Andrei arlovski returns in UFC Norfolk, Virginia

I am a big Arlovski fan but I think his chin has deteriorated too much. I want to see him retire. Albini is very dangerous in first rounds.
If arlovski loses, i just hope he puts up a good fight.

Man, did not realize Arlovski was on a 5 fight skid...Hope he can turn it around
If he loses, then 6..... He probably will need to retire if he loses this 1.

Still amazes me that Arlovski went the distance with Rumble.

The gap between LHW and HW must be huge, no wonder Bones doesn't wanna move up.

Will be fighting
View attachment 264113
His name is junior albini and his 1-0 in the UFC with his debut coming off a ko victory over Timothy Johnson. His physique doesn't look much but this man has kickboxing skills.
Arlovski is a fkin legend and I think he'll probably lose but hopefully he puts a good fight like how he did against tynura. If u don't ktfo arlovski, I'm telling u this, he'll never quit and will come to knock u the fuck out.
8zkzm1.gif

Its a high risk, low reward fight for Arlovski but I'm surprised he wasn't cut.

I think he wins this one. Albini belongs at 205lbs.

he'll die trying!
Fighting is his fuel.
Fuck haters-War AA

My boy always comes back. He's gonna knock this journeyman out.

Still amazes me that Arlovski went the distance with Rumble.

The gap between LHW and HW must be huge, no wonder Bones doesn't wanna move up.

That doesn't even make sense. Rumble went the distance with Phil Davis as well.

Also Rumble broke Arlovski's jaw and won the fight. He's also the only loss Arlovski had in that giant "winning" stretch from Aug 2011 to Sept 2015.

I'd also venture to say the Rumble that fought Arlovski wasn't on the same level physically as the one in the UFC who was stretching guys like Little Nog and Bader. Arlovski was very lucky to survive that fight out of the first. The fact is the bell save Arlovski when Rumble was trying to finish him. If Arlovski rematched him in say 2015 he would have been eaten alive.

That doesn't even make sense. Rumble went the distance with Phil Davis as well.

Also Rumble broke Arlovski's jaw and won the fight. He's also the only loss Arlovski had in that giant "winning" stretch from Aug 2011 to Sept 2015.

I'd also venture to say the Rumble that fought Arlovski wasn't on the same level physically as the one in the UFC who was stretching guys like Little Nog and Bader. Arlovski was very lucky to survive that fight out of the first. The fact is the bell save Arlovski when Rumble was trying to finish him. If Arlovski rematched him in say 2015 he would have been eaten alive.
The bell didn't save AA.. The poor timekeeping in the bout actually got AA hurt - he got his jaw broken after the round was over

The bell didn't save AA.. The poor timekeeping in the bout actually got AA hurt - he got his jaw broken after the round was over

Arguing MMA semantics. The OP was trying to make a case that because Rumble didn't finish AA that it meant HW was too good of a division for Jones to attempt to enter. The fact that a round went 8 seconds over doesn't negate who we think is a better fighter. Arlovski was actively fighting as well during that 8 second(even steven). Simple litmus test.....if Arlovski and Rumble rematched I guarantee Rumble is a massive favorite at any time over the last 4 years.

Back