Am I the only one that thinks GGG was giving Canelo a boxing lesson?

That's a crazy theory considering that their camp consisted of GGG pressing forward with body shots

Yet actual fight night he decided to switch it up to having 70 percent of his punches be jabs?

And not listen to his corner?
i think people are overlooking how much canelo hurt ggg's body in the early rounds. i also think people are short selling ggg's big right in the latter rounds. he definitely had canelo in a fair bit of trouble and finished the fight stronger. i didn't bother trying to score rounds, but to me ggg seemed on the verge of defeat early and canelo nearly got koed in the later rounds.

I was able to see the punches landing. Able to see Canelo backing him up and ripping shots to his body, responding with combos anytime he got hit. IF it weren't for Golovkins reputation as a big puncher, no one would think this was that close.
if it weren't for the fact the ggg nearly stopped canelo latter in the fight no one would think it was close.

I actually hit a parlay on this fight for Lemieux ko chocolatito ko & canelo decision and made a few G's so when I watched the first time I was actually wanting Canelo to win, and seen what appeared to be a draw or a close GGG win, so it wasn't no bias because I'm stoked on my money but shit there is some skills displayed that are amazing from GGG that I haven't seen him do before, and maybe that mesmerized my score the second time around.

But for real it ain't even just that, its the consistency of the jab. To me, the jab would stop Canelo from throwing for a decent amount of time, he would land a flashy shot then it would rinse and repeat. I guess its like: do you like the jabber or the guy trying to hurt the other guy. I saw Canelo peppered with jabs and didn't think his power shots were enough to take away the consistency of control GGG was doing.

I have 5 years of boxing training from one of the greatest boxing minds ever, Floyd Mayweather Sr., so trust me when I say I know how to box. if you are standing in the middle of the ring the whole time, and not the one circling, you are being BOXED. You are taking the stance of a counter puncher to a degree but you are unable to trap your opponent, your opponent is moving around you, and you are being controlled. At no point did Canelo control GGG or use effective pressure, he just stood his ground more.

Canelo don't get no extra points for being a badass this time around, which he is, and standing his ground. GGG never really attempted to pressure him back to the ropes and that's evident by the fact that GGG was the one who faded and in the last 3 rounds he actually showed what effective pressure looks like.

Swing rounds in mind and watching with an extreme canelo bias like I did the first time around, you can give at most 6 rounds to him. But GGG didn't lose the fight, period. If you look at it with a Golovkin bias, 118-110 is very possible, which is what I came up with rewatching it a second time. I had the same card as Harold Lederman except I thought GGG won rounds 1 & 2.

Regardless hail canelo for making me my money, but as soon as some gif's can be made of this fight I'll see if I can show you what amazes me so much about some of the things he was doing in there.

Also, you can't judge based off how someones face looks, this is boxing and is a round by round sport.

I stand by the fact that GGG is just a better boxer and fighter than Canelo, overall and in every which way. I predicted canelo would win this fight because I thought GGG was a bit one dimensional and was figured out by the end of the first fight, I was wrong but I was right.

Just seen a video with Paulie though and I guess I'm not the only one, he took the words out my mouth about all I had to say.

<FookIsThatGuy>

That's a boss video which 99 percent of Canelo haters will watch and ignore

Love the part where Pauli gets called out on his bias
The face he made

Last edited:
Back