Amanda Serrano signs with Meisha Tate. Joins Combate Américas March card

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
To date, they’ve signed pros Gina Mazany, Cindy Dandois, and Gustavo Lopez, amateur fighter Cheyanne Vlismas, and recently received a verbal commitment from five-division boxing champion Amanda Serrano, who plans to pursue MMA as a flyweight.

Tate, who took an active role in guiding her own career and helped other fighters in an unofficial capacity over the last few years, has recently thrown herself into a crash course on management, from sponsor pursuit to athlete development to contract negotiations and beyond.

“The reason I wanted to make it my mission is I remember how difficult it was for me in the early days, and I learned a lot during that time,” she said. “I went through the thick of it. I’ve had bad management and great management. Some set the example to follow in their footsteps; others showed what not to do. I had awful experiences being taken advantage of, and I want to make their lives as easy as possible to focus on training. With my partners, we share a vision of supporting athletes to get them to the next level.”

Also from her personal Instagram pages, plus I saw her at Xtreme Couture training a little floor game and Meisha's striking coach. No $$$$ on women's boxing.

Last edited:
Why would anyone want to be an MMA manager? How much can you make from 10% of standard 10K/10K paydays riddled sporadically throughout the year, unless you're managing an enormous stable of fighters?

And it seems inevitable that clients are going to end up blaming / hating their managers for being forced to sign the lopsided contracts that are rampant in this industry, so not sure if Tate's going to like the heat generation when that happens.

Why would anyone want to be an MMA manager? How much can you make from 10% of standard 10K/10K paydays riddled sporadically throughout the year, unless you're managing an enormous stable of fighters?

And it seems inevitable that clients are going to end up blaming / hating their managers for being forced to sign the lopsided contracts that are rampant in this industry, so not sure if Tate's going to like the heat generation when that happens.
Managers make closer to 15%-20% nowadays. That's not just from fight purses, a good manager goes out and finds endorsements and sponsors for fighters as well. They get a cut of that money, too.

Highly approve of this move by Tate. Like many businesses it will take her time to build a portfolio and become profitable but with her name and connections she should be able to help female fighters substantially. Unfortunately I hate WMMA but I like the entrepreneurial side she's showing.

That same one
I admire your patience.

On topic, have there been many other fighters who have taken the MMA management route? This is the first I've heard of Miesha getting into that side of the business. Nice to hear when fighters have transitioned their fighting careers into something meaningful after retirement.

Tate, who took an active role in guiding her own career and helped other fighters in an unofficial capacity over the last few years, has recently thrown herself into a crash course on management, from sponsor pursuit to athlete development to contract negotiations and beyond.

“The reason I wanted to make it my mission is I remember how difficult it was for me in the early days, and I learned a lot during that time,” she said. “I went through the thick of it. I’ve had bad management and great management. Some set the example to follow in their footsteps; others showed what not to do. I had awful experiences being taken advantage of, and I want to make their lives as easy as possible to focus on training. With my partners, we share a vision of supporting athletes to get them to the next level.”

Also from her personal Instagram pages, plus I saw her at Xtreme Couture training a little floor game and Meisha's striking coach. No $$$$ on women's boxing, she is 35 do, not a young girl.

Is she effin kidding everyone or she just think we're dumb?!

Her cucked ex boyfriend was the one "guiding her career and helping other fighters in an unofficial capacity over the last few years" !!!

Even one of her now athletes, Gustavo Lopez, was the one always thanking Bryan for all his hospitality, support and help during all his career so far!

Everyday this girl makes more impossible to me to keep being her fan, what the heck happened to her??

Serrano is 28 years old, not sure where you are getting 35 from, maybe the other boxer with DiBella, Heather Hardy

Serrano is 28 years old, not sure where you are getting 35 from, maybe the other boxer with DiBella, Heather Hardy
Amanda is 28' her sister Cindy is 35' missinformation in the article

I think its pretty obvious she is signing with Bellator. Once she said she still will box and compete is MMA the case was closed. Plus that DiBella guy already has relationships in Bellator and I don't think he has any with the UFC.

I think its pretty obvious she is signing with Bellator. Once she said she still will box and compete is MMA the case was closed. Plus that DiBella guy already has relationships in Bellator and I don't think he has any with the UFC.

It may be a stretch to get a new MMA fighter strait into the UFC but Misha can do it she is making a name for herself as a coach in TUF as part of Team Gaethje.

Flyweights are new division but these are the ones I want to watch..
Mackenzie Dern (bjj champ) vs. Amanda Serrano (5x boxing champ)

It will more than likely be Bellator.

Was listening to dibella speak about his friendly relationship with Coker and how some of his girls want to try their hand at mma.

Don’t know much about this girl though.

Looking forward to seeing how her talent translates over, there's not alot of depth in women's boxing so often times women with titles or nice records get hyped to be a bit more than they are, but Serrano's boxing ability and power is legit. For comparisons sake she is more skilled and a better athlete than Hardy.

Tate knows the system she will be great

It will more than likely be Bellator.

Was listening to dibella speak about his friendly relationship with Coker and how some of his girls want to try their hand at mma.

Don’t know much about this girl though.

I think it would be best if Serrano signs with UFC, because Dana White is going into boxing, Serrano can do both sports, Dana will allow his ufc fighters to box as well small fights on the undercard

So many of his fighters wanted to box but he never let them, they were only allowed jiu jitsu tourneys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back