An opportunity has arisen...

Armbars

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
..and for the life of me, I don't know what to do.

I've been offered a new job. Since moving last year, ive been casually looking, but due to my location jobs in my area of expertise are few and far between.
The company turned over 10 million last year, doesn't appear to have any reliance on the EU, so Brexit wont harm them the same way it will others.
It pays more
The potential for career development and promotion is evident
it's 3 miles from my house
I'm essentially my own boss

Vs.

3 to 4 hour total commute each day plus my 8 hours
less money
huge fuel costs due to the commute
zero career progression
boring at times, due to salesmen not selling fuck all

What's holding me back...!

EDIT; Worth pointing out I've been at the 2nd job for 5 years, have some great friends now and have some serious responsibilities that no one else is capable of doing.

Last edited:
Don't be dumb, take the first job.

However, I can't see how you'll be a great employee considering you need the help of strangers to make even the simplest of decisions.

Grow a pair.

Make the decision for your own best interests

hahaha tough choice...

Don't be dumb, take the first job.

However, I can't see how you'll be a great employee considering you need the help of strangers to make even the simplest of decisions.

Grow a pair.

Ive been at the 2nd job for years, and have made friends, im the head of the IT and the only person in this company that can do specific parts of my job.

I think my main thing holding me back is the knock-on effect it will have for this company.

Ive been at the 2nd job for years, and have made friends, im the head of the IT and the only person in this company that can do specific parts of my job.

I think my main thing holding me back is the knock-on effect it will have for this company.

Then demand a huge raise to stay. Have some sense of self worth.

Trust me; they’re not half as loyal to you as you are them. Do what’s best for you or you’ll find out the hard way.

Then demand a huge raise to stay. Have some sense of self worth.

Weighing this up in my head, just a bit of mixed emotions going on at the moment. It's hard to leave a job when you have a pleasant history and have made friends.

Would tear up your resume just for the black on black font.

Just go to your boss and tell him youve been offered a better deal elsewhere and if he wants to keep you youll need a raise or whatever else you want. Fuel card, company vehicle for the commute

1/10 Trolling
Seriously, people don't even try anymore!

wasn't intentional, didn't even notice it wasn't default.
48FW.gif

I can't read so I've nothing to add.

My Sherdog layout is SD Light, its evident that screws up the font to background for the default dark format.

Back