Anime and Manga v39

Im looking for a new intellectual anime on par with steins gate and death note. Any suggestions?
Bleach-Simply brilliant

098.jpg

Or Hunter x Hunter: Picking breakfast has never been harder.

gqcnqjr8xtx11.jpg

But seriously...Hunter x Hunter is really good and:

Death Parade
Ergo Proxy
Psycho-Pass
Code Geass
Detective Conan

Might catch your interest.

Decided to check out “That time I got reincarnated as a Slime” and honestly....it’s pretty good. Something just really hilarious about a tiny blue slime being so OP.

Bleach-Simply brilliant

098.jpg

Or Hunter x Hunter: Picking breakfast has never been harder.

gqcnqjr8xtx11.jpg

But seriously...Hunter x Hunter is really good and:

Death Parade
Ergo Proxy
Psycho-Pass
Code Geass
Detective Conan

Might catch your interest.

Really enjoyed Hunter X Hunter except for that insect battle saga. Horrible horrible saga. The way they were breaking down the fights piece by piece was torture. I've seen the rest except for Death Parade and Detective Conan I'll have to check them out.

Decided to check out “That time I got reincarnated as a Slime” and honestly....it’s pretty good. Something just really hilarious about a tiny blue slime being so OP.

Dunno if you have Crunchyroll or where you are in the anime, but things have started to pick a LOT in this latest episode.

Just cross-posting this here. Also, in case anybody is interested Kodansha has finished releasing the english hardcover editions of the original series and they are excellent (the final volume also includes the motorball side-story Ashen Victor).

Dunno if you have Crunchyroll or where you are in the anime, but things have started to pick a LOT in this latest episode.
A know a site that usually has the newest episode, that last episode was damn good. The end made me laugh pretty hard considering how strong ifrit was, looking forward to episode 8 when he brushes over how easy that was. Goblin Slayer is actually making me laugh pretty loud. “Does it involve goblins?” No ...immediately starts walking away lol

Tuned out of OP early in Dressrosa. How have the last. . 100+ or whatever eps been? Quality?

Tuned out of OP early in Dressrosa. How have the last. . 100+ or whatever eps been? Quality?
Majority of the Dressrosa arc was decent. Whole Cake Island didn't do much for me, but it wasn't terrible, and so far Wano has been pretty much cranked to 11 right off the bat. I only read the manga though, they drag the anime out too much for me so I don't know how that has been.

Last edited:
Saw Konosuba because someone here mentioned it. Really liking it. Trying to get in to some others if anyone has other recommendations. Thanks in advance.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime is another one of those Isekai/"different world" series you might like.

I watched the first episode, and then got in to Konosuba. Gonna go back to watch the rest. I’ve watched a few previously like AoT/MyHero/KillLaKill/Beserk/7deadlySins mostly mainstream ones to be honest, and barely started to get in to what is out there. I dig the whole idea of the main character getting a group together and defeating a big bad. Think it’s the RPG fan in me.

Ippo finally snapped! What did the five fingers say to the face? Slap!

s26cc4pkk5y11.jpg

Ippo finally snapped! What did the five fingers say to the face? Slap!

s26cc4pkk5y11.jpg
Damn CTE is hitting Ippo hard. I haven't been following it lately so I have no idea what's actually happening.

Damn CTE is hitting Ippo hard. I haven't been following it lately so I have no idea what's actually happening.
A lot has happened. But Ippo should be coming back to the ring soon. Hopefully.

A know a site that usually has the newest episode, that last episode was damn good. The end made me laugh pretty hard considering how strong ifrit was, looking forward to episode 8 when he brushes over how easy that was. Goblin Slayer is actually making me laugh pretty loud. “Does it involve goblins?” No ...immediately starts walking away lol

For as powerful as he was, Ifrit is just a really powerful Boss Mook compared to the REAL big players of this world. If you(or anyone else for that matter) have any questions about the series, feel free to ask.

I can't even BEGIN to go into how much I fucking hate goblin slayer. It's just fucking ugly and vulgar on top of being so pandery yet it gets a free pass on that. I had actually typed out a long ass post about my issues with it along with links to other reviewers who detailed the issues better than I ever could including one long time MAL reviewer who is waiting for it to end before he unloads on it. My post is in the spoiler.

Not gonna mince words here. It's repugnant, juvenile, fetishistic crap. You like it? Fine whatever, you do you. But don't try to parlay some philosophic crap to try and play up a show that's essentially a juvenile edgelord power fantasy as something other than that. The series has no issue fetishizing it's most horrific moments of rape with how it frames them on top of them being there essentially for shock value(The Thermian Arguement - https://mxplx.com/meme/4363/)*, it suffers from HUGE tonal dissonance in that it can't seem to decide if it's a shonen SoL type series at times with gags and humor or a brutal misanthropic horror-fest, it's MASSIVELY blatant in it's power fantasy pandering*(Last three paragraphs - https://www.animenewsnetwor..., and it really isn't hard dark fantasy. Berserk is hard dark fantasy. This is just juvenile dark fantasy. The kind of stuff a moody angsty teenager going through, "The Phase" would think is "adult" and "mature" no different than every pretender back in the late 80's and 90's thought when they tried to follow in Watchmen's foot steps.

I'll just leave some choice links on some reviews and posts.

https://www.animenewsnetwor...

https://www.animenewsnetwor...

https://myanimelist.net/for... - Users ShadowMonkey, KasutoSaki, and papsoshea pretty much express my thoughts better than I could ever write them out and that goes for the series as a whole not.

* Please don't even use the Sword Priest lady as an argument of it addressing rape victims coping given that her most defining feature is how busty she is with pretty much every thread about the recent episode pointing out her boobs every other post.

*To add to this point, apparently there are official pinups of the female characters? Part of me wants to confirm instead of just basing, but if true it's just so fucking tasteless given how often violent rape is used as gimmick.

Saw Konosuba because someone here mentioned it. Really liking it. Trying to get in to some others if anyone has other recommendations. Thanks in advance.

Yeah that mention was probably me. Check out Grand Blue, Chio's School Road, and Nichijou if you're looking for a fix on funny SoL stuff.

I watched the first episode, and then got in to Konosuba. Gonna go back to watch the rest. I’ve watched a few previously like AoT/MyHero/KillLaKill/Beserk/7deadlySins mostly mainstream ones to be honest, and barely started to get in to what is out there. I dig the whole idea of the main character getting a group together and defeating a big bad. Think it’s the RPG fan in me.

The Record of Lodoss War and Slayers. Both are older 90's anime, but are amongst the best and most iconic for that sort of stuff. Grancrest is a sequel to Lodoss War. And yeah you're gonna love Slime then since it wears it's love for 90's JRPG's and Anime proudly on it's sleeve.

Fun Fact: The creators of Lodoss War actually helped in episode 4 of the series, so those imagine spots resembling Deedlit and Pirotess WERE in fact intentional.

Edit: Forgot to add stuff like Rage of Bahamut and Heroic Legend of Arslan to that list along with Log Horizon.

Last edited:
The Record of Lodoss War and Slayers. Both are older 90's anime, but are amongst the best and most iconic for that sort of stuff. Grancrest is a sequel to Lodoss War. And yeah you're gonna love Slime then since it wears it's love for 90's JRPG's and Anime proudly on it's sleeve.

Fun Fact: The creators of Lodoss War actually helped in episode 4 of the series, so those imagine spots resembling Deedlit and Pirotess WERE in fact intentional.

Edit: Forgot to add stuff like Rage of Bahamut and Heroic Legend of Arslan to that list along with Log Horizon.

Awesome thank you

Back