Anime and Manga v39

Anything I should be looking for in the Winter 2018 lineup?

Some ones that I have written down to check out are

Darling in the Frankxx
Beatless
Kokkoku

I'll come back and post my thoughts on the ones listed above after a few episodes have aired.
Overlord 2.

Not sure if you have seen the first season yet.

Guys any recommendations on anime from 2015, 16 and 17.
I have been watching op, hero academia, berserk,ajin, AOT,konosuba(all time great comedy imo) and few others.
I like action, comedy and sci fi. I have been following most of the good ones but want to make sure no gems got by me.

Please give me YOUR personal recommendations.

I have been watching op, hero academia, berserk,ajin, AOT,konosuba(all time great comedy imo) and few others.
I like action, comedy and sci fi. I have been following most of the good ones but want to make sure no gems got by me.

Rage of Bahamut is solid as fuck so far. Will post more as they come back to mind.

Also,

Batoto will be closing permanently

https://bato.to/forums/topic/28840-batoto-will-be-closing-permanently/page-1

Living on this Earth just got a little bit harder and less worthwhile. :(

Anything I should be looking for in the Winter 2018 lineup?

Some ones that I have written down to check out are

Darling in the Frankxx
Beatless
Kokkoku

I'll come back and post my thoughts on the ones listed above after a few episodes have aired.
Based on the manga I have read, you might want to look at Basilisk. The Basilisk manga is basically Romeo and Juliet meets Ninja Scroll.

Do not even bother with Killing Bites, the manga is edgy teenage garbage. Just terrible.
Rage of Bahamut is solid as fuck so far. Will post more as they come back to mind.

Also,

Batoto will be closing permanently

https://bato.to/forums/topic/28840-batoto-will-be-closing-permanently/page-1

Living on this Earth just got a little bit harder and less worthwhile. :(
That's unfortunate, sounds like it just became a major headache to admin. Can't say I blame the guy.

More and more I watch gits, I had no idea what I was watching as a teen.

Literally finished A Silent Voice, he been awhile since I stopped reading the manga. I lived the animation

With Batoto closing, life just feels a little less worth living. Like fuck it all. :(

I can only hope stuff gets backed up and migrated.

Kuromukuro, Knights of Sidonia.

Sidonia will have a third season in 2018.

These Ippo spoilers.

22fy3z.jpg

Basically Kumi is sad to see Ippo hurt. They have a funny moment and probably the closest romantic moment they have ever had. Holding hands (lol). Ippo's mom says he's on an adventure and when he finds a reason he'll clench his fist again and continue his journey.

So maybe no slice of life manga after all. But seeing Ippo make a comeback doesn't feel believable. Oh well...I just want a positive ending.

Still a lot of open plotlines out there.

-Sendo title chase
-Aoki revenge against Iga
-Kimura's remaining career or closure
-Mashiba climbing ranks
-Takamura title bouts/going up
-Itagaki I guess
-And other smaller plots

5a54d906e45c9.jpg

5a54d91825a88.jpg

Are you watching Genesis or Virgin Soul? I loved Genesis and have yet to check out Virgin Soul. I've heard conflicting opinions about it.

Are you watching Genesis or Virgin Soul? I loved Genesis and have yet to check out Virgin Soul. I've heard conflicting opinions about it.

Genesis which is awesome. Not yet started on Virgin Soul. It's by MAPPA so no matter what at least the visuals will look fucking badass.

These Ippo spoilers.

22fy3z.jpg

Basically Kumi is sad to see Ippo hurt. They have a funny moment and probably the closest romantic moment they have ever had. Holding hands (lol). Ippo's mom says he's on an adventure and when he finds a reason he'll clench his fist again and continue his journey.

So maybe no slice of life manga after all. But seeing Ippo make a comeback doesn't feel believable. Oh well...I just want a positive ending.

Still a lot of open plotlines out there.

-Sendo title chase
-Aoki revenge against Iga
-Kimura's remaining career or closure
-Mashiba climbing ranks
-Takamura title bouts/going up
-Itagaki I guess
-And other smaller plots

5a54d906e45c9.jpg

5a54d91825a88.jpg

Fuck the Supporting Cast

Hmmm...All of them?

I enjoy Sendo, Kimura, and Volg.

Takamura is ok and everyone else is meh.

No way you hate all of them.

I like Sendo, Takamura and really like Volg but it's sucks to see Ippo go through what he is going through. You invest a lot of time and I root for the character. In that sense Morika has made me care. It's not like I will stop reading it.

A Basilisk sequel...just saw the thumbnail but didn't clicked. New season of Yowamushi pedal, artwork was kinda different so I assume they change studios and the va for the mc was also different. Final arc for Gintama just started. And I thought this season was kinda bland.

Genesis which is awesome. Not yet started on Virgin Soul. It's by MAPPA so no matter what at least the visuals will look fucking badass.

Nice, it was my favorite series the year it came out. Gonna start Virgin Soul soon.

Yeah went ahead and spoiled Virgin Soul by reading the tropes page for it and I already don't like it which REALLY fucking sucks since Genesis was fucking AMAZING.

Edit: My initial point about the visuals still technically stand, but this puts a damper on things as it seems to suffer from a similar issue as Slayers Try in that it has time devoted to rather controversial characters along with Wastes of Good Characters and Plots along with use of Unintentionally Unsympathetic Trope being at play.

Last edited:
Yeah went ahead and spoiled Virgin Soul by reading the tropes page for it and I already don't like it which REALLY fucking sucks since Genesis was fucking AMAZING.

Edit: My initial point about the visuals still technically stand, but this puts a damper on things as it seems to suffer from a similar issue as Slayers Try in that it has time devoted to rather controversial characters along with Wastes of Good Characters and Plots along with use of Unintentionally Unsympathetic Trope being at play.

Yeah that's basically what I've read about Virgin Soul along with the fact that it's a time skip and there's some 2 part anime not in English that explains what happens in between season 1 and 2.

Yeah that's basically what I've read about Virgin Soul along with the fact that it's a time skip and there's some 2 part anime not in English that explains what happens in between season 1 and 2.

I did not know about that one. I mean I can spoil if you like, but not if you intend to watch it fresh.

All in all, it left a bad taste in peoples mouths who liked Season 1 and its cast do to them getting dragged.

Back