Anime and Manga v39

@Gregolian

My Guilty Pleasure is G Gundam

Also obviously from my Avatar I love Gundam Wing.
Agreed on G Gundam.

And I GET that Bebop, Champloo, and Outlaw Star can have their goofy moments but Trigun literally goes from "hero is a uselss dumbshit" to "he and the preacher are gods" in the span of 5 minutes.

Agreed on G Gundam.

And I GET that Bebop, Champloo, and Outlaw Star can have their goofy moments but Trigun literally goes from "hero is a uselss dumbshit" to "he and the preacher are gods" in the span of 5 minutes.

Trigun is still enjoyable but the tone shifts could have been smoother.

Trigun is still enjoyable but the tone shifts could have been smoother.
They're jarring as hell. At least with Bebop and Champloo you can tell in 2 seconds if it's going to be a goofy episode and it keeps it that way.

ESPECIALLY with Champloo. Bebop the tone depends on who the "main" character of the episode is.

I've watched the whole thing start to finish about 3 times. First time I was intrigued going in and annoyed when it was done I wasted my time.

Each subsequent time I've tried to watch it to understand why so many people love it I end hating it more than when I started.

Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, and Outlaw Star are the pinnacle of Anime for me.

Wow outlaw star been so long since I've watched that one. Tried to rewatch it but the animation just looks way to shitty to me but me and my cousin loved that show when we were kids. Cowboy Bepop has never been something I can get into. Samurai Champloo I loved.

My favorite anime are Code Geass and From the New world. Have no idea what it is about From the New World but I love it more and more each time I watch it.

Wow outlaw star been so long since I've watched that one. Tried to rewatch it but the animation just looks way to shitty to me but me and my cousin loved that show when we were kids. Cowboy Bepop has never been something I can get into. Samurai Champloo I loved.

My favorite anime are Code Geass and From the New world. Have no idea what it is about From the New World but I love it more and more each time I watch it.
I grew up watching the Clint Eastwood westerns so I think that's why I love Bebop so much.

@Gregolian

My Guilty Pleasure is G Gundam

Also obviously from my Avatar I love Gundam Wing.

I've actually started going through the Gundam series now. Hulu has a bunch so I started watching them while I feed my son and I have nothing else to watch really. Just finished up Gundam 00 which I really liked. I watched Iron Blooded Orphans before that and it's easily my favorite even though I fucking hate the way it ends. Gundam Wing I think was the first one I ever saw which was good also.

You know what holds up extremely well. Akira . Story is all over the place but goddamn it's gorgeous .
I still watch it on a monthly basis. To think they did all that by hand. Absolutely gorgeous. The world doesn't deserve the talents involved in the production.

Is Gunam 00 that goofy one where they all are powered by like Nukes and borders on like, softcore pron with that one chick sleeping with all the pilots or is that a different one?

I grew up watching the Clint Eastwood westerns so I think that's why I love Bebop so much.
Love the last text of the series

" You're gonna carry that weight "

Also I prefer the Dub to the sub, the voices of Steve Blum and Beau Billingslea set a great tone and match Spike and Jet so well.

Nope, wait... that was Gundam Seed (the chick sleeping around with the pilots). 00 is the one where the "Face" on the Gundams all are really angular and angry looking.

Love the last text of the series

" You're gonna carry that weight "

Also I prefer the Dub to the sub, the voices of Steve Blum and Beau Billingslea set a great tone and match Spike and Jet so well.
Agreed. Champloo falls into that same category too where the Dub feels better than the sub version. Part of the issue with the sub version is they actually have Mugen speaking that dialect used on Okinawa at the time which is really rigid and off sounding.

We're almost 400 chapters into Tower of God and today we just got our first look at the actual Jahad. That's impressive, to be able to have this guy exist as an interesting piece of background for so long and then when you finally show him it doesn't disappoint. And he's not even showing off any real powers, he just sort of...showed up.

I'm going to go there...

Death Note fucking sucks and is trash and only emo grifter edge lords are into it.
Its hilarious that you say this with a Punisher AV....{<jordan}

I love Akira and Cowboy Bebop, but I will say outside of the soundtrack, Samurai Champloo is hot garbage.

Its hilarious that you say this with a Punisher AV....{<jordan}
If you think the Punisher is a character for emo grifter edge lords then you don't get the character one bit.

If you have the time

Saw Wicked City during his intro/ramblings. I never thought that adult oriented animes even existed. The brain of 14 yr old me was blown away.The vagina detanta scene was a bit too much though.

If you think the Punisher is a character for emo grifter edge lords then you don't get the character one bit.
Something emo grifter edge lords would say....

Doesn't change the fact that Death Note gets talked up like it's some masterpiece of Anime when it isn't even fit to tie the shoelaces on Spike Spiegel's shoes.

For how smart they try to portray that main character he's a colossal dumbshit.

You mad?

Back