Anderson Silva's record vs Mousasi's record

Mousasi is fighting in a much tougher MW era that’s for sure. And Anderson lost to some horrible fighters. One failed a test as well, due to “dick pills” and “tainted supplements”. Mousasi was on a good streak in the UFC but never got the belt. Anderson has that over him. As of now the filthy masses will remember Anderson more

Mousasi is fighting in a much tougher MW era that’s for sure. And Anderson lost to some horrible fighters. One failed a test as well, due to “dick pills” and “tainted supplements”. Mousasi was on a good streak in the UFC but never got the belt. Anderson has that over him. As of now the filthy masses will remember Anderson more

Anderson would easily beat the shit out of Mousasi

It's a shame we didn't get to see prime+juiced Silva vs juiced Romero, Jacare, prime Moose and Rockhold.

Anderson Silva - 34 wins, 8 losses

Best wins:
01. Vitor
02. Franklin
03. Forrest
04. Chael
05. Hendo
06. Maia
07.Bonnar
08. Okami
09. Leben
10. Marquardt
11. Lutter
12. Leites
13. Sakurai

Gegard Mousasi - 44 wins, 6 losses, 2 draws

Best wins:
01. Weidman
02. Belfort
03. Hendo
04. Mark Hunt
05. Jacare
06. Sokoudjou
07. OSP
08. Latifi
09. Goodridge
10. Manhoef
11. Lombard
12. Sobral
13. Munoz

MENTION: the listing is random, I am not saying Lutter was better than Sakurai, for example.

If I forgot someone, please do tell! Thanks!

So, who has a better record, in your opinion?!

giphy.gif

adv.gif
I’m only here to ask why, on Anderson’s list you call him “Vitor” but on Mousasi’s list you call him “Belfort”.

Mousasi is my favourite active fighter, And I think he is the best MW today, but the best Anderson beats any version of Mousasi.

Anderson Silva - 34 wins, 8 losses

Best wins:
01. Vitor
02. Franklin
03. Forrest
04. Chael
05. Hendo
06. Maia
07.Bonnar
08. Okami
09. Leben
10. Marquardt
11. Lutter
12. Leites
13. Sakurai

Gegard Mousasi - 44 wins, 6 losses, 2 draws

Best wins:
01. Weidman
02. Belfort
03. Hendo
04. Mark Hunt
05. Jacare
06. Sokoudjou
07. OSP
08. Latifi
09. Goodridge
10. Manhoef
11. Lombard
12. Sobral
13. Munoz

MENTION: the listing is random, I am not saying Lutter was better than Sakurai, for example.

If I forgot someone, please do tell! Thanks!

So, who has a better record, in your opinion?!

giphy.gif

adv.gif
I'll be accused of bias but it is what it is (Mousasi but I like to think I keep it real and Anderson still #1 185 of all time but you bring up best possible 185er to give him run for money).
His longevity alone as an elite fighter for all these years speaks volumes .....and as a clean fighter who s made weight every single time.THE GUY IS IN HIS PRIME NOW which is just astonishing and no one can say " he didn't do it in ufc" 9- 3 ufc, 12-3 under zuffa.44 wins, 36 finishes.
He's also has an undefeated record at heavyweight and KBOXING .As +210 underdog, beat up the then K1 HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION- KYOTARO.

Mousasi beats Anderson imo, Silva looked spectacular against completely average strikers whereas Mousasi looked good against top strikers. Mousasi should really have had a title shot but for whatever reason it just never materialised.

Oh really? Average strikers like Vitor, Hendo? Mousasi is a better striker than Anderson? Uriah hall and Lyoto dont agree with u

They're close honestly but moose never won gold and his ufc run was meh. Anderson is better.

Oh really? Average strikers like Vitor, Hendo? Mousasi is a better striker than Anderson? Uriah hall and Lyoto dont agree with u
They've both fought Vitor and Hendo... Wiedman and Bisping disagree with you too chap, swings and roundabouts.

Anderson’s prime consisted of a (UFC record) 17 fight win streak, 15 finishes (13 within 2 rounds), 10 title defenses, and 3 LHW KOs.

GSP’s prime consisted of 7 straight decisions (8/9 decisions) and tapping to strikes to a LW journeyman.

The difference is drinkability.

Anderson was confirmed to be greater than GSP by the people that matter, their peers. And it wasn’t close.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/your-fighter´s-goat.3730621/#post-139555015

Finishes > Decisions

Anderson > GSP

View attachment 410161
Clean fighters > Steroidheads
Fighting tough competition > Fighting cans
Dominating eveybody in your resume > getting beat from chael sonnen for 5 rounds
Beating every opponent he evr fought > getting tapped by some japanese cans and never avenging them
GSP>SILVA

No disrespect to Moose, but I have no idea how someone could watch them both and conclude Moose is a superior fighter to Anderson Silva (ignoring aging effects and the like).

No disrespect to Moose, but I have no idea how someone could watch them both and conclude Moose is a superior fighter to Anderson Silva (ignoring aging effects and the like).
Because he can easily hang in the striking department yet has way superior grappling which is an obvious weak point for Silva, how can you be so ignorant to totally dismiss Mousasi, he beat the guy who beat Silva twice.

Back