Andre Ward Retires

PUO3

You are a can.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the fights Champ. One of the best and classiest to ever lace them up.

Thanks for the fights Champ. One of the best and classiest to ever lace them up.

He's going in to broadcasting.

Beyond that he was a top p4p fighter. A lot of fans don't appreciate how good he was. He was a BHop clone (@Seano)

Beyond that he was a top p4p fighter. A lot of fans don't appreciate how good he was. He was a BHop clone (@Seano)
Happy to hear it, always enjoyed his commentary. Great gig for him with how well spoken and intelligent he is.

Happy to hear it, always enjoyed his commentary. Great gig for him with how well spoken and intelligent he is.

I think he'd make a really good trainer too. He did us a huge favor for Danny's camp. Dre told him he always has a home at Starrett City.

We don't get with Gennady like we did without Ward.. You will see him share Showtime with Danny

So he's probably gonna come back one day to fight the next unified LHW or CW champ.

There really wasn't any big money fights for him anymore. Nobody cares about the CW division, no money LHW fights and he's too big to get GGG or Canelo to come up for.

The only things that really bothered me about Ward was that he fought dirty when he didn't need to and he overvalued his worth for a big chunk of his prime. Other than that, I respect Ward.

The only things that really bothered me about Ward was that he fought dirty when he didn't need to and he overvalued his worth for a big chunk of his prime. Other than that, I respect Ward.

I agree he wasted a lot of his prime.

Very smart move. I continue to be impressed by Ward's discipline. Now that he's pretty much the undisputed P4P #1 fighter he could've easily chased more glory, he knows to quit while ahead. Because of his style he'll likely always have his faculties about him. Hopefully he enjoys his money and his family in peace.

That and he's ducking Stevenson / Beterbiev.

Like either retire after SMW or now, if you've come into LHW, either unite all the belts or lose trying.
Go out on your shield or with a triumph.
Not this sideways shit.

IMO.

That and he's ducking Stevenson / Beterbiev.

Like either retire after SMW or now, if you've come into LHW, either unite all the belts or lose trying.
Go out on your shield or with a triumph.
Not this sideways shit.

IMO.

We want to fight Stevenson. Danny will kill him. They're the same size

Both ?

Like what was his analysis / specific advice for Jacobs against GGG.

He told Danny to circle around all off Gennday's punches. If you watch how he loads up before his left hook you can anticipate the punch. He also told us if we could stay upright for 5 rounds we'd win (which i think we did)

Nobody trusted Danny's chin which Ward did. He told me nobody hit him harder than Danny

He might have 2 wins on paper, mired in controversy. But Kovelev broke him. <TheWire1>

Back