Amir Khans jab feint followed by the hook-straight right combo

OneChinTouch

White Belt
@White
Reaction score

Drops Salita with it seconds into the fight, he doesn't recover

0:28 agianst Canelo here

It's a very sneaky move, hard not to try and parry what you think is an incoming jab then suddenly find yourself smacked by a left hook and a right on the chin

It's a very sneaky move, hard not to try and parry what you think is an incoming jab then suddenly find yourself smacked by a left hook and a right on the chin

Does Amir have any upcomign fights? i always thought he was a good fighter.

@shincheckin not sure if your being scarastic (hard to tell on here)

About a month ago he knocked Lo Greco out in 39 seconds of round 1 which was his "comeback" fight. No announcement on who he fights next but he signed a 3 fight deal with Hearn at matchroom

Does Amir have any upcomign fights? i always thought he was a good fighter.

He's a bit of a glass cannon/poor defense I can't make up my mind which one it is..........he is a good boxer but we are going to have to wait until he gets tested properly since his come back.

@shincheckin not sure if your being scarastic (hard to tell on here)

About a month ago he knocked Lo Greco out in 39 seconds of round 1 which was his "comeback" fight. No announcement on who he fights next but he signed a 3 fight deal with Hearn at matchroom
Khan was an excellent boxer, is record is outstanding, but he seemed like he had issues too. He's fast, technical, good combinations, and strong, but he gets over confident and cant bring himself back when he gets hurt. I don't believe the glass chin thing, The prescott thing over confidence and he got caught cold. He was doing well against Garcia and Canello until he got bombed. No shame in losing to those guys. I think i remember the Peterson fight, and the problem was that he wasn't timing his jab early enough. Peterson would bundle forward, tie him up and frustrate him, then Khan ended up getting tired wrestling him. It was a shitty fight.

I actually thought he would have given Mayweather a really bad night. I think without having to worry about any big shots coming in, he would have been able to point fight him to a win.

Last edited:
Khan was an excellent boxer, is record is outstanding, but he seemed like he had issues too. He's fast, technical, good combinations, and strong, but he gets over confident and cant bring himself back when he gets hurt. I don't believe the glass chin thing, The prescott thing over confidence and he got caught cold. He was doing well against Garcia and Canello until he got bombed. No shame in losing to those guys. I think i remember the Peterson fight, and the problem was that he wasn't timing his jab early enough. Peterson would bundle forward, tie him up and frustrate him, then Khan ended up getting tired wrestling him. It was a shitty fight.

I actually thought he would have given Mayweather a really bad night. I think without having to worry about any big shots coming in, he would have been able to point fight him to a win.

yeah werent they supposed to fight? i think i vaguely remember that. I would like to see it and think he would have stood a good chance at doing exactly as you said. from all the stuff i have seen from him, he was a very fast technical boxer.

I hope his come back is a new improved version otherwise he's going to get that jaw cracked again.......

I hope his come back is a new improved version otherwise he's going to get that jaw cracked again.......
All the King's men and all the King's horses can't put Humpty Dum.....(sorry) Amir's chin back together again.
Ever.

I have have only spared a couple of times but I used this today it works well any other easy combos to try??

I have have only spared a couple of times but I used this today it works well any other easy combos to try??

Obviously a good jab is the best weapon to have in the arsenal but try feigning a jab to the body and bringing a straight right up top

from the same fight I showed earlier

Never underestimate a good bodyshot, round to the liver/short rib, or right up the solar plexus and it can paralyze the body or simply sap the energy big time

One good combo is to throw out a jab and straight right but these are throwaway punches to get great leverage for the body shot, or you could even just use a left hook like Michael Brodie does in the second video

tap tap to the head, if he overextends forward, bang one into the ribs

Or if he's up close, try a throwaway uppercut just t get the leverage for a left to the body, you see it from Alejandro Gonzalez at 22 seconds in this video

@OneChinTouch these are perfect for me to study I want to work on more body shots as they seem under utilised in the sparing at the club at the moment so something different

Back