Angela Hill vs. Maryna Moroz, Strawweight Battle at UFC Fight Night Orlando, Feb. 24

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hope Hill can bring the action out of Moroz. She's been fighting too cautiously ever since her loss to Letourneau.

Well, it might be that when fighting really short fighters, like Carla Esparza (5'1") and Danielle Taylor (5'0"), Maryna (5'7") was told by her coaches to keep back, keep her distance and try to utilize her greater reach to land some shots at range (but which tactic also had her striking air a lot, unfortunately). Letourneau and Calderwood, on the other hand, were about the same height as her, and with them she was more inclined to push forward. Hill is only 5'3"... so will that mean that Moroz will try to use the "short fighter" tactics on her too?

Seems like just yesterday when Moroz had a massive hype train and everyone thought she was gonna go on a Ronda style armbar tear.

Turns out she actually did "do a Ronda" and revealed that she could do anything apart from armbars!

Can never forget Moroz' 'fight' with Taylor. How you beat up JoJo on the feet, yet you can't touch a chick a foot shorter than yourself?

Hill via UD

I want to see hill do the air tap again.

When I first thought of the fight, I thought of the potential size disadvantage for Hill. But, size disadvantage don't mean shit to her; she went the distance with Andrade and beat huge SWs in Invicta. So, I think Angela is going to box her ears off...that's my final answer.

Jarl

Maryna Moroz fight

giphy.gif

inb4 she stands 3 meters away from Hill and hits air for 15 minutes. Bet your life savings on over 2.5 and laugh all the way to the bank

@HI SCOTT NEWMAN

Thanks for the thread Mark Zima, and continued coverage of them training. Wish we had more of you on this forum.

Back