american bbq is the only bbq

California patented suicide by BBQ.

They hate the cold, and they're pretty stupid.

Completed-rig-Santa-Maria.jpeg

d2da96906fa145e895f4c9d585c8be28.jpg

But we gave the world Santa Maria style BBQ and popularized tri tip. I love cooking on SM style rigs.

Completed-rig-Santa-Maria.jpeg

d2da96906fa145e895f4c9d585c8be28.jpg

But we gave the world Santa Maria style BBQ and popularized tri tip. I love cooking on SM style rigs.

Those are, um, large.

Can't imagine owning one in Montreal.

Those are, um, large.

Can't imagine owning one in Montreal.
gYKUaxunLeBf84_p_Rb9pgxHRAfVw9oidcIddkNddzbZ=w830-h622-no

I burn almond, olive or whatever wood I have from my yard. You can get more of a smoked effect if you have the grate nice and high, or you can grill hot with it low.

Armenian, Korean and Japanese BBQ is better imo.

300238_5_.jpg

How we do in Canada!

I respect that.

Same goes in the midwest. It's always grilling season. 0 degrees with a light wind? Put some brats on!!!

I'm as xenophobic as the next guy, but Korean BBQ is pretty damn good.

You have any recommendations for the lone star state? Last time I was their only got to try one place Kerlin BBQ.

argentines arent aware that meats can be smoked

I was in Buenos Aires for a wedding a couple years ago and their BBQ is pretty fuckin good. I love American BBQ, by the way.

Americans have made BBQ an Art form. I always give credit where it’s due, based on my experience. I worked for Marriott World resorts for years and have been everywhere. By far the best true BBQ is American. From Texas style, Cajun, smokers, to NYC gourmet......

But here is other good stuff:

Venezuela and Argentina have amazing beef. Their mixed grills are amazing...not typical BBQ per say but amazing.

Brazilian BBQ is another lesson in grilled meats that can be amazing.

I love what the Japanese do, even though it’s different flavor profiles, i love it.

The only thing I really don’t care for is Korean. We have amazing places in NYC that get rave reviews...I just don’t care for it. I would rather have Hibatchi tbh. I don’t consider stew bowls bbq. As for their meat I like Japanese style better, and don’t bring me no fish head.

Back