Amir Khan gets attacked online by some religious Muslims for putting up a Christmass tree

Christmas trees are tied to Norse mythology?

They are a relic of the Pagan Winter Solstice celebration that the Catholic Church appropriated in order to convert more Germanic people to Christianity. Trees and groves were sacred to ancient Germanic peoples.

Non sequitur.

Walk me through the logic that leads you to believe 90% of those comments were from muslims, and I'll show you why you're telling me it's likely 90% of the people who say they bench 250 here actually can.

As far as I can tell you're taking the previous actions of a few identifiable people, and using it to assume the identity and actions of a group of anonymous people. I know a few muslims who would go psycho over a christmas tree. I know a few sherdoggers who can bench 250. Why should I apply different assumptions to those two situations when weighing the validity of online comments?

Walk me through the logic that leads you to believe 90% of those comments were from muslims, and I'll show you why you're telling me it's likely 90% of the people who say they bench 250 here actually can.

As far as I can tell you're taking the previous actions of a few identifiable people, and using it to assume the identity and actions of a group of anonymous people. I know a few muslims who would go psycho over a christmas tree. I know a few sherdoggers who can bench 250. Why should I apply different assumptions to those two situations when weighing the validity of online comments?
I only know of Muslims having a problem with a Muslim partaking in Christmas on a cultural level. Show me instances of Zoroastrians or other folks threatening or killing Muslims over Christmas traditions and I'll modify my statement. Until then, I'll believe the intolerant faith to be at the root of this story as previously demonstrated.

So it was co-opted from Judaism.

its not co-opting because it sees itself as a continuation of the same exact message. To co-opt it would be to take that build on it and then reject/deny its origin which is what Christians did for a long time with Christmas and what secular people did with it after that. Muslims see Islam as a continuation of the message given to Abraham, Moses, Jesus and then Muhammad.

I only know of Muslims having a problem with a Muslim partaking in Christmas on a cultural level. Show me instances of Zoroastrians or other folks threatening or killing Muslims over Christmas traditions and I'll modify my statement. Until then, I'll believe the intolerant faith to be at the root of this story as previously demonstrated.

....well we just completely went in a circle. I'm gonna break it down best I can, sorry if it's lengthy.

Do you think I'm defending muslims or islam in some way? Because I'm not. I'm not saying it's unlikely some muslims are mad about someone having a christmas tree. Some of them can be pretty fucking crazy and their religion is stupid.

I'm saying when looking at online comments that are extreme and vulgar there's always a 50% chance it's from people just trying to get a reaction. You can find them everywhere. Taking some of those comments and framing it as widespread outrage among large groups and using that as the headline is just dumb and it's becoming way too common.

Is the take away from this that all or most muslims want to kill him and his family because he had a christmas tree? How many people made that comment? Do we know who they actually are? That's what I have a problem with, if that's not it then the answer is "well some do". Ok, some white people want to fuck dogs. I'm not gonna make a thread titled "Dogs being eyed from behind by white people online", especially if I'm using comments from people who are probably just trying to get a reaction and actually don't fuck dogs.

If he gets 40,000 death threats from muslim public profiles on facebook, this thread would make sense. But that's not the case, and it's never the case with these threads. It's the misleading tactics of disliked news organizations only applied by the people I thought were sick of that shit. I know I am.

They are a relic of the Pagan Winter Solstice celebration that the Catholic Church appropriated in order to convert more Germanic people to Christianity. Trees and groves were sacred to ancient Germanic peoples.

This is why Christianity is successful. Same thing I said about the English language. It adapts. It is willing to bend to get more followers. It incorporates other beliefs. Or did anyway.

dont worry, it is Britain, the police will find those who threatened death to this Muslim!
oh wait, apparently it is a crime only when a whitey does it.

At first I read that he was actually attacked. This is really pathetic, but is it still newsworthy when people get harassed by trolls? Every feminist, christian, muslim, Jew, psychologist, college professor, and athlete in America has received death threats by now.

Or was this trolling maybe from a specific group? Do they seem likely to seriously hurt him?

Are extreme fundamental Muslims likely to be serious about hurting people that they threaten?

Umm...

Yea, I'll take "Yes, this is a stupid question Alex" for 200!!

Are extreme fundamental Muslims likely to be serious about hurting people that they threaten?

Umm...

Yea, I'll take "Yes, this is a stupid question Alex" for 200!!

So everyone who talks shit on Twitter is a legit, trained extremist? Not just an angry person or a teenage troll? Must be a scary world you live in.

....well we just completely went in a circle. I'm gonna break it down best I can, sorry if it's lengthy.

Do you think I'm defending muslims or islam in some way? Because I'm not. I'm not saying it's unlikely some muslims are mad about someone having a christmas tree. Some of them can be pretty fucking crazy and their religion is stupid.

I'm saying when looking at online comments that are extreme and vulgar there's always a 50% chance it's from people just trying to get a reaction. You can find them everywhere. Taking some of those comments and framing it as widespread outrage among large groups and using that as the headline is just dumb and it's becoming way too common.

Is the take away from this that all or most muslims want to kill him and his family because he had a christmas tree? How many people made that comment? Do we know who they actually are? That's what I have a problem with, if that's not it then the answer is "well some do". Ok, some white people want to fuck dogs. I'm not gonna make a thread titled "Dogs being eyed from behind by white people online", especially if I'm using comments from people who are probably just trying to get a reaction and actually don't fuck dogs.

If he gets 40,000 death threats from muslim public profiles on facebook, this thread would make sense. But that's not the case, and it's never the case with these threads. It's the misleading tactics of disliked news organizations only applied by the people I thought were sick of that shit. I know I am.
We're not far apart on this, and I don't think you're playing Islam apologist.

You're saying there are other possibilities, and while I agree, taking into account the religion of intolerances track record I believe the odds to be higher than 50/50.

So everyone who talks shit on Twitter is a legit, trained extremist? Not just an angry person or a teenage troll? Must be a scary world you live in.

Nah.

But if theres one group I won't look past it's a bunch of pissed of Muslims saying they want to kill someone. I've known enough "moderate" Muslims to know they don't fuck around when religion is the topic.

Can you honestly say you'd be surprised if one of the people who threatened him in that way tried to harm him?

It's not that I expect it, but I wouldn't surprised at all.

Nah.

But if theres one group I won't look past it's a bunch of pissed of Muslims saying they want to kill someone. I've known enough "moderate" Muslims to know they don't fuck around when religion is the topic.

Can you honestly say you'd be surprised if one of the people who threatened him in that way tried to harm him?

It's not that I expect it, but I wouldn't surprised at all.

You clearly don't know enough Muslims. Arab Muslims, at least. Talking shit is part of their culture. They perfected the pre-internet death threat. It may seem like they don't fuck around, but if they acted on even 1% of the shit they talked, Earth would be uninhabitable.

If Khan got threatened by a specific terror org or islamist group, I'd be worried. But if it was just random Muslim dudes on Twitter, he's fine.

Back