American Outlaws. Millennial 1%er street racers

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fast and furious: police scramble to crack down on California's deadly street races

Street racing, spurred on by movies, takes on a second life in the Inland Empire, where opportunities for youngsters are scarce

Andrew Gumbel in Los Angeles

Fri 14 Sep 2018 05.00 EDTLast modified on Fri 14 Sep 2018 05.02 EDT

Shares

It was just another summer Friday night in California’s Inland Empire, the dusty eastern suburbs of Los Angeles where scores of mainly young men get their kicks from staging street races on lonely stretches of road.

Sometimes, these illegal car races are semi-organized events, with heavy betting and dozens of extra vehicles to block off the designated route and form an early-alert system if the cops show up.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/sep/14/california-street-racing-los-angeles-movies

So about a year ago, I almost took a swing at my best friends younger brother. He wasn't drunk, but he had about 6 drinks in 2 hours, and we piled into a car to head to another friends house. He decided to show me that like Rickey Bobby, he liked to go fast. When he hit about 120mph, in a 45, I got a bit upset with him. He proceeded to tell me that I should see what he does in Seattle, or in Tokyo where he currently lives, and shows me a few videos of felony elludes from the piggies.

Apparently the milennials today watched Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift, combined with Sons of Anarchy a bit too much, and have basically formed outlaw car racing gangs all across Seattle to the point the cops shut down half the city on Friday and Saturday nights now.

You guys seeing this in your cities as well?

Is this a west coast thing?

Discuss......

Last edited:
Also i never understood these gangs, if they are poor, how do they afford racing cars and chopper bikes?

Last edited:
This shit doesn't fly in Vancouver. If cops see you, you're not getting away as they'll radio a police chopper and you're done. Also guaranteed vehicle impounding, huge fine and probably licence suspension.

This is nothing new, illegal street racing has been a big thing among kids since Rebel Wihtout a Cause was released. Also has nothing specifically to do with hispanics in poor california. you can go to the midwest and find groups of rednecks racing diesels and mustangs. I mean there is even a TV show on discovery about street racing white rednecks

Millenial*

Also i never understood these gangs, if they are poor, how do they afford racing cars and chopper bikes?

This gave me an idea. I'm going to start wrongly correcting words that are spelled correctly in thread titles, and see if I can get someone to change the spelling to the wrong spelling.

I was pretty sure it was right, googled, and was surprised to see we were both wrong.

American Asshats, imo

Legal driving age should be 30.

And you should get your license yanked at 70.

This is nothing new, illegal street racing has been a big thing among kids since Rebel Wihtout a Cause was released. Also has nothing specifically to do with hispanics in poor california. you can go to the midwest and find groups of rednecks racing diesels and mustangs. I mean there is even a TV show on discovery about street racing white rednecks

Yeah, always a thing, but my friends little brother showed me a video where about 100 cars had met up for a big race. I don't remember anything like that.

This gave me an idea. I'm going to start wrongly correcting words that are spelled correctly in thread titles, and see if I can get someone to change the spelling to the wrong spelling.

I was pretty sure it was right, googled, and was surprised to see we were both wrong.

English spelling is hard.

This shit doesn't fly in Vancouver. If cops see you, you're not getting away as they'll radio a police chopper and you're done. Also guaranteed vehicle impounding, huge fine and probably licence suspension.

1 helicopter, 30 cars.

English spelling is hard.

I don't think I would do better in other languages. I would feel bad about my spelling, but as far as I can tell the average adult American spells at a 2nd grade level. I'm at least fucking around with 5th grader level.

a chopper isn't catching 50 cars lol
Yeah, always a thing, but my friends little brother showed me a video where about 100 cars had met up for a big race. I don't remember anything like that.
maybe not in the 1950s, but 100 car meet ups happen all over the country

Baltimore:
https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/05/08/illegal-street-race/

Denver:
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...lice-break-up-massive-street-racing-gathering

Mephis:
http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/33185320/31-arrested-in-street-racing-bust/

Kentucky

etc.

This is why they charge men more for insurance.

These jerks are ruining it for the rest of us.

<codychoke>

Not sure man. His group of friends weren't from Seattle. They are from a place called Yelm, where they still have an old school main Street,1 high school, and farm land and shit. He said they had about 20 cars in their Yelm car gang(lol).

Not sure man. His group of friends weren't from Seattle. They are from a place called Yelm, where they still have an old school main Street,1 high school, and farm land and shit. He said they had about 20 cars in their Yelm car gang(lol).

not sure what? this literally happens all over the country. The TV show street outlaws has probably increased the popularity more than fast and furious movies. The original and tokyo drift are old movies

not sure what? this literally happens all over the country. The TV show street outlaws has probably increased the popularity more than fast and furious movies. The original and tokyo drift are old movies

Not sure that it is the same. One thing for city kids to do this. Another for farm kids to imulate the culture.

You probably have a point on the show street outlaws, but I wasnt being serious about Fast and Furious, SOA comment.

I'm also curious to know how they afford street NASCAR's when they are supposdly so poor with so little opportunities.

I always do the 30 day impound when I catch street racers.

It's a fairly large problem for many cities.

I'm also curious to know how they afford street NASCAR's when they are supposdly so poor with so little opportunities.

I can't speak too well for Seattle, but in Tacoma and Lakewood, it is all old late 70's early 80's American box sedans like a Cutlass, with a 454 from a junk yard. Most do the work themselves.

From what I saw of my friends little brother, they were rocking 20k Subaru's. Seemed like most were upper middle class kids. The little brother is a motor head, and fixed up a 94 Acura, and a 82 Monte Carlo he rebuilt before he moved to Tokyo.

You're in DC right? do you remember the races on V street? They used to flood the street with water to stop the races. The races on V street go back to the early 90s at least. Maybe before that.

I don't think I would do better in other languages. I would feel bad about my spelling, but as far as I can tell the average adult American spells at a 2nd grade level. I'm at least fucking around with 5th grader level.

English doesnt seems to follow any coherent set of rules, so it all boils down to consensus and memorization.

Spanish is superb easy to spell on the other hand.

Back