Amanda Nunes (in may): I'm not interested in fighting Cyborg.Also Cyborg called out Cat who beat her

Amanda has said before that she would not be interested in fighting Cyborg either so who gives a shit. Holly has turned down fights, De randamie gave up a belt to avoid a fight she didn't want, plenty of fighters have turned down fights. No you need no permission at all, we don't like each other, you just let it be known by chirping off from behind a keyboard. I am over it. Goodbye.

No sh*t? That's what this entire thread is about. Amanda Nunes saying she isn't interested in fighting Cyborg. (Did you bother reading the original post before commenting?) But like I told the TS, Cyborg was the first to say it way back in July of 2016. Ronda said the same thing. Did that stop Cyborg for repeatedly calling her out? Nope. 'plenty of fighters...' We're not talking about plenty of fighters. We're talking about one fighter in particular. A fighter that a lot of idiots here believe is the greatest female fighter of all time. The greats don't turn down (duck) fights with top competition.

Are you drunk? Cyborg is not moving down, especially being there is a division in the ufc now that she is comfortable making weight for. Even if the fight was at 140 that is still heavier than 135. So nothing would change at all, that would be the terms period. We will have to see what the future holds I suppose.

Of course she isn't moving down. Cyborg is content handpicking blown up 125 and 135'ers and forcing them up to her weight class, where she has all the advantage. I'm perfectly aware of her M.O. Cyborg should move down and could move down, but she's totally unwilling to get rid of her steroid muscles (the only thing holding her back). You didn't actually address the question I asked. I didn't ask about the possibility of Cyborg moving down. I asked why would Cyborg suddenly stop avoiding Nunes just because Nunes decided to move up? Again: Cyborg said she's going to avoid (her word) the fight with Nunes.

Last edited:
Its an excuse

Can you imagine 2 Americans refusing to fight for a title for "national support" ?

What if GSP doesnt want to fight Bisping since canada is part of the common wealth ?
If GSP wins he can't defend against Romero because they are both North American.

Nunes actually has power though unlike those other bums so of course she called them out
(Ronda had power but shit technique)

Of course not, she will duck for her whole career. She will avoid challenging fights like the plague and will try to get as much advantage to create as unfair a situation as possible.

It must piss you off that she is the champ in her own division in the ufc.

No, that's actually really silly. This sport isn't about minority vs majority, or this nation vs that nation. It's about one individual trying to prove his superiority over another individual. Period. Most fighters are perfectly willing to fight their own countrymen.
Yessir. In Pride, Japanese fought Japanese, Russian fought Russian (Aleks v Sergei) etc, and in the UFC/WEC/SF and all others, American fights American. I don't understand it.

The idea that Nunes (or Ronda, MM, GSP, etc, etc) should have to move up to fight at a higher weight class is just stupid. They should be applauded if they do, but it shouldn't be expected.

Uh, I told you we were done. You just answered someone else's question genius, lol.
Don't go away mad, just go away.
So you don't have an answer? I'll answer for you: It's a bullshit division that shouldn't exist. No one's actually in it, and there's nothing to be angry about.

Lyoto and Anderson were training partners. It wasn't just a patriotism issue.

I heard that from my cousins wifes sister husbands brother.......

I am ANGRY and I want to be RIGHT so I will write in CAPS!!!

Yeah, but he fought a bunch of other Brazilians. Hence, it is not Machida's passport that determined this eh. Simple logic.

Also.....where did I use the Anderson-Lyoto example to explain why big-named Brazilian fighters prefer to fight foreigners!!!!???? He probably did NOT want to FIGHT Lyoto for the very reasons I EXPLAINED.

Cool story bro......

No, that's actually really silly. This sport isn't about minority vs majority, or this nation vs that nation. It's about one individual trying to prove his superiority over another individual. Period. Most fighters are perfectly willing to fight their own countrymen.

This all the way. Fighters acting like this is the fucking olympics is just absurd. this is a SINGLE individual sport - go fight your best fucking friend if it's going to lead you both to a massive payday, and someone to a title.

Cyborg is not a Brazilian, back in December she publicly renounced Brazil and swore allegiance to the US. She also swore to bear arms on behalf of the US against any enemy ......... even Brazil.

I prefer Joanna's attitude, actively campaigning to get the other Polish girl into the UFC so she could beat her up and show the folks back home who was the better fighter.

I don't buy it that it is "national pride" or anything like that. To build up their careers, they fight plenty of brazilians in the smaller tournaments there. We've had great fights between brazilians, like Shogun-Lyoto, Anderson-Vitor, Werdum-JDS and so on.

I've spent enough time in Brazil.....frankly, the reason they do not fight one another is that they sell a lot less if the opponent is also brazilian. The way to sell over there is to pitch a "brazilian against something else", otherwise there is little interest.

The fighters themselves, when they make it big, don't seem to care: they live up here and so on. If they both go unbeaten for over a year or so, the UFC should make it happen. But I think Nunes will lose before Cyborg....

Sure...try making it as an MMA fighter in Brazil by avoiding fighting Brazilians for belts with no prestige.

Pretty much the same situation as Cris preferring not to fight Amanda unless she had to at the highest level.

<Fedor23>

also
No one has to go up if he/she does not want to

stop forcing
Jones to fight miocic at 265
DJ to fight TJ/Cody at 135lbs
Joanna to fight Valentina at 125lbs
Amanda to fight Cyborg at 145lbs

They don't have to move up because of you. If heavier athlete wants to fight lighter one he/she should move down to him/her.

I agree in general that fighters shouldn't have to fight outside their chosen weight class if they can make the weight.

However, Cyborg is a joke. She is in a weight class with no other fighters. I guess the UFC can keep feeding her soccer moms but that is not a draw and will not justify the money she thinks she deserves.

A fight with Nunes is a legitimate draw and would be a big payday for both of them. I get they are playing the whole "Brazilian Pride" card likely because they are the only Brazilian champs left in the UFC but they are doing themselves a disservice.

So now Cyborg fights who? Holly Holm? A 135 fighter coming up to 145 because no one else will? I'm a fan of Holly but she is 1-3 in her last 4 (although she got robbed in the Randamie fight) and here she is fighting for another belt. She will also be at a huge size disadvantage, exactly what Cyborg counts on in her fights.

Let the idiot go back and smash cans in Invicta.

I heard that from my cousins wifes sister husbands brother.......

Both of them spoke about it, there was a lot of footage of them training together, and they made several appearances together, including films.

Both of them spoke about it, there was a lot of footage of them training together, and they made several appearances together, including films.

And Hillary really won the presidency too.......

And Hillary really won the presidency too.......

What are you talking about?

I've seen the videos, over years.

Are you saying it's some kind of conspiracy?

2012-08-27-lyotomachidaandersonsilva_jpg_630x360_q85.jpg

Anderson+Silva+Lyoto+Machida.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

mma_s_macglyoto_576-2.jpg

Back