jab. Any day of the week.

As I said...GGG jabs were landing harder than most boxers straight rights...but it's your story.

GGG is a flat out better boxer than Canelo. Even a better brawler/power puncher. Canelo was rocked in both fights. GGG never was. Canelo was also schooled on the jab in the rematch. Shame, GGG should be 2-0 against Saul.

Back