Am i the only one who thinks Mike Perry is not impressive

After hearing all the hype about this guy I was shocked to see he wasn’t even ranked. He seems like a brawler. Sure he has a chin and some power which will only get him so far. Technique will destroy him. He has potential and with the right camp could go far.

We really all need mike perry to become great.. The hype around him is exciting even if the hype is all for the WRONG reasons.

His fights are fun. When he wins you get to enjoy a nice KO, when he loses you get to enjoy a douchebag losing a fist fight.

who would you guys like to see Perry fight next??

impressive? no

enterntaing? ye

JzoGkJm.jpg

He's not all that technical but he has an iron chin. He throws to knock people out and if that doesn't happen, he gasses. He's still exciting to watch fight.

Don't think he will ever touch a belt though.

WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!! He looked stiff as a board and he also looked to be in slow motion..
His head movement was outstanding in the first half of the fight. Ponzi only landed one out of 47 head strike attempts

I personally don't recognize Ponzi's last 2 wins as they were both tainted with big eye pokes. It's pretty telling when you only land 1 out of 47 head strikes... & then after an eye poke that makes your opponent bleed from the eye... you start teeing off.

See the thing is, the Perry "bangwagon" is really just a joke. No one actually thinks he's good. So if you took it seriously and had high expectations, then yeah you'd be very disappointed :D

Whats up fellas.. Happy Holidays to yall.. I never watched a Mike Perry fight until last weekend being there was soooo much hype around him from alot of sherdoggers.. You guys got me amed up to watch him fight... then it came time to watch him andddd

WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!! He looked stiff as a board and he also looked to be in slow motion.. His cardio was awful and i was totally not impressed at all. Yes he talks a great game but in the end its about what u do in the cage!!!

Then in an interview after his loss, he goes on about how his opponent stopped his last 5 guy and he made it to the end???? sayyyy whatttt!?!?!

Thanks for a BIG let down my fellow sherdoggers!!

Heh, i find it interesting the fact I was the other way around.

I first watched him (that I remember) against Jouban. And I was rooting for Alan, so I was glad he won.

But I quickly forgot about him... until SHerdog brought up the name time and again... but knowing sherdog, I didn't expect much from him.

But in this fight, I was impressed in how durable he was.
IMO fighters will win or lose, it is inconsequential.
But heart and toughness.... that is what stays in my mind!

And the dude is tough!
Yes, he talk a way too big a game for what he can do inside the octagon, but one can't deny that when he is inside the octagon, you will see either him KTFO someone, or get a severe beating trying. And quite frankly, I miss those days where fighters wouldn't fight with the rulebook under their arm...

yes you're literally the only one, well done

His head movement was outstanding in the first half of the fight. Ponzi only landed one out of 47 head strike attempts

I personally don't recognize Ponzi's last 2 wins as they were both tainted with big eye pokes. It's pretty telling when you only land 1 out of 47 head strikes... & then after an eye poke that makes your opponent bleed from the eye... you start teeing off.

i dont really pay attention to compu box as its kind of BS. Ok so maybe he has decent head movement, but its nothing outrageous... buttt he is extremely stiff throwing his hands... im really mad about the eye poke, prolly more mad that the ref did nothing about it. this is an ongoing thing with ponz. he pokes everyone in the eye.. when is enough enough!!?? i was expecting a lot more from perry with the way he was built up on here is all im saying.

Heh, i find it interesting the fact I was the other way around.

I first watched him (that I remember) against Jouban. And I was rooting for Alan, so I was glad he won.

But I quickly forgot about him... until SHerdog brought up the name time and again... but knowing sherdog, I didn't expect much from him.

But in this fight, I was impressed in how durable he was.
IMO fighters will win or lose, it is inconsequential.
But heart and toughness.... that is what stays in my mind!

And the dude is tough!
Yes, he talk a way too big a game for what he can do inside the octagon, but one can't deny that when he is inside the octagon, you will see either him KTFO someone, or get a severe beating trying. And quite frankly, I miss those days where fighters wouldn't fight with the rulebook under their arm...

That is fair and i can respect that.. i love watching a warrior win lose or draw just as much as everyone.. my point was that i was thinking he was a world beater with the way sherdoggers built him up to be so i had very high expectations watching him fight and i was let down.. people on here was making him out to be the next champion and i just didnt see that at all in him. He is tough yes. he seems somewhat durable if he can get his cardio up and i will def watch him fight.. i just dont think he will ever become a champion.

i love Justin Gaethje as well but i dont think he will ever become champ either. Everyone loves warriors like them regardless if they will ever become champion.. Arturo Gatti is one of my all time fav fighters and he will never ever be considered a goat.

Back