Amir Khan: I Want Adrien Broner

no thanks
cannot find a reason to root for either
the only outcome that would satisfy me is for both of them to simultaneously brutally knock each other out

I think Khan is a bad fight for Broner. Broner can't beat anyone with any workrate, he was getting schooled against Vargas until Vargas' output dropped. He barely scraped by Paulie.

Khan actually has some pop and Broner doesn't at 147. Easy work for Khan IMO and he knows it. Thats why he avoided calling out anyone with a pulse.
Broner lands and he can knock Khan out. For sure.

Looks like everyone agrees now, Khan is a good fighter.
Funny what KO'ing someone will do for a guy.

Khan vs Broner is a good fight!
Khan is not a good fighter.

Broner lands and he can knock Khan out. For sure.
I think Khan is a good fighter. His hand speed is what makes any fight interesting but I agree Broner should put him away.

Think Khan should be a favourite here but it's definitely winnable for Broner, not a big puncher at 147 but he's obviously got enough to hurt Khan if he catches him. Khan's workrate makes him a good matchup with a guy like Broner. It's one of the safest big name fights out there for him.

Khan is not a good fighter.

Khan is a good fighter you can’t say he isn’t but he has a poor defence l, weak chin and seems like zero recovery which is terrible combination

When Broner throws, he's a top level guy and he realizes that but has mental lapses when he's in the ring.
But you have to remember.
Every fight Broners in, he finishes strong. Every fight he lost, he won the last rounds of the fight.
What's Khan issues? As the fight goes you keep waiting and waiting until Khan gets caught and goes to sleep.
First four rounds will be close, mid rounds Broner will take control and put Khan away around the 10th

I think Khan is a good fighter. His hand speed is what makes any fight interesting but I agree Broner should put him away.
Khan is a good fighter you can’t say he isn’t but he has a poor defence l, weak chin and seems like zero recovery which is terrible combination
I can say he isnt, because he isnt.

I suppose there are varying definitions of good, but Khan doesnt match mine.

He has nice output. Thats it.

Of course we can say he isn't a good fighter. He's stepped up in competition 4 times and lost every single time. A good fighter doesn't lose every single big fight. He's skilled offensively and has great speed but there is a reason he ducks so many fighters and never wants to avenge his losses.

I would say his best skill is picking his opponents so carefully that he's still enough of a draw to get big fights. In his own weight class who would you favor him against in the top 5? Crawford who hasn't even fought at 147 kills him. Spence murders him. Danny already murdered him at 140. Thurman starches his ass early. Porter gets in that ass too. I would even pick Matty over Khan. Fuck even Pacman who I think loses to Matty still beats Khan.

Like I said there is a reason he's been around forever but hasn't fought any of those top fighters besides Danny, who fucked him up.

What makes Khan a bad fighter is his fight IQ. He has all the tools. He's just a stupid fighter.

I'm down. Good fight for Broner, IMO. If he gets serious about boxing again (I can see the eyes rolling), he can spark out Khan, I think. That would put him back on the map and hopefully he can pay those he owes and bank some dough before he's done fighting.

What makes Khan a bad fighter is his fight IQ. He has all the tools. He's just a stupid fighter.
For the longest time I felt Khan was a coach away from reaching his potential, but from my limited view he seems like the type that values himself over a coach.

Fuck yeah let em throw down!

Both at the end of their careers! I'm not a fan of either! Burn em out at the same time

For the longest time I felt Khan was a coach away from reaching his potential, but from my limited view he seems like the type that values himself over a coach.

I think Emmanuel Steward could have helped him greatly if he was alive.

It actually makes a bit of sense for both guys. Regardless of what you think of Broner, Vargas is a decent fighter and even if you don't think Broner won the fight clearly, he did look the better man when he actually did decide to fight. That's better form than he has shown in awhile, but I'm not particularly confident in him maintaining it for very long, so getting a payday with Khan right now would probably make the most sense for him.

A win over Broner would get Khan back into the minds of boxing fans and get him back in the conversation of the top fighters at WW.

At this point it would get them a decent paycheck and put the winner back on the map. As @Seano said, the fight itself is kind of predictable as we can hardly picture Broner walking down Khan for 12 rounds and he hardly has the pop to get the KO. I'd say we might enjoy 3-4 decent rounds all the way to a Khan JD.

At this point it would get them a decent paycheck and put the winner back on the map. As @Seano said, the fight itself is kind of predictable as we can hardly picture Broner walking down Khan for 12 rounds and he hardly has the pop to get the KO. I'd say we might enjoy 3-4 decent rounds all the way to a Khan JD.

There is always a chance Khan has one his Diaz or Algieri-esque performances where he looks like garbage for whatever reason, but yeah, one would expect him to have his way with Broner from the outside while Broner doesn't do a whole lot. There were times when Broner did look to be fighting smarter than he has in the past against Vargas (where he actually came out aggressive and made use of his good qualities like his chin, punch selection, and hand speed), and Vargas isn't a bad fighter, but those moments were still nowhere near consistent. I think there is enough there for it to be half interesting from a competitive point of view, aside from the fact that it makes a ton of sense because of how it will position either man (most likely Khan) going forward.

Khan has shown he is good fighter in his career world champ and Olympic silver. He does leave him self exposed and seems unable to recover if he gets knocked down.

Spence took three rounds to beat Greco yet when khan knocks him out in <40sec he is a bum.

He only too the Canelo fight for a pay day as he wasn't getting the Pacman or Mayweather fight. He moved up two weight classes for that and lets be honest who knows what "meat" Canelo was eating at the time.

To be clear I don't like the guy but I think he has a decent career and is a good but definitely not great fighter so not sure why he gets so slated.

Fucking Khan, acting like he's Mayweather again because he stopped Lo Greco. I hope he doesn't get a big fight.

He’s a fucking clown. Hope Broner KO’s the idiot inside 1 round.

Khan has shown he is good fighter in his career world champ and Olympic silver. He does leave him self exposed and seems unable to recover if he gets knocked down.

Spence took three rounds to beat Greco yet when khan knocks him out in <40sec he is a bum.

He only too the Canelo fight for a pay day as he wasn't getting the Pacman or Mayweather fight. He moved up two weight classes for that and lets be honest who knows what "meat" Canelo was eating at the time.

To be clear I don't like the guy but I think he has a decent career and is a good but definitely not great fighter so not sure why he gets so slated.
Spence hasnt been knocked out multiple times and lost all his big fights either.

Khan talks a lot of shit and loses a lot. Very easy fighter to dislike.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back