And here we go: Government Drone Deployed in Sacramento Neighborhood

I’d wait till it was on my property, then “shoot” it down (in a safe manner), then I would bring it inside and keep it like the old lady in the neighborhood who would keep your balls if they went in her yard.

That shit dont work on immigrant parents. Lol that happened to me once with a neighbour and i got in trouble with my parents for not arguing with her to get it back then my dad went over and came back with like two armfull of all the ones t
Begun, the drone war has...

Looks like it's time to buy your own drones and outfit them with anti drone capabilities.

I wouldn't recommend shooting them down if it's illegal in your area to do so. You'll be on camera before the drone is shot down. With your own drone you can launch it out of view and then hunt the other drone down.

What if you crash your own drone into it lol

Does it change anyone’s mind if I point out that this is low-income public housing?

Why should that matter? Should low income residents not be afforded the natural right to privacy like anyone else? Are rights based on socioeconomic status?

Why should that matter? Should low income residents not be afforded the natural right to privacy like anyone else? Are rights based on socioeconomic status?

Just playing devil’s advocate here.

Not surprised.

With the rapid advancement of technology making life much easier to navigate (communication, entertainment etc) society has become increasingly less concerned with gov't overreach, violations of privacy, and misuse of said technology.

This is just one of many examples.

People simply don't care enough on a macro level to affect change, and until that zeitgeist shifts, it will only get worse.

Its been remarked by many ppl already, but with each passing day, its becoming more and more noticeable that Orwell's '1984' can be interpreted more as a self-fulfilling prophecy rather than some sci-fi work of fiction.

What's really sad is it's the citizens asking the government to turn it into 1984

Ok, cool. This is happening in California. I thought this was happening in America for a second and was prepared to be seriously butthurt.

Yeah, I'm sure those in the land of civil forfiture, aka the south, have nothing to worry about.

If you had a child who was abducted while playing outside and this type of surveillance allowed her to be located and rescued before she was raped and murdered how could you possibly oppose the technology?

Well, what if you had to torture and kill a child to save 100 children.

Wouldn't you have to do it?

Or would you be responsible for the death of 100 kids, instead of one.

Stupid way to look at things yes?

I don’t mind this because I don’t really use much of my freedom anyway.

If I cared about my privacy or freedom I would be upset,

But I mostly just I want to be successful and safe and raise children.

It Begins: Government Drone Spying On Sacramento Neighborhood
Screen-Shot-2018-05-17-at-7.24.53-AM-777x437.png

WRITTEN BY: CBS SACRAMENTO MAY 17, 2018

The Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency is not a law enforcement agency, and yet it is spying on local citizens with a sophisticated drone. The City Council has the power to stop this cold in its tracks with a simple binding resolution, and citizens are bringing pressure. ⁃ TN Editor
Neighbors say they’re furious over a drone that’s flying over the neighborhood, and we’ve found out it’s tied to a government agency.

The mysterious drone has been spotted during late-night hours, hovering over residential neighborhoods and looking down on homes.

ohn Mattox first spotted the mysterious drone about a month ago.

“The drone would fly over here, come over my neighbor’s house, fly over our house right here,” he said. “You come home from work, it would be operating, go to bed it was still operating, and this would repeat day after day.”

His neighbors in Sacramento’s upper Land Park neighborhood wondered what it was doing.

“It just doesn’t feel good,” said Ben Allen. “It hovers around. You don’t know what they’re looking at and monitoring.”

Neighbors say they’ve heard the drone flying in the early morning hours, well before sunrise.

This week, they learned it’s being flown by the Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency. It manages two nearby housing communities, Alder Grove and Marina Vista. Those complexes have seen serious crimes, including a fatal shooting in January and a triple homicide in 2016.

“We initiated the drone program in order to enhance the safety and security of our residents,” said LaTanna Jones, SHRA’s assistant director.

She says the five-foot-long aircraft operates between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. and has already spotted illegal dumping and trespassing. Pilots have established a protocol to protect privacy.

“The drones are programmed so that they do not catch any footage until they get to about 200 feet in the air,” Jones said.

The housing authority says the program is legal, but some neighbors have doubts, saying their privacy is being invaded and the technology doesn’t belong in a residential community.

“This is not an appropriate way to police the community,” Mattox said.

https://www.technocracy.news/it-begins-government-drone-spying-on-sacramento-neighborhood/

How are you going to feel when a government drone is hovering over your house?

See you thought the cameras on street lights, and CCTV everywhere was OK, because it's in public, but this is just the start.

Our phones, appliances, computers spy on us. Drones will soon be in your neighborhood spying on you.

You do not live in a free society if you are constantly under surveillance.

Discuss......

<{1-8}> GOOD. I HOPE THE FIND AND ARREST ALL THOSE ASSHOLES WHO ILLEGALLY DUMP.

<3>FUK THOSE PEOPE.

I don’t mind this because I don’t really use much of my freedom anyway.

If I cared about my privacy or freedom I would be upset,

But I mostly just I want to be successful and safe and raise children.

If not serious, nice mockery.

If serious, I hope your kids enjoy their lives as literal slaves.

If not serious, nice mockery.

If serious, I hope your kids enjoy their lives as literal slaves.

I’m mocking but half serious.

I don’t want this but I’m too lazy and cowardly to do something about it. My life is simply too comfortable and it’s a long way down.

Much like everyone else.

I’m mocking but half serious.

I don’t want this but I’m too lazy and cowardly to do something about it. My life is simply too comfortable and it’s a long way down.

Much like everyone else.

I used to think in terms of do something about it. Like it demands some kind of extreme act, in response.

In reality, your responsibility is to know which politicians on your ballot support this, which oppose it, and voting your own interest at the ballot box.

It Begins: Government Drone Spying On Sacramento Neighborhood
Screen-Shot-2018-05-17-at-7.24.53-AM-777x437.png

WRITTEN BY: CBS SACRAMENTO MAY 17, 2018

The Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency is not a law enforcement agency, and yet it is spying on local citizens with a sophisticated drone. The City Council has the power to stop this cold in its tracks with a simple binding resolution, and citizens are bringing pressure. ⁃ TN Editor
Neighbors say they’re furious over a drone that’s flying over the neighborhood, and we’ve found out it’s tied to a government agency.

The mysterious drone has been spotted during late-night hours, hovering over residential neighborhoods and looking down on homes.

ohn Mattox first spotted the mysterious drone about a month ago.

“The drone would fly over here, come over my neighbor’s house, fly over our house right here,” he said. “You come home from work, it would be operating, go to bed it was still operating, and this would repeat day after day.”

His neighbors in Sacramento’s upper Land Park neighborhood wondered what it was doing.

“It just doesn’t feel good,” said Ben Allen. “It hovers around. You don’t know what they’re looking at and monitoring.”

Neighbors say they’ve heard the drone flying in the early morning hours, well before sunrise.

This week, they learned it’s being flown by the Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency. It manages two nearby housing communities, Alder Grove and Marina Vista. Those complexes have seen serious crimes, including a fatal shooting in January and a triple homicide in 2016.

“We initiated the drone program in order to enhance the safety and security of our residents,” said LaTanna Jones, SHRA’s assistant director.

She says the five-foot-long aircraft operates between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. and has already spotted illegal dumping and trespassing. Pilots have established a protocol to protect privacy.

“The drones are programmed so that they do not catch any footage until they get to about 200 feet in the air,” Jones said.

The housing authority says the program is legal, but some neighbors have doubts, saying their privacy is being invaded and the technology doesn’t belong in a residential community.

“This is not an appropriate way to police the community,” Mattox said.

https://www.technocracy.news/it-begins-government-drone-spying-on-sacramento-neighborhood/

How are you going to feel when a government drone is hovering over your house?

See you thought the cameras on street lights, and CCTV everywhere was OK, because it's in public, but this is just the start.

Our phones, appliances, computers spy on us. Drones will soon be in your neighborhood spying on you.

You do not live in a free society if you are constantly under surveillance.

Discuss......
I wonder if it’s armed and ready to take out American citizens without due process.

Theres a scene in the first guardians of the galaxy where the characters all have a street fight on Xandar,

And then armed drones show up and paralyze them and cart them off to jail.

Life imitating art no?

Well, what if you had to torture and kill a child to save 100 children.

Wouldn't you have to do it?

Or would you be responsible for the death of 100 kids, instead of one.

Stupid way to look at things yes?

Viva, it became clear to me quite a while back that you weren't playing with a full deck.

But comparing allowing drones to fly over your private property with torturing and killing a child is really rubber room level thinking. Seek help, bro.

Viva, it became clear to me quite a while back that you weren't playing with a full deck.

But comparing allowing drones to fly over your private property with torturing and killing a child is really rubber room level thinking. Seek help, bro.

No it isn't. The right to privacy exists for a reason. History is full of stories where a lack of privacy enabled tyranny.

Those that refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

No it isn't. The right to privacy exists for a reason. History is full of stories where a lack of privacy enabled tyranny.

Those that refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

So, even if you knew absolutely that surveillance drones could keep your daughter from being raped and murdered by an abductor you would be willing to sacrifice her for the cause of liberty. Good to know.

So, even if you knew absolutely that surveillance drones could keep your daughter from being raped and murdered by an abductor you would be willing to sacrifice her for the cause of liberty. Good to know.

Yes, exactly. I also wouldn't be willing to kill a child to save 100.

You can do what is right, or what is easy, they are rarely the same thing.

Back