Ancient video of Fedor and Sergei training in Russia

Goat Heavyweight Fedor was a killer in his prime

Any idea when exactly this was? Fedor left RTT some time in late 2003 and I assume stopped training with Sergei at that point.

Some really old school Sambo that guy is teaching, somebody knows his name?

Kharitonov looked like he could easily make LHW.

Sergei vs Wanderlei would have been fireworks. And early brain damage for Wand.

We all saw how Chute Boxe representative Ninja Rua got fucked up by Segei and he suffered legitimate brain swelling from that fight.

DizzyHeartfeltBelugawhale-max-1mb.gif

Yeah Sergei was around 220 lbs at the beggining of his Pride days, he could have easily make LHW.

Well we already saw him against a LHW (Ninja Rua), and we saw how it when out :)

Yeah Sergei was around 220 lbs at the beggining of his Pride days, he could have easily make LHW.

Well we already saw him against a LHW (Ninja Rua), and we saw how it when out :)

I think at his best Sergei was 235lbs. That's how he came in against Nog. Good speed, good power, good strength and great endurance. He fought Nog at such a high pace.

I think at his best Sergei was 235lbs. That's how he came in against Nog. Good speed, good power, good strength and great endurance. He fought Nog at such a high pace.

That nog fight was amazing yes. Sergei was a beast in 2004-2005, his demolition of Pedro Rizzo was beautiful to watch too.

That nog fight was amazing yes. Sergei was a beast in 2004-2005, his demolition of Pedro Rizzo was beautiful to watch too.

Some of the best body shots in the sport were landed on Rizzo in that fight.

Good old RTT days. I remember reading some old interview of Kharitonov where he said he got most of his grappling from training with Fedor.

Is that guy after Fedor and Kharitonov the RTT fighter to beat Fedor, Suren Balachinskiy?

ibHwafNlzisCr.jpeg

We all saw how Chute Boxe representative Ninja Rua got fucked up by Segei and he suffered legitimate brain swelling from that fight.

DizzyHeartfeltBelugawhale-max-1mb.gif

That fight was such a classic example of a mismatch.

Good old RTT days. I remember reading some old interview of Kharitonov where he said he got most of his grappling from training with Fedor.

Is that guy after Fedor and Kharitonov the RTT fighter to beat Fedor, Suren Balachinskiy?

ibHwafNlzisCr.jpeg

Suren had always beaten Fedor in Judo and had been eagerly recruited by Pride (while Japanese executives signed Fedor mainly as an afterthought), so RTT counted on Suren to crush Fedor after he left the team. They were sure Fedor had an inferiority complex around him. In the end, Suren was too old and broken to fight Fedor in Pride.

I can't see Fedor having an inferiority complex, tbh. He's mentally the strongest fighter I've ever seen.

Also, I want to learn those first two throws in the video. I'm kind of half-assed doing them both already and they're working well.

Anyone know the instructor's name?

Also, I want to learn those first two throws in the video. I'm kind of half-assed doing them both already and they're working well.

Anyone know the instructor's name?

Not sure who the instructor is but it could be Alexander Nevsky???? Not 100 on that one, just taking a guess.

Those takedowns look cool but dont see them being very high % especially with the knee lock finish. Something you can pull on someone once in a sneaky way if they never rolled with you.

Not sure who the instructor is but it could be Alexander Nevsky???? Not 100 on that one, just taking a guess.

Those takedowns look cool but dont see them being very high % especially with the knee lock finish. Something you can pull on someone once in a sneaky way if they never rolled with you.

I'm getting both of them regularly from DLR.

The first one when both hooks get stuffed and the second one I've been doing like a hip-bump sweep when my non-hooking foot is stuffed between his legs. I never thought to reach behind his leg and use my hips to buckle his knee like a low single.

Back