Amazon pulls T-shirt that says "Slavery gets s@@t done"

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Guessing Amazon did not vet this seller.
Everyday Joe can print T-Shirts for a few bucks and sell on Amazon.

Many years ago I was watching a documentary on construction worker abuse in Dubai. This British journalist was interviewing an Arab, and part way through the response he got impatient and justified the horrible treatment of the Asian laborers by stating that even the Ancient Egyptians needed slaves to build the Pyramids.

What the above mentioned Arab and this T-Shirt gets wrong is that the Pyramids were not built by slaves.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5310267/Amazon-pulls-Slavery-Gets-S-Tshirts-website.html

amazon_t_shirt.png

Can we be honest about what most of these stories are?

It is manufactured news, generated by Amazon.

It is free advertising.

Can we be honest about what most of these stories are?

It is manufactured news, generated by Amazon.

It is free advertising.
Good point.

Now, the thing about these t-shirts is that a lot of sellers use algorithms to get sentences to use. That's why you have so many random and offensive t-shirts/mugs online. It's similar to how a lot of children's videos on youtube are made: by a computer generating random sentences/images.

This seems to be more deliberate though.

It's not an incorrect statement

to be fair slaves did build a lot of shit in the ancient world.

Is it right, no. did it work, yes.

They'll do anything they can to help keep the race war going.

Lol that's funny.

What kind of attention seeking try-hard buys a shirt like that?

What kind of attention seeking try-hard buys a shirt like that?
I could see half this board buying one just "to make liberals cry" because thats the only desire of these weird cannibals

I could see half this board buying one just "to make liberals cry" because thats the only desire of these weird cannibals
They are absolutely, 100% obsessed with liberals and finding ways to offend them.

Guessing Amazon did not vet this seller.
Everyday Joe can print T-Shirts for a few bucks and sell on Amazon.

Many years ago I was watching a documentary on construction worker abuse in Dubai. This British journalist was interviewing an Arab, and part way through the response he got impatient and justified the horrible treatment of the Asian laborers by stating that even the Ancient Egyptians needed slaves to build the Pyramids.

What the above mentioned Arab and this T-Shirt gets wrong is that the Pyramids were not built by slaves.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5310267/Amazon-pulls-Slavery-Gets-S-Tshirts-website.html

amazon_t_shirt.png

TBH that shirt is absolutely trollicious and I would love to shadow the guy who would wear it out in public. Maybe make a YouTube channel out of the interactions.

would love to see an idiot where a shit like that out. they would just be asking to get their ass beat. lol

Back