America’s not so great military

That209

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Let’s be real.

I’m not hating. I’m being realistic.

America has won just one time since WWII. Korea considered a draw. Vietnam considered an outright loss (more political, but still). Won desert storm. Iraq and Afghanistan have been failures so far. The main issue with Iraq and Afghanistan is you can’t win because there’s no way you’re going to destroy an idea (an idea that you guys created), but you can’t leave or just ask for peace at this point anymore. Ya fucked up, big time.

Technologically, you’re the best. Strategically, on the ground, hmm..

"While serving with Task Force K-Bar, Vice Admiral Robert Harward, a US Navy SEAL, stated that the JTF2 team under his command was his first choice for any direct action."

From: Joint Task Force 2 and Canada’s elite commandos and the invasion of Afghanistan | Toronto Star

Okay, so just to repeat this… US Navy SEALS are among the best spec-ops teams in the world. The American commander, himself a SEAL and with a wide array of teams to choose from, regarded JTF2 as his “go-to” team for critical missions.

That kind of speaks for itself.

So amazing that one if your own prefers to use special forces from a different country instead of his own, lol.

I’m not saying any specific country is better because in reality we’re all not nearly as powerful as we think. I honestly feel america has become too reliant on their tech and their soldiers aren’t what they used to be. There’s more to war than just bombs. How are you on the ground? Definitely one of the best still, but without your bombs you’re in a real hard place.

Believe me I’m on your side when I say this. These are just historical facts. So don’t hate on me, hate reality.

I love you, Murica. Canada is more Americanized than you seem to think (except the French part above us).

This is the reality of war. Let’s understand these countries we’ve all made fun of are VERY capable. They’re stronger than you’d think. America has went through hell time and time again and in the end it’s almost always never worked out. War is complicated.

This is gonna upset some people for no reason, but oh well. Ignore facts again and share opinions. Time for war.

Last edited:
You are using outdated tactics...

Victory used to have to come militarily...we use economics also which is why we always win and come out on top. Hell, we made Japan submit and open their boarders without having to kill anyone. How many other nations can make such a claim.

When I want a deep analysis of America's military capability I look to posts from a junkie in the 209

You are using outdated tactics...

Victory used to have to come militarily...we use economics also which is why we always win and come out on top. Hell, we made Japan submit and open their boarders without having to kill anyone. How many other nations can make such a claim.

Are you talking WWII? If not, I’m unaware of what you’re saying. Links?

When I want a deep analysis of America's military capability I look to posts from a junkie in the 209

When I look for opinions I definitely want to hear from uneducated, ignorant trolls such as yourself. Especially with the name polishheadlock, too bad Hitler didnt get ya. Lets not make this about me, though. Grow up and contribute or shut your mouth, playa.

I think the American Military has done a pretty good job. I'm proud of our Armed Forces.

Are you talking WWII? If not, I’m unaware of what you’re saying. Links?

Whats from WWII? Did you mistake my comment about Japan for that? Are you really THAT unread?!? No wonder you made the post you made ROFLMAO!

Everyone knows Canada has better special forces, this is old news.

USA just has more grunts and money.

Blame the politicians, not the military.

I think the American Military has done a pretty good job. I'm proud of our Armed Forces.

They’re definitely a powerful force to be reckoned with. I’m not saying your military is bad, just that they’re not unbeatable or untouchable.

Whats from WWII? Did you mistake my comment about Japan for that? Are you really THAT unread?!? No wonder you made the post you made ROFLMAO!

Are you going to answer my question or just bait an argument? I want a simple discussion with facts. Is that so hard or do you need to prove your online toughness again? Come on. Contribute.

Ah, an American military bashing thread, this should be good.
Let me start by asking one simple question, how do you win war?
To clarify, your OP is asserting America has not "won" a war since WW2 so what are the criteria for winning a war in this debate?

They’re definitely a powerful force to be reckoned with. I’m not saying your military is bad, just that they’re not unbeatable or untouchable.

Are you going to answer my question or just bait an argument? I want a simple discussion with facts. Is that so hard or do you need to prove your online toughness again? Come on. Contribute.
I know, we are not unbeatable.

Ah, an American military bashing thread, this should be good.
Let me start by asking one simple question, how do you win war?
To clarify, your OP is asserting America has not "won" a war since WW2 so what are the criteria for winning a war in this debate?

Criteria for winning = not going to a draw or losing.

Look at the facts. Search it up. The information is there, coming from your own people. I’m not hating. I’m discussing. You’re he one getting upset. Just because someone points out something about your military not winning something doesn’t mean they’re hating.

When a person gives MULTIPLE examples, you need to actually direct your question to WHICH PART YOU DID NOT UNDERSTAND if you want CLARIFICATION.

Caps, bold and underlined so you can focus on the points...derp...contribute...derp.

Well, who has the better record than? The Islamists?, the Japanese, or the Brits?

There is relative parity between most conventional ground forces in the world that's not really a new thing.

The United States still has an overwhelming air and naval advantage in both technology and quantity which can't be matched. Our missile technology, both defense and offense, is also first rate. The same can be said for our drone fleet.

Well, who has the better record than? The Islamists?, the Japanese, or the Brits?

Well, the Brits kinda invaded like the whole planet and colonized through bloodshed, so.. the Brits won a lot of shit. Thank them for being American. You wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for them and neither would I. A lot weren’t really wars because they were so much more powerful at the time.

When a person gives MULTIPLE examples, you need to actually direct your question to WHICH PART YOU DID NOT UNDERSTAND if you want CLARIFICATION.

Caps, bold and underlined so you can focus on the points...derp...contribute...derp.

Dude, I asked for links. I’m not denying anything you said, I just want to read about it myself. Gimme facts.

Well, the Brits kinda invaded like the whole planet and colonized through bloodshed, so.. the Brits won a lot of shit. Thank them for being American. You wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for them and neither would I.

but those colony victories are against cans.

Back