Anderson Silva's record vs Mousasi's record

I totally agree. Silva was the product of a very thin division.
100%! Moose boxing and groundgame is to tight for Silva to play with. Backed up by a very solid chin Silva would get run over at any point in his career.

They both a have good list, debating wich would be better seems impossible and therefor kinda nonsense to me.

Prime Silva never lost.

GSP's prime on the other hand....
qb8jOnl.gif

Prime Mousasi (today) beats prime Anderson.They cancel out standing but Mousasi absolutely mauls him on ground.

No, they don't cancel each other standing.
Silva put a beating on Mousasi in the standup. It won't even get to the ground.

This thread is ridiculous. Anderson Silva was the f'ing boss of MW for years, broke all records, and was arguably the best LHW at his time too, before Jones showed up.

The only people interested in this nonsense are GSP fangirls like @ThunderStruck and the racist rabid troll @Perrichet who need, with all their strength, to bash the GOAT. Because their hero isn't as good as Silva and many others, their strategy is to step on the heads of the better fighters to climb their subpar hero on the GOAT list.

Give it up: you fail. You are also disgusting - once you say that, and if for some reason Mousasi wins the MW title and defends it 20 times, you will bash him too. You guys are pathetic.

Did you actually watch the Chonan fight, Anderson was absolutely killing him standing up. Find some gifs of Ryo’s striking in the fight other than 2 leg kicks.
was going to say that besides the submission, Chonan was getting tooled , which leads me to speculate that match was Yakuza by Victory.

First comment said it all.

I like Moose, he is a great fighter and I'm bummed we didn't get to see him challenge for the MW belt.
His three loses to Jacare, Hall and Machida will always stain his record a bit. He avenged his loss to Hall and might get the same opportunity against Machida in Bellator, but you can't compare his achievements to Silva's 16 fight winning streak and 10 title defenses.

Lol @ Soko being on there.

Unpopular opinion: having a title means nothing. Styles make fights. Who you've beat and how you beat them matter the most. Honestly, Gegard has way better wins than Anderson. Gegard at his best would have beat every single fighter Anderson Silva fought during his middleweight title reign and he wouldn't have lost to Weidman.

You're a fucking idiot.

Silva beat fighters in their prime, while Moose fought has been. Vitor and Hendo was literally on their last legs. Let me know when Moose gotten close to a title shot in the Ufc.

What are the better wins, please let me know. A green Mark Hunt that has no sub defense what so ever. Every time he step up in competition he loses, thats why he never came close to a title shot.

Moose nutriders love overrated him, when he didn't do anything in the Ufc. lol

Anderson’s prime consisted of a (UFC record) 17 fight win streak, 15 finishes (13 within 2 rounds), 10 title defenses, and 3 LHW KOs.

GSP’s prime consisted of 7 straight decisions (8/9 decisions) and tapping to strikes to a LW journeyman.

The difference is drinkability.

Anderson was confirmed to be greater than GSP by the people that matter, their peers. And it wasn’t close.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/your-fighter´s-goat.3730621/#post-139555015

Finishes > Decisions

Anderson > GSP

View attachment 410161
giphy.gif

I mean Anderson has 2 wins over the top ranked fighters in the division he fought in at the time he beat them in Franklin and Sakurai. I don't think Moose can claim that. Plus Anderson's defense streak give it a clear edge over Mousasi. Tt doesn't quite matter about the resumes if you don't reach the mountain top.

Back