America and immigration.

This is a grammatical issue.

Last post bud. Its not though. Look at the analogy you choose, which was in terms of "regulating insulin", a completely different usage and meaning than how "regulate" was used in a martial context in the 18th century. The term regulate is the source of your hiccup, is a term for being regularly trained, and not a requisite of the second clause for the people "the irregulars" to have the right to not have their arms infringed.

It's the most clear and concise amendment there is.

Last post bud. Its not though. Look at the analogy you choose, which was in terms of "regulating insulin", a completely different usage and meaning than how "regulate" was used in a martial context in the 18th century. The term regulate is the source of your hiccup, is a term for being regularly trained, and not a requisite of the second clause for the people "the irregulars" to have the right to not have their arms infringed.

It's the most clear and concise amendment there is.

Agree to disagree.

Have a good afternoon.

Are we circling back to the context issue? You know, the one where you ignore that the 2ndA was written during a time when muskets could fire a couple rounds a minute, and the entire population of the nation was about 2.5 million?

What's changed since then? Has the nature of being a human changed? Are people in power incorruptible now?

Where legal immigration is concerned, America should "draft for need." Take the individuals with skill sets needed to fill out the labor force. Allowing people to cross the border illegaly is dangerous (for Americans and the illegal immigrants), but it's worth it to left-wing Americans because illegal immigrants (and their children) predominantly vote Democrat and because the flow across the boarder is a significant source of illegal drugs for Americans who use them. Those are the real reasons why Democrats want to open the borders (not because they are sensitive to the needs of illegal immigrants).

The only smart thing to do is secure the border and create a work visa program where people are properly vetted.

<{monica}>

Perfectly put, some call it legal immigration but MSM and current discussions mix illegal & legal immigration subjects.

Merit based, legal immigration isn't too novel of an idea; it's insane how big of a deal it is in the political spectrum

I've been to about 20 countries between military trips and personal/vacation trips.

All the countries I've visited have immigration check point/border security upon entering their country with the exception of Afghanistan because they are being invaded.

I know they do. I don't think there shouldn't be no borders. I'm just saying that other countries offer different perspectives on how other cultures interact with others.

Alot of wealthy Americans actually retire and move to other countries.

What's changed since then? Has the nature of being a human changed? Are people in power incorruptible now?

Population density has changed. Weaponry has changed. Ammunition has changed. Consumerism. A middle class. Industrialization. A standing army. Lots of things.

Human nature? I don't know. I could entertain arguments saying it has changed slightly - people are much more liberal than they used to be, but I will confess I don't know if that is simply conditioning, and not representative of 'human nature'.

I know they do. I don't think there shouldn't be no borders. I'm just saying that other countries offer different perspectives on how other cultures interact with others.

Alot of wealthy Americans actually retire and move to other countries.
I guarantee you that the average american has more cultural interaction (more than other people in other parts of the world) without traveling abroad. Why? it's because we don't have a homogeneous population...unless you live in Bumblefuck, North Dakota.

When I traveled with one of my army friends (he's black and grew up in Inglewood) to Asia. He got a lot of wow look from the locals because a lot of the locals never seen a black guy in person before.

Population density has changed. Weaponry has changed. Ammunition has changed. Consumerism. A middle class. Industrialization. A standing army. Lots of things.

Human nature? I don't know. I could entertain arguments saying it has changed slightly - people are much more liberal than they used to be, but I will confess I don't know if that is simply conditioning, and not representative of 'human nature'.

People being corrupted by power has not.... That's what the 2A is an insurance policy against. We have three ways to stay (relatively) free people. The ballot box, the soap box, and if everything else fails... the ammo box.

Widely spread access to weaponry invites tragedy. Certainly. The alternative, however, is inviting democide (the single greatest cause of death of humanity last century). Once a citizenry has that access taken or increasingly restricted it will never get them back. Life isn't about solutions, as much as its about trade-offs.

How convenient now huh ? Lol

I’m sorry but the past is the past and you can’t allow emotions over what happened over a hundred years ago cause us to make stupid decisions today and compromise the security of our nation. You’ll realize this when you grow up and leave college.

People being corrupted by power has not.... That's what the 2A is an insurance policy against. We have three ways to stay (relatively) free people. The ballot box, the soap box, and if everything else fails... the ammo box.

Widely spread access to weaponry invites tragedy. Certainly. The alternative, however, is inviting democide (the single greatest cause of death of humanity last century). Once a citizenry has that access taken or increasingly restricted it will never get them back. Life isn't about solutions, as much as its about trade-offs.

I can agree with this. Good post.

You talk about "times have changed" but they haven't really.

You realize that back then there were people like you that were spouting the same anti immigration nonsense against the Chinese, the Irish, the Italians, etc.

Every immigrant that ever stepped foot on American soil has been greeted by someone like you.

I’m sorry but the past is the past and you can’t allow emotions over what happened over a hundred years ago cause us to make stupid decisions today and compromise the security of our nation. You’ll realize this when you grow up and leave college.

The wrong always tell others to get over it lol. Minorities will never get over it when some Caucasians show this kind of attitude.

In 20yrs Caucasian will be the minority and then they will understand how it feels to be a minority.

You already have Caucasians complaining how they are mistreated now lol. Natives and blacks laugh at their whining compare to their mistreatment in America. Straight up SOFT lol.

It doesn't look like you're appreciating that there are differences of immigration. Not all cultures, people, and populations are the same.

It doesn't look like you read the post i was responding to.

Conjecture about cultural difference is irrelevant when people are saying that immigration wasn't key to building the United States.

It doesn't look like you read the post i was responding to.

Conjecture about cultural difference is irrelevant when people are saying that immigration wasn't key to building the United States.

It conjecture to conclude that different cultures have different values? Do tell.

Immigration was indeed the key.... Northern European immigration specifically.

It conjecture to conclude that different cultures have different values? Do tell.

I didn't say that.

I said that you were inventing a reason to opine about the topic when it wasn't in contention.

Immigration was indeed the key.... Northern European immigration specifically.

lol, do you even known what the region "Northern Europe" is?

Even to grant you the benefit of the doubt that you meant to say "Western European," you're still wrong. The Germans and Italians, Central and Southern European peoples respectively, were the most important immigrants in building the US economy. And East Asian and Africans were also completely necessary to get where we are.

The wrong always tell others to get over it lol. Minorities will never get over it when some Caucasians show this kind of attitude.

In 20yrs Caucasian will be the minority and then they will understand how it feels to be a minority.

You already have Caucasians complaining how they are mistreated now lol. Natives and blacks laugh at their whining compare to their mistreatment in America. Straight up SOFT lol.
Which always works out well cause Caucasians always respond so sensibly when their backs are against the wall, or they feel threatened.

Which always works out well cause Caucasians always respond so sensibly when their backs are against the wall, or they feel threatened.

We will see , they are pretty soft overall now.

Even to grant you the benefit of the doubt that you meant to say "Western European," you're still wrong. The Germans and Italians, Central and Southern European peoples respectively, were the most important immigrants in building the US economy. And East Asian and Africans were also completely necessary to get where we are.

I consider anything Bavaria and north of it Northern. In any event, the demographic was European. Asian's were effectively non-existant throughout the 19th century. And Africans, imported as slaves, were nothing but an inhibition to getting the Industrial Revolution started in the US. Afterall, where's the incentive to produce labor saving tech when you have slaves?

This country was built by European peoples and with a governance designed to preside over Europeans.

Back