Andrei Arlovski vs Chuck Liddell circa 2005 - Why didn't the UFC do it?

Adamant

Adamantium Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
In the vein of Stipe vs DC, let's say UFC did Arlovski vs Liddell, Champ vs Champ, for the HW Championship back in 2005, how does that fight go down? Both men were white hot and at their peak this year.

Personally, I remember back in 2005 this was the fight I wanted to see above all others. It would have been the biggest fight of all time in MMA at that point, easily.

Height:
Chuck: 6'2
Andrei: 6'4

Reach:
Chuck: 77"
Andrei: 77"

Weight:
Chuck: 230lbs
Andrei: 240lbs

The Pit Bull vs The Iceman
HW Champion vs LHW Champion

BJm1AvQ.gif
b245e6014f879828f6b7136483d3a16a.gif

3387_ex.jpg

th

600x600.jpg

chuck-liddell-celebrates-his-victory-over-randy-couture-at-ufc-52-at-picture-id107612320

e240b6ae70dd7a9bf0cc804a0fd14b1a--ufc-combate-kickboxing.jpg

Whoever lands first wins. I'm going with 2005 Chuck Liddell though.

Absolute dream fight but I'd take Chuck via having an iron chin and Arlovski having a glass chin

Lol I got Arlovski by being bigger, having faster hands and being more athletic. Prime AA's boxing was no joke.

In the vein of Stipe vs DC, let's say UFC did Arlovski vs Liddell, Champ vs Champ, for the HW Championship back in 2005, how does that fight go down? Both men were white hot and at their peak this year.

Personally, I remember back in 2005 this was the fight I wanted to see above all others. It would have been the biggest fight of all time in MMA at that point, easily.

Height:
Chuck: 6'2
Andrei: 6'4

Reach:
Chuck: 77"
Andrei: 77"

Weight:
Chuck: 230lbs
Andrei: 240lbs

The Pit Bull vs The Iceman
HW Champion vs LHW Champion

BJm1AvQ.gif
b245e6014f879828f6b7136483d3a16a.gif

3387_ex.jpg

th

600x600.jpg

chuck-liddell-celebrates-his-victory-over-randy-couture-at-ufc-52-at-picture-id107612320

e240b6ae70dd7a9bf0cc804a0fd14b1a--ufc-combate-kickboxing.jpg
Arlovski.

Rumble couldnt ko out of prime Arlovski.

Chuck easily. Arlovski can't hang with his power.

I'm not a fan of how corporate the UFC has become in recent years, since signing with FOX Sports. It was so much more raw and gritty (in a good way) back in the Spike TV days. This fight back then would have been an absolute barn burner the likes of which you don't really see too much now. And too, you can be sure that both Liddell and Arlovski would bring it. Neither man would sit back and play the timid points game like almost everyone seems to do nowadays. I'd bet money that this fight ends in a finish.

Lol I got Arlovski by being bigger, having faster hands and being more athletic. Prime AA's boxing was no joke.

Arlovski is also nine years younger than Liddell, people always forget how old Chuck is.

Where do you get Chuck weighing 230? Did his 1-pack make you think he had to cut 25lbs to make LHW? 230 would have been his walking-around-after-Thanksgiving weight lol.

does Chuck have that look in his eye ?....he does !.....well then, i'll go with Chuck.

Arlovski is also nine years younger than Liddell, people always forget how old Chuck is.

This fight would have seen Andrei at 27 fighting Liddell at 36. Youth was definitely on Arlovski's side, but in 2005 Chuck was showing no signs whatsoever of slowing down. He was at the top of the mountain, both as champion and physically for himself.

Where do you get Chuck weighing 230? Did his 1-pack make you think he had to cut 25lbs to make LHW? 230 would have been his walking-around-after-Thanksgiving weight lol.

Chuck said himself that on fight day he comes into the cage between 220 and 230. So I'll take his word and assume it's somewhere in there. Especially since he'd be cutting no weight leading up to the fight, I'll go with the heavier side.

Chuck said himself that on fight day he comes into the cage between 220 and 230. So I'll take his word and assume it's somewhere in there. Especially since he'd be cutting no weight leading up to the fight, I'll go with the heavier side.
I didn't realize Chuck cut that much. I know Rich cut from 212 to MW, which is about the same, but he came to the scale shredded. Chuck just had a pot belly lol.

Despite Chuck being the smaller man he is also the slower man not to mention always had poor defence. Arlovski knocks him out. DC is a rarity not many could replicate especially against a guy like Stipe.

Chuck all day but arlovski can crack though

Arlovski's boxing should win him the fight. Only concern for that prediction is the possibility of Chuck landing a good shot and Andrei likely not being able to take it. But his striking was better due to solid boxing, which should win the fight for him.

Back