Amy Schumer accused of joke theft, could be another Mencia incident.

Smigg

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I'm sure you all remember the whole Rogan vs. Mencia thing from a few years ago.

(Holy shit, this was almost 9 years ago now?!)

Well, it looks like Amy Schumer looks to be the next flavour of the month to be on the recieving end of the "Joke Thief" allegations, this time from comic Wendy Liebeman, Kathleen Madigan and Tammy Pescatelli, all of whom claim to have had jokes stolen from Schumer.

Other's also seem to be joining the fray too. She was also accused of stealing from Patrice O'Neal a few months ago.

This has come not long after Amy sicked her fans on a 17 year old who made a joke at her expense.

needs to steal better jokes then...cause damn is she not funny

And that shitty new host of The Daily Show stole a joke from a Dave Chappelle special from 2001. It was damn near a word-for-word ripoff.

Dane Cook/CK?

Funny you should mention Louis CK, he once told a story about Denis Leary stealing a bit from him, which became Leary's "Asshole" song. A few years later, CK bumped into Leary, and they got talking, CK talked about a new project he was working, and Leary got his chequebook out and wrote one out to him.

And that shitty new host of The Daily Show stole a joke from a Dave Chappelle special from 2001. It was damn near a word-for-word ripoff.
I wonder how much of the DS audience left because of that choice.
I certainly won't watch it now.

What a beta. He should've owned her again rather than backing down.

Your Stefoknee Wolschtt av made me laugh.

I can see why the kid backed down though, because Schumer's now pandering to the Feminist/Social Justice Warrior crowd, and those are the most horrendous, nasty people imaginable.

I wonder how much of the DS audience left because of that choice.
I certainly won't watch it now.

I have absolutely no idea how Trevor Noah got the job in the first place, it's not like he was a particularly good comic, or was setting the world on fire. It just makes me think "Progressive hire".

Funny you should mention Louis CK, he once told a story about Denis Leary stealing a bit from him, which became Leary's "Asshole" song. A few years later, CK bumped into Leary, and they got talking, CK talked about a new project he was working, and Leary got his chequebook out and wrote one out to him.
Strange.
I just read the lyrics and the song has nothing discernable to do with CK or joke stealing.

Because CK used to do this bit where he decided "I'm just gonna be an asshole now", so he'd be going to the supermarket, he'd think "Should I park in that handicap space... Yeah, I'm an asshole".

He did that bit on a show that Leary was the MC for, and Leary gets on stage when CK's time is done, and just carried the bit on "Yeah, that was great, hey, should I do this... yeah, I'm an asshole". Then one thing lead to another, and Denis Leary records a song that becomes a hit.

In fact, I've found something on it

I'm sure you all remember the whole Rogan vs. Mencia thing from a few years ago.

(Holy shit, this was almost 9 years ago now?!)

Well, it looks like Amy Schumer looks to be the next flavour of the month to be on the recieving end of the "Joke Thief" allegations, this time from comic Wendy Liebeman, Kathleen Madigan and Tammy Pescatelli, all of whom claim to have had jokes stolen from Schumer.

Other's also seem to be joining the fray too. She was also accused of stealing from Patrice O'Neal a few months ago.

This has come not long after Amy sicked her fans on a 17 year old who made a joke at her expense.

Patrice can't be pointing fingers. He's a joke thief.

A surprising amount of comics are thieves. But part of the problem is some of the "stolen" jokes are just obvious jokes, like Slap Chef.

I have absolutely no idea how Trevor Noah got the job in the first place, it's not like he was a particularly good comic, or was setting the world on fire. It just makes me think "Progressive hire".

Guaran-fucking-teed.

So, after the aforementioned 17 year old provides a grovelling apology to the millionaire movie star for a joke which parrotted her material, Schumer gives boy a good little pat on the head

And this is how her fans respond, after being sicked on a kid

Well, speaking or rape culture...

Did that bitch way up there in the OP just equate having a joke stolen to being forcefully penetrated by a penis against your will?

I feel like they're not quite the same.

I thought the worst thing about her, besides that she's the new flavor of the month for everybody to be shitting themselves over, is that she's not funny.
Sucks if she's stealing material.

Well, speaking or rape culture...

Did that bitch way up there in the OP just equate having a joke stolen to being forcefully penetrated by a penis against your will?

I feel like they're not quite the same.
It's rape culture bro!

Back