Amir Khan vs. Keith Thurman.

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Can Khan win titles off Thurman? I think he could win a few rounds until Thurman knocks him out.

It's a winnable fight for Khan but i'd favour thurman. I know some nerd will try to correct me but Khan is just a better boxer than Thurman, but dat chin doooe. Make it in the uk to add to the drama and I'm sold

Same as always. Khan looks good for a while, then gets put down.

Why anyone still wants to see Khan vs top dogs, especially punchers, is truly beyond me.

I cant stand the guy but even then I dont want to see him knocked out anymore.

If Khan fights Thurman like he did Maidana then he definitely can win, Khan just has to use his legs and counter and attack with hard quick power punches. But if Khan attacks and then stays to long in counter punching range, then he will get caught like he did against Garcia and Canelo.

Classic Boxing: Khan vs. Maidana 2010 – Full Fight

Khan actually made Canelo take a step back and respect his power and Maidana to and everyone else, he can punch, but it's his chin and being able to absorb punches and not being able to recover without getting knocked out that every top fighter sees and at that level of skill, Khan has to fight a perfect fight .

Why anyone still wants to see Khan vs top dogs, especially punchers, is truly beyond me.

100% agree with this

To those who actually believe Khan would have a shot : when will you learn ?

To those who actually believe Khan would have a shot : when will you learn ?
I think the real question is why wouldn't Khan have a shot?

Last edited by a moderator:
Keith beats the hell out of Khan and stops him. People don't learn, Khan is a good offensive boxer with great hand speed, subpar defense and a suspect chin. Beating Phil Lo Greco does not change that. Anyone who thinks Khan beats one of the sharks at 147 is delusional.

You don't box Khan; you rough him up. Plus, he looks better early than later in the fight. Anyone that can fight him and take him into deep waters is at a stylistic advantage.

Khan beats him in an upset.
If Khan we're ever going to do it, it should be with Keith coming off a injury.
I've never been too sold on Thurman and I think Khan gets more hate than he should.
Give me Khan for a close decision.

I think the real question is why wouldn't Khan have a shot?

Khan will always have troubles against A-level fighters because of focus. @tehmvp mentioned his rhythm, and it goes hand in hand. Khan just falls asleep out there and goes into autopilot mode as the fight goes on. It's what did him in against Canelo, it's what almost did him in against Maidana, it's why Garcia was able to close his eyes and still knock Khan around.

Khan would be a perfect comeback fight for Thurman because he's a name but he was born without a chin. Nine times out of ten Thurman decapitates Khan exactly like Canelo did.

The ONLY snowballs chance in hell Khan has is if he lands some absolute perfect body shots like he did on Maidana or that nut crushing low blow he landed on Zab Judah. Thurman can't really take it to the body.

Khan is in fun fights 100% of the time, so I'm all for him being in the ring with any of the top guys. I still think he has a shot to beat any welterweight not named Spence if he has a good night. I would not expect him to, but the possibility makes for good TV.

Back