Am I the only one that thinks GGG was giving Canelo a boxing lesson?

I only saw the fight recently, a replay of the whole match. I dont think GGG took Canelo to school or vice versa. But I do think just from watching, Canelo did seem to land harder hits more often than GGG. GGG did get his in, but Canelo got more in.

And I will say the commentators were biased against GGG. They comments make it seem like Canelo is kicking GGG's ass, and tooling him, but I say it is closer than that but still with Canelo winning. Canelo seem to control the pace more of the fight too.

GGG is a flat out better boxer than Canelo. Even a better brawler/power puncher. Canelo was rocked in both fights. GGG never was. Canelo was also schooled on the jab in the rematch. Shame, GGG should be 2-0 against Saul.

GGG has about 3 combinations in his arsenal, GGG isn't a masterful counterpuncher, GGG doesn't have amazing footwork, GGG is simply a pressure fighter who suddenly decided to try and outbox a boxer. Canelo trained for GGG to come forward, GGG opted to be on the backfoot the majority of the fight. It's like Alex Leapai trying to be a boxer against Wlad instead of doing what he did his entire career just swing for the fences and hope for the best.

I just got a chance to watch and scored a draw. I need to rewatch, I will note that almost every round Canelo won the criteria of ring generalship.

Having an effective jab does not equate to a boxing lesson. Ggg's footwork was terrible and clunky. He also didn't seem to have the proper conditioning.

I only saw the fight recently, a replay of the whole match. I dont think GGG took Canelo to school or vice versa. But I do think just from watching, Canelo did seem to land harder hits more often than GGG. GGG did get his in, but Canelo got more in.

And I will say the commentators were biased against GGG. They comments make it seem like Canelo is kicking GGG's ass, and tooling him, but I say it is closer than that but still with Canelo winning. Canelo seem to control the pace more of the fight too.
Which broadcast were you watching? Because Jim Lampley was riding Golovkin hard.

GGG has about 3 combinations in his arsenal, GGG isn't a masterful counterpuncher, GGG doesn't have amazing footwork, GGG is simply a pressure fighter who suddenly decided to try and outbox a boxer. Canelo trained for GGG to come forward, GGG opted to be on the backfoot the majority of the fight. It's like Alex Leapai trying to be a boxer against Wlad instead of doing what he did his entire career just swing for the fences and hope for the best.

Jab, jab, right hand. Canelo took that away in both fights and Golovkin looked less the destroyer.

I agree. I've always said he was pretty one dimensional. He's just better with that one dimension than anyone he's fought. Against fighters with more versatility, like Jacobs and Canelo, his flaws have become more obvious.

Let's not diss GGG because he lost a very close fight at 36 that made his opponent the new n°1 P4P. Jab and cross are his bread and butter, but he also tagged Canelo with quite a few left hooks and right uppercuts, and was pretty damn good from the backfoot in the second half of the fight. He's also a pretty effective body puncher. Claiming he's one dimensional is a tad simplistic. Having a tougher time against better opponents is usually what boxers do.

Let's not diss GGG because he lost a very close fight at 36 that made his opponent the new n°1 P4P. Jab and cross are his bread and butter, but he also tagged Canelo with quite a few left hooks and right uppercuts, and was pretty damn good from the backfoot in the second half of the fight. He's also a pretty effective body puncher. Claiming he's one dimensional is a tad simplistic. Having a tougher time against better opponents is usually what boxers do.
I'm saying nothing about him I didn't say before the Jacobs fight. He's just not a versatile guy.

Max did like Canelo's work but he actually had Golovkin edging the fight.

I dont know, I did not watch all the way to the scorecard announcement. It just seemed like they lauding Canelo the whole way while not giving GGG enough credit. Still though, Canelo seemed to have landed more, and the aggressor.

I dont know, I did not watch all the way to the scorecard announcement. It just seemed like they lauding Canelo the whole way while not giving GGG enough credit. Still though, Canelo seemed to have landed more, and the aggressor.
Canelo was looking pretty sharp for the first 7 rounds or so. I think the story of the fight until the mid point was Canelo walking Golovkin down.

Canelo was looking pretty sharp for the first 7 rounds or so. I think the story of the fight until the mid point was Canelo walking Golovkin down.

That is what stuck in my mind too, but even in the ladder rounds, I dont think GGG did enough. Canelo still landing on GGG in the later rounds anyways.

Max Kellerman needs to be fired as a commentator. Stick to the face to face shit, but he has no place in the commentary team, neither do guys like Larry Merchant or Harold. We need new blood.

Max Kellerman needs to be fired as a commentator. Stick to the face to face shit, but he has no place in the commentary team, neither do guys like Larry Merchant or Harold. We need new blood.
I don't mind Max. I'd like to see Jim Lampley gone. His homoerotic fascination with some fighters is a distraction.

I don't mind Max. I'd like to see Jim Lampley gone. His homoerotic fascination with some fighters is a distraction.

To be honest I like Jim Lampley, I believe his sportscasting career is one of the best around and while he does seem to jerk certain fighters off he's not like Teddy Atlas or Larry Merchant who were just outright disrespectful to fighters.

To be honest I like Jim Lampley, I believe his sportscasting career is one of the best around and while he does seem to jerk certain fighters off he's not like Teddy Atlas or Larry Merchant who were just outright disrespectful to fighters.
I can't stand him. I truly think he is awful. The most biased commentator this side of Howard Cossell.

I can't stand him. I truly think he is awful. The most biased commentator this side of Howard Cossell.

Who the fuck is Howard Cossell lmao. I personally would prefer it if we had former/current referees as commentators, As much as listening to Roy Jones Jr slur his way through a fight or Paulie tell us how he'd do better I'd rather have people who aren't former fighters commentating.

Who the fuck is Howard Cossell lmao. I personally would prefer it if we had former/current referees as commentators, As much as listening to Roy Jones Jr slur his way through a fight or Paulie tell us how he'd do better I'd rather have people who aren't former fighters commentating.
The guy that did the commentary for a lot of Ali and Leonard fights.

The guy that did the commentary for a lot of Ali and Leonard fights.

Ohh the old guy who looked like Maxwell Smart. Yeah he was pretty biased.

Back