America is not the worst when it comes to mass shootings?

scratch norway, say it's an outlier, what about other countries?

there are terrorism stats that include/exclude 911. That's an easy way to inflate/deflate numbers. Not really fake news, statistics....
Belgium. We had one mass shooting in 2011. Never again. Zero school shootings.

If you comb through the links, this is mass public shootings. Most are terror related. I think we're up there as far as domestic, random crazy people, mass shootings goes.

scratch norway, say it's an outlier, what about other countries?

there are terrorism stats that include/exclude 911. That's an easy way to inflate/deflate numbers. Not really fake news, statistics....

Well in all fairness this kind of manipulation of statistics is why the MSM rightfully gets called fake news. They cherry pick numbers, and represent them dishonestly on a daily basis.

Then when these same people call the daily beast and brietbart fake news, and get laughed at, they seem confused as to why people are laughing. It isn't because most people think brietbart and the daily beast are trustworthy, they just think it is funny when the NYT's tries to pretend it has standing to call the kettle black.

Interesting date selection. I looked at the stats for post 2000, including not just shootings but all "rampage killers", and the US had way, way mass shooting fatalities per capita than France had in terms of terrorism and all other forms (including the ramming attacks and bomb attacks).
I'd be interested in seeing what events/definitions they used.
Using the "four or more people shot" definition of a mass shooting, you guys have mass shootings on average 9 out of 10 days.

Well we do have 322 million people. France has 67 million.
Ofcourse easy access to guns is also a big factor.

Well we do have 322 million people. France has 67 million.
Ofcourse easy access to guns is also a big factor.

Yeah, but I was looking per capita. You've had more fatalities in mass shootings (more than four people shot) per capita in the last three years than they've had from all their "rampage killers" (including the terrorist attacks, and those which used trucks, bombs etc) since the start of 2000.

This says the United States of America is not even in the top ten when it comes to first world mass shootings.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/2740...a-worst-western-country-mass-hank-berrien?amp
Lott is a schmuck and never publishes his coefficients, just for the record. He is the exact person everyone talks about when they say you can make statistics say anything. Fact of the matter his methodology is off. You cant do a straight average per mil, because it over inflates death in countries that have very low numbers. So check this, Country A has 5 people total. Country B has 50 people total. In year X 1 person dies in County A, and 1 person dies in Country B. Death rate per person in country A 0.2. Death rate per person in country B 0.02. Conclusion, less people die in country B than A. Tada. SCREEEEEECHING HALT NOISE!!!

No, not less people die at all; same number of people died. You can not do a mean analysis for this.

The best quick and dirty way to do the analysis, if you are being sloppy like Lott, fuck him fYI, is to take ALL DEATHS, in ALL COUNTRIES, across ALL YEARS and divide the deaths of any X country by the total numbers of deaths across all countries. N=542 n(US)=199, the US within sample death rate is 36.7% while Norways is 13.4%. Much clearer analysis. The real way to do this is to first do the analysis I demonstrated above, but by year, then take the average mean across years. Thats the best way to analyze this type of data for this type of analysis.

As always data can be "adjusted" to make any point you want.

Just like the anti 2nd crowd saying there have been 18 school shootings this year.

As always data can be "adjusted" to make any point you want.

Just like the anti 2nd crowd saying there have been 18 school shootings this year.
Straight up WTF do you know about data or nuanced analysis? Not being a dick but I've had it up to my fucking eyeballs with arm chair statisticians in FY18. At best your some low level analyst who understands fuck all about the underlying processes you use to analyze data, the methodology and dick about the actual interfacing programs you use or its logic. At worst you're some asshole who regurgitates sloppy info because you have no idea how to run an analysis yourself. The fuck does the 2nd amendment have to do with AR-15s? Sick of that bullshit argument. The 2nd in no way shape or conceivable form was meant to protect military firearms rights for civilians. Not by a country fucking mile. Also when did Everyones aim get so fucking bad they needed a fucking AR. Learn to fucking shoot better or clean your guns you sloppy Helen Keller hunting ass motherfuckers. Too many wannabe country boys with studded jeans displaying their weak shit man hood through a useless rifle that serves no logical purpose.

I'll outshoot most of you fucks with my old ass remi in any field all across the planet! Hunting joke you know how you can tell someone is going to ask you for hunting advice early in the AM? Listen for the Luke Bryant, and pay attention to the smell of KY and monster. Black Coffee, early foot work, no music, shut the fuck up, stop breathing on me, and watch the tree line. Bang fuckers it's dinner time! Fucking hate these assholes!
END RANT

This one is interesting, don´t know if they are legit though

Screen-Shot-2016-04-05-at-Tuesday-April-5-1.06-AM.png
I like how Norway placed in 5th place with ONE (1) shooting. Lots of victims, but only one single occurrence.
And how Finland bagged 7th place with 2 shootings with a total of 8 dead and as many injured (2009 and 2012) is a mystery.

Ever hear the old saying that there are 3 grades of lies? "Lies, damn lies and statistics"?

I guess you found the one article that lets you stick your head back in the sand. That article is shitty in so many ways it´s not even funny.

Why did the conservative "take that lefties" posts get moved? Makes them look too stupid to celebrate information this misleading? Let them own it IMO

Yeah I found that funny as well. There was great potential for shaming there. "Walks in all smug only to leave when the adults actually explain shit"..

Straight up WTF do you know about data or nuanced analysis? Not being a dick but I've had it up to my fucking eyeballs with arm chair statisticians in FY18. At best your some low level analyst who understands fuck all about the underlying processes you use to analyze data, the methodology and dick about the actual interfacing programs you use or its logic. At worst you're some asshole who regurgitates sloppy info because you have no idea how to run an analysis yourself. The fuck does the 2nd amendment have to do with AR-15s? Sick of that bullshit argument. The 2nd in no way shape or conceivable form was meant to protect military firearms rights for civilians. Not by a country fucking mile. Also when did Everyones aim get so fucking bad they needed a fucking AR. Learn to fucking shoot better or clean your guns you sloppy Helen Keller hunting ass motherfuckers. Too many wannabe country boys with studded jeans displaying their weak shit man hood through a useless rifle that serves no logical purpose.

I'll outshoot most of you fucks with my old ass remi in any field all across the planet! Hunting joke you know how you can tell someone is going to ask you for hunting advice early in the AM? Listen for the Luke Bryant, and pay attention to the smell of KY and monster. Black Coffee, early foot work, no music, shut the fuck up, stop breathing on me, and watch the tree line. Bang fuckers it's dinner time! Fucking hate these assholes!
END RANT
"When statisticians explode"

Yeah I found that funny as well. There was great potential for shaming there. "Walks in all smug only to leave when the adults actually explain shit"..

That is the story of pretty much every thread here lol

I just want to see a list of mass school shootings in America that goes back to around 1950.
We are hearing that there have been well over 100 school shootings this year. However these are not mass shootings, these lists include firearms that accidently discharged not injuring anyone, and accidentally discharged weapons that injured someone[not killed.]

Someone said on the tv that 50, 60 years ago there were a lot more guns in society compared to now. Also it is much harder these days to buy a gun compared to back then.
And that there weren't mass school shooting way back then. Is all that true?

They were arguing it's not the gun that is the problem.
Something changed in American society between say 60 years ago and 2018. But what is that something?

To be fair America is borderline 2nd world when you look at it.

END RANT

Not sure what brought on this rant but.

I've dealt with data most of my life in the nuclear word on a different level then most of these shit surveys.

If you know anything about it then you know full well how the results can be manipulated . You know shit in shit out. So over the years I have learned not to take any of this seriously unless I know a hell of a lot more about how and what went in. My example in the post was the claim there had been 18 school shooting this year which is a "lie" because of the way this anti 2nd organisation classified a school shooting.

https://reason.com/blog/2018/02/16/there-havent-been-18-school-shootings

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...1d91fcec3fe_story.html?utm_term=.5710d7602b6f

https://www.investors.com/politics/...18-school-shootings-this-year-not-even-close/

Also my distrust of this type of thing includes one that support things I support. Like the number of times guns are used in the US for self-defense a year. The NRA says 2.5 million and the Clinton study said about 1.5 million but both numbers are not fact just best guess using the data as they collected it by the means they used.

Yes the 2nd was intended to allow civilian the use of miltary weapons so they could be called to arms if needed. Over the years we have restricted that or infringed on that right and it has been excepted due to changes in arms and the courts.

I have to go to work but I will address your other points as they pertain to me as son as I have time.

I just want to see a list of mass school shootings in America that goes back to around 1950.
We are hearing that there have been well over 100 school shootings this year. However these are not mass shootings, these lists include firearms that accidently discharged not injuring anyone, and accidentally discharged weapons that injured someone[not killed.]

Someone said on the tv that 50, 60 years ago there were a lot more guns in society compared to now. Also it is much harder these days to buy a gun compared to back then.
And that there weren't mass school shooting way back then. Is all that true?

They were arguing it's not the gun that is the problem.
Something changed in American society between say 60 years ago and 2018. But what is that something?
Many Mental institutions where closed and psychotropic drugs became the fix all.

There are far more deaths when school kids walk or bike to school than there are school shooting deaths per year.

A life lost is sad no matter how you cut it but the lefties are sensationalising the news to fit their agenda.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back