And another one gone- Star Wars author Chuck Wendig says he was fired by Marvel over ‘vulgar’ tweets

You seen the series Maniac? Right in line with your taste as per this post.

I never saw any of the new star wars. Never got it either.

I haven't watched this, but thanks for the heads up.

Edit: Oh yeah... I did see the first episode, but got busy and it kind of slipped my mind. I was intrigued and I do really dig the premise. I'm going to have to pick this back up.

I haven't watched this, but thanks for the heads up.

Edit: Oh yeah... I did see the first episode, but got busy and it kind of slipped my mind. I was intrigued and I do really dig the premise. I'm going to have to pick this back up.

I'd be shocked if you disliked it given your list.

Just going by the tweets, who did he direct them at ? If it was LucasFilm management and or owners then it is no surprise they fired him. It isn't surprising if an employer fires and employee who goes off on him/her.
Now I am not saying he wasn't justified, because I don't know the backstory on why he got soo pissed. But whether an employee has legit reason to be mad or not, and employer will certainly fire or severely reprimand an employee for verbally attacking them.
My suspicion is that the holiday blockbuster season is coming up and tptb are trying for damage control.
Alienating roughly half of your potential market just isn't good business.

I believe he was merely being sarcastic, and mocking people who make that argument whenever shit like this goes down.

giphy.gif

Well, a lot of the criticism was specifically because the lead role was a black guy, Asian girl, etc. So it’s not like they just pulled that out of their asses. Jesus Christ, this is what I mean. Star Wars fanboys are the absolute worst. You guys are a bunch of fucking incels. Thanks for proving I was right.
looks like the douche around here is you bud.

Well, a lot of the criticism was specifically because the lead role was a black guy, Asian girl, etc. So it’s not like they just pulled that out of their asses. Jesus Christ, this is what I mean. Star Wars fanboys are the absolute worst. You guys are a bunch of fucking incels. Thanks for proving I was right.

I get called racist on here 10 times a day and honestly I thought the black guy was the best new character in The Force Awakens.

Then again, I also get called incel and I'm married.... So maybe you guys just need to stick to debating the facts instead 9f calling everyone silly names...

Some criticism along those lines happened as I'm sure they knew it would be I think we've clearly seen a desire to try and write off all criticism of the films as being due to bigotry when I don't think the vast majority of it has been.

Your posting I think reflects there angle pretty much exactly, its partisan politics rather than film criticism. I think this has gone down especially badly here because as I said I don't think most of the fanbase is actually bigoted.

Beyond that I'd say what makes the Starwars fanbase hard to please is that the original films are excellent blockbuster cinema, it sets a high standard and medicore films like the prequels and the sequels will get judged harshly as a result.

Don't forget the Russians! They say all the bad reviews for TLJ are Russian super spies.

I had no problem with Finn, but that chick was f’ing annoying.

Anyway, that movie sucking had nothing to do with either of them. They were basically comedy relief for the main plot.

It was the fuckjng debacle of Luke’s entire storyline that did it for me. Just awful.

The problem with the newest movies were the following:

They killed Han, so people looked for reasons to hate the movie (and gave fans nothing but sadness re: his character)

They killed Luke (and gave fans nothing but sadness re: his character)

So why would anyone like that?

Except me, I liked them. But obviously doing that will send people into a tizzy. Make them nitpick and so on.

What I think Starwars needs to rid itself of is untalented people who look to hide behind politics.

Honestly don't think the lead cast is that great either, I mean Boyega has been pretty good in other films but his Starwars character is an absolute cringe fest for me and Ridley looked clueless for large parts of TLJ and doesn't match her characters supposed background in the slightest. Honestly I think Starwars needs to dump the idea that it should cast relative unknowns, I think Lucas whether though talent or luck ended up with a good cast that way but its far from certain and I don't think its been repeated here.

Boyega and Ridley are better actors than Carrie Fisher or Mark Hamill (or at least better actors than they were back then). I'd say it's more an issue of the writing.

Finn should've had a dark side, had to struggle with his choices. He's supposed to be a friggin storm trooper. That could've led to some amazing character development but instead they abandoned his background entirely and turned him into a happy go lucky dude who has no hesitation about gunning down his former friends.

Rey should lose sometimes and face adversity. Learn from her mistakes and grow from them. Instead she's perfect and always makes the right decision, which is kind of boring to watch.

Why is all the character development only going to the bad guy? Seems like a waste.

Boyega and Ridley are better actors than Carrie Fisher or Mark Hamill (or at least better actors than they were back then). I'd say it's more an issue of the writing.

Finn should've had a dark side, had to struggle with his choices. He's supposed to be a friggin storm trooper. That could've led to some amazing character development but instead they abandoned his background entirely and turned him into a happy go lucky dude who has no hesitation about gunning down his former friends.

Rey should lose sometimes and face adversity. Learn from her mistakes and grow from them. Instead she's perfect and always makes the right decision, which is kind of boring to watch.

Why is all the character development only going to the bad guy? Seems like a waste.

Yeah I'd agree the films themselves probably bare much of the blame, Abrams created two very dull characters largely ignoring their backgrounds as any kind of motivations and giving us mary sue and comic relief. I'm not really convinced by Ridley though, for a lot of Last jedi especially she just looked rather blank and confused to me and seems to shift between that and over emoting. Fisher in Empire especially gave a far far better performance and Hamil too in that film turned out to be far better than people expected as well. Part of that might be the quality of the script and direction but again I think either though luck or skill the casting of unknowns turned out much better than it typically would. Before people scream sexism as well I felt Felicity Jones was excellent in Rogue One plus the character actually managed to feel like it suited her background dispite her being equally good looking, Rey looks/acts like she's stepped off the bus from Oxford rather than as a life long space junker.

Last edited:
I had no problem with Finn, but that chick was f’ing annoying.

Anyway, that movie sucking had nothing to do with either of them. They were basically comedy relief for the main plot.

It was the fuckjng debacle of Luke’s entire storyline that did it for me. Just awful.
Totally agreed. All of the actors are good enough to pull of believable roles if the writing wasn't bottom barrel garbage. Rian Johnson is terrible and Kathleen Kennedy is utterly incompetent.

I liked Finn in the first film for the most part, he had great chemistry with Han, Rey and Poe. Poe/Oscar was a great character in the TFA and a great casting choice and Kylo was solid (both films as an actor/character). I thought was Rey was the weak link as an actress/character in TFA, and outside being an even worse Mary Sue/character in TLJ, Daisy was better an actress at least.

Every character in TLJ was weak really, outside Kylo, but I can't imagine anyone standing out with such a shitty script.

JJ is decent enough to make a good film. I really liked the 1st Star Trek film in the Kelvin timeline. The Force Awakens was pretty weak, but it had potential to evolve into something better. After the prequel hate, I can understand why he played it so safe, but he should have been contracted to lay the groundwork for the follow up, and keep up continuity, instead of allowing Rian to shit all over everything. That's completely on KK though

As for the OP, Chuck the cuck...face, got what he deserved, what a piece of shit.

Except Kylo is still an emo can.

I’m not debating anything other than Star Wars sucks, all of them, and the fanboys are the absolute worst, which was adequately proven in the thread.

You've not debated that very well then as your position has basically been stating "Starwars sucks" and little else.

Back