Angela Lee vs Rena Kubota

Luffy

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Angela Lee, the gifted fighter possessing the belt for the ONE FC organization vs Rena Kubota, another pretty good Asian fighter possessor of the atomweight belt of the RIZIN organization.

So, who wins?

Also, do you think it's possible both fighters will have a fight in the future? Maybe even in a near future?

Angela Lee will never fight anywhere outside the safe confines of ONE, and RENA will never fight mma outside of Rizin. Pointless debate.

Lee via being actual mma fighter.
but i don't see them fighting in future - Angela looks like UFC material and should be there soon and Rena belongs to Rizin.

Angela is also huge size wise in a full weight class above RENA. Also RENA doesn't have a RIZIN belt, she's a current Shoot Boxing champion with many S-Cup titles and is currently in the RIZIN Super Atomweight Grand Prix

but i don't see them fighting in future - Angela looks like UFC material and should be there soon and Rena belongs to Rizin.
Are you serious? You don't think Rena is a legit MMA fighter? She won her MMA debut with a legit flying armbar.

Rena would destroy Lee at this point.

The fuck? Rena's finished all of her MMA fights so far. Angela looked mediocre against Yamaguchi.

Comments like "they will never get to fight" does annoy me. There's no way you can know, and they might very well be fighting outside of One or Rizin in the future, like going to UFC or so. There's no way you can know, and it may be very well possible.

Angela has a good chin and good cardio and has a very wild style with some killer instinct.

Rena has all that + experience + ability to hit 20 hit combos with ease

Angela is younger and has experience living in America

Rena has a crappy walkout song that I hate

Rena has a wand

I wonder which one is making more money right now ? Both are the main attractions of their respective promotions

Angela Lee will never fight anywhere outside the safe confines of ONE, and RENA will never fight mma outside of Rizin. Pointless debate.
I don't know; One brought Mei over from Deep Jewels and Gina Iniong over from Pacific Xtreme Combat. Hopefully they'll eventually bring over Rena over from Rizin, Seo Hee Ham from Road, Ayaka Hamasaki from Invicta and Weili Zhang from Kunlun. They seem to have the deep pockets.

Angela Lee, the gifted fighter possessing the belt for the ONE FC organization vs Rena Kubota, another pretty good Asian fighter possessor of the atomweight belt of the RIZIN organization.

So, who wins?

Also, do you think it's possible both fighters will have a fight in the future? Maybe even in a near future?

So, who wins?

I'd love to see this fight and sure hope they can make it happen, but I doubt if it'll be soon. Rena's the superior striker and Angela has the better ground game. I'd give the edge to Angela, only because I'm more familiar with her fights and her competition.

I doubt if Angela will be moving to the UFC soon, as I doubt they will pay her anything close to what One is and she nearly walks on water in her newly acquired home town of Singapore. She'd be just another fish in the sea in the UFC despite her and One's purported desire to take on the champion.

The fuck? Rena's finished all of her MMA fights so far. Angela looked mediocre against Yamaguchi.

Yamaguchi is the only fighter Angela hasn't finished and is probably a higher caliber fighter than any that Rena has faced to date. While I'd give the edge to Angela, I think it'd be a highly entertaining fight.

Angela has a good chin and good cardio and has a very wild style with some killer instinct.

Rena has all that + experience + ability to hit 20 hit combos with ease

Angela is younger and has experience living in America

Rena has a crappy walkout song that I hate

Rena has a wand

I wonder which one is making more money right now ? Both are the main attractions of their respective promotions

I would imagine Angela makes more per fight but Rena has the opportunity to make more in a tournament.

Are you serious? You don't think Rena is a legit MMA fighter? She won her MMA debut with a legit flying armbar.

Rena would destroy Lee at this point.
yeah she armbared legit noone with no pro or amateur mma activity before or after her. big achievement, i see why you impressed.

and you expect her at just 19 y.o. to run through that woman with ton of experience and destroy her in 1 round, right? if Rena ever stops fighting carefully handpicked opponents and faces somebody even close to Mei Yamaguchi's level i will be shocked.

I doubt if Angela will be moving to the UFC soon, as I doubt they will pay her anything close to what One is and she nearly walks on water in her newly acquired home town of Singapore. She'd be just another fish in the sea in the UFC despite her and One's purported desire to take on the champion.
i'm not sure about that. with UFC coming to China and already being in Singapore they could use someone as popular as Lee in that region. and Angela herself were saying in interview that she is considering moving to UFC in a future.

and you expect her at just 19 y.o. to run through that woman with ton of experience and destroy her in 1 round, right? if Rena ever stops fighting carefully handpicked opponents and faces somebody even close to Mei Yamaguchi's level i will be shocked.
As if One hasn't been carefully grooming Angela Lee with handpicked opponents themselves. Take Yamaguchi out of the equation and their level of competition is comparable.

As if One hasn't been carefully grooming Angela Lee with handpicked opponents themselves. Take Yamaguchi out of the equation and their level of competition is comparable.
her opponents after getting the title were both undefeated 5-0's. as good as female opposition in One could possibly be.

Is Angela lee even a true 105er? Remember, atomweight in one fc is 115.

her opponents after getting the title were both undefeated 5-0's. as good as female opposition in One could possibly be.
I don't see how the same thing can't be said about female opposition in Rizin.

Back