Andre Ward Retires

I was meaning like if it kept happening a DQ wasn't out the realm of possibility. You're right though but I guess he was hoping the ref was gonna get involved at somepoint.

See, I certainly think the ref could have issued Ward a warning or a point deduction, but the whole situation showed that Kovalev at heart is a bully who has a very hard time adjusting when things don't go his way. When the ref doesn't help and you're in danger, then you act.

I really believed he wouldn't come back. Very curious about who he'd fight.

Bellew and then the tourney winner would be something special. Usyk (I'm assuming Usyk wins) might be a bridge too far for Ward, though.

Promotion: Andre Ward is back from retirement!!!

Me: Uh, he fought last summer

Promotion: Tune in to see Andre Ward make his comeback in a new division!!!

Me: Fuck you

If he fights in 2018, it's not a "comeback" and it means he was never retired. For a lot of fighters, including Ward, it would just be a fairly typical length from one fight to the next. But, but he's back!!!

Sounds like he’s trying to go to HW. Plenty of fights there.

Hmm retire, then pack on loads of muscle, then unretire. Yeah nothing dodgy about that.....

You're happy about this?

I figured you of all people would be disappointed by this bullshit. He did some pretty incredible things in his career and made more money than anyone expected. He retired because he cared about his long term health and was already dealing with issues from head trauma like memory loss and whatnot. Him coming back now is just fucked. He should know better. You being such a huge fan and seeing all these other super fucked up fighters still fighting should be worried not celebrating.

R.I.P Ward's brain.

You're happy about this?

I figured you of all people would be disappointed by this bullshit. He did some pretty incredible things in his career and made more money than anyone expected. He retired because he cared about his long term health and was already dealing with issues from head trauma like memory loss and whatnot. Him coming back now is just fucked. He should know better. You being such a huge fan and seeing all these other super fucked up fighters still fighting should be worried not celebrating.

R.I.P Ward's brain.
If hes healthy enough to do it then yes, of course.

Kinda has me wondering if the “retirement” was just some marketing bullshit to draw some attention to a “comeback”.

Back