Angela lee vs mei yamaguchi 2. Who you guys think won?

JkMMA

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I already knew that if it was a close fight, there was no way mei was going to take the w. I kinda understand y Angela lee won but a fuckin unanimous? Should've atleast be a split. Btw, since one fc scores the fight by the whole entire fight, and not round by round,'then mei is the right winner for this fight.

Seems like mei always lose by decisions that r close as fcuk.

Yes it was close. On viewing once I felt Lee won the overall fight. If I were to break it down by rounds I'd say Lee won 1-3 and Yamaguchi won 4 & 5. I'll have to watch it again to be sure but on first viewing I'd also say Lee had enough success throughout to be the winner of the overall fight. Yamaguchi did very well, she got in some good striking by darting in and out, and also held some good positions on top. I think Lee controlled the fight more, perhaps was the aggressor more often, and was constantly going for submissions like arm bars even when she was in bottom position. So I would give the victory to Lee.

If we posted every discussion in the same thread, this subforum would be even more dead.

Only if we are judging activity by the amount of threads started, which I would call a bad metric of such. Intent was to make it easy for people to find all the content they want to see in one place without having to search 5 different topics since they dont have things like event threads like Bellator.

I kinda understand y Angela lee won but a fuckin unanimous? Should've atleast be a split. Btw, since one fc scores the fight by the whole entire fight, and not round by round,'then mei is the right winner for this fight.

When I saw it live I thought it was a 50/50 fight, but after watching again I agree with the decision.
ONE scores the whole fight but just like in PRIDE, they prioritise the near finishes and trying to finish.
I feel like Angela was really close to getting an armbar and also has Mei's back for a long time.
Mei came back strong in the last 2 rounds but wasn't close to finishing Angela. She "dropped" her twice but when I watched it back, she was really just off balance both times...she wasn't really hurt as both times the strikes were fully blocked.

I also don't understand when people say "it was close, should have at least been a split not unanimous".

The judges don't get together and discuss whether to give split or unanimous lol. an extremely close fight could easily be unanimous, even when all the judges thought it's razor close.

When I saw it live I thought it was a 50/50 fight, but after watching again I agree with the decision.
ONE scores the whole fight but just like in PRIDE, they prioritise the near finishes and trying to finish.
I feel like Angela was really close to getting an armbar and also has Mei's back for a long time.
Mei came back strong in the last 2 rounds but wasn't close to finishing Angela. She "dropped" her twice but when I watched it back, she was really just off balance both times...she wasn't really hurt as both times the strikes were fully blocked.

I also don't understand when people say "it was close, should have at least been a split not unanimous".

The judges don't get together and discuss whether to give split or unanimous lol. an extremely close fight could easily be unanimous, even when all the judges thought it's razor close.
Close fight regardless. At the end of the day, mei had to finish her or dominate lee to get the win. They can fight 20 more times and if it's a close fight, lee will always get the w. She's the one fc girl.

I already knew that if it was a close fight, there was no way mei was going to take the w. I kinda understand y Angela lee won but a fuckin unanimous? Should've atleast be a split. Btw, since one fc scores the fight by the whole entire fight, and not round by round,'then mei is the right winner for this fight.

Seems like mei always lose by decisions that r close as fcuk.

A close UD is the same as a close SD just that all 3 judges nodded the same way to disagree 1 should have gone the way is silly.
<LikeReally5>

really impress with Angela clinch work.

I kinda understand y Angela lee won but a fuckin unanimous? .
Huh? The fact that a decision was unanimous doesn't mean it wasn't extremely close. It just means all 3 judges saw it the same way.

Close fight regardless. At the end of the day, mei had to finish her or dominate lee to get the win. They can fight 20 more times and if it's a close fight, lee will always get the w. She's the one fc girl.

Is there a precedent for this? Not saying it's wrong, I just can't think of any screwy judges decisions in One where they blatantly favoured one fighter over another. Do you have examples?

Is there a precedent for this? Not saying it's wrong, I just can't think of any screwy judges decisions in One where they blatantly favoured one fighter over another. Do you have examples?
Let's be honest, Angela lee is the one fc of Conor mcgregor in the ufc. Not only that, she trains in evolve where chatri owns the gym! Every close fight Angela lee has, she'll always get the nod. Nothing against lee, she's cute and is a good fighter, she can beat some fighters in the UFC.

The entire womens atomweight division is about as deep as a puddle with Mei being the deepest part. Regardless of who won, Angela is can crusher tier.

Stop making sense, jerk.

Lee definitely won. Close fight, but Lee got the closest to a finish and was ahead until gassing R4~

A close UD is the same as a close SD just that all 3 judges nodded the same way to disagree 1 should have gone the way is silly.
<LikeReally5>
That is one of the most stupid things that people say a lot in the MMA world..

Every close fight Angela lee has, she'll always get the nod.

This is pretty much as close as you came to answering the question - so you're basing it on both Yamaguchi fights? I think the majority of people agree that they were close and Lee deserved the nod....so while I get what you're saying, your argument is baseless. Again, I'm not saying it won't happen but we can't just assume that One is going to be greasing palms to ensure that 'their' fighter wins, which I think is a fairly serious allegation to make with nothing to back it up.

Now, to the second point allidoiswin made - that one's clear. It's easy to say Lee has beaten all the top contenders when your division is like 4 fighters deep. That's how they set their fighters up to win but , at least at this point, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they're getting a fair shake in the fight itself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back