ANNIHILATION from Ex Machina Writer/Director (87% Rotten Tomatoes Score)

If you have seen ANNIHILATION, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
If you really knew how the site worked and how to read it, you'd know the only comparable metrics are the actual ratings.

Ah yes, that rating that is derived from a pool of reviews in which many of them have no actual score attached. And many more have scores that use an A-F scale rather than any kind of numbered rating.

Ah yes, that rating that is derived from a pool of reviews in which many of them have no actual score attached. And many more have scores that use an A-F scale rather than any kind of numbered rating.

Which reviews of this movie? I'm sure you can just point them out.

I'll sum it up not to be too much of a dick...

Movies that aren't rated numerically only count towards the fresh/unfresh rating, they're also the minority. Meaning overall, movies rated 6/10 are given the same weight as movies rated 10/10 in the freshometer. "Liked it" from an audience is a measurement that'll be defined differently by the individual being asked, their rating between 1-10 won't be.

So if you want an actual, measurable idea of how two groups of people felt about a movie, specifically to compare them.... why would you go with the one you've chosen over the one that actually offers a point of comparison?

6.5 needed a bit more something. Need to watch it again but lots of questions and not a lot of answers, it's slow. Takes odd steps to get to the end. It's a step above average imo.

Suck it to all the nerdy cinema snobs! This movie was fun, cool premise, good action when it happened and visually nice to watch! There are way too many wanna be critics and film snobs nowadays that think they’re all roger ebert or some shit. It was a cool movie, so was ex Machina, fuck the haters

Suck it to all the nerdy cinema snobs! This movie was fun, cool premise, good action when it happened and visually nice to watch! There are way too many wanna be critics and film snobs nowadays that think they’re all roger ebert or some shit. It was a cool movie, so was ex Machina, fuck the haters

I'm pretty sure this is going to end up being one of those movies where if you DID like it then you get accused of being a nerdy cinema snob. Not the other way around.

Hmm you guys who’ve seen it aren’t instilling a lot of confidence in my liking this. still while I temporarily have the MoviePass I might as well check it out.

Hmm you guys who’ve seen it aren’t instilling a lot of confidence in my liking this. still while I temporarily have the MoviePass I might as well check it out.

MP is the shit. Go see it.

Great acting overall. It's always a treat to see Natalie Portman play the lead. Cool visiuals at the climax. Reminded me of the Tool band video of Schism. Gave it a 7. Came up short to being as great as last years Arrival.

Interstellar was sci-fi and everything in it was approached with careful logic. There's nothing logical about sending a team of females when your first option failed lol

You're confusing sci fi with fantasy

Bro youre confusing yourself. Let it go you look dumb asf

Annihilation is a brilliant film. The pacing is on the slow side but its more of a mind trip than a action film. Its not action at all. Its a scifi film set here on earth.

The Mind fuck of this movie put me in awe for a simple fact that with all the rehashes and blind popcorn films we finally have a thought provoking scifi film. It was wonderful. The score was a very nice compliment to the mind fuckery. An acoustic sound set in an environment that reminded me alot of "The last of us"

The film was not hard to understand but i knew there would be a lot of retards after saying that they couldnt understand it. The movie explains everything for you on a silver platter, you just have to pay attention.

I gave it a 9/10 Thought it was amazing and will rewatch it again in a few days.Makes me want to go out and get the book.

Anyone read the book? how does it compare?

Go see it. Its original and like nothing youve seen. at least it has that going for it

also side note. I dont see a thread for Game Night but that movie was pretty fucking funny

You mean the ghostbusters remake right? What are you 10 fucking years old that you dont know that there is a difference between GB2 and the remake. Go away!

I mean Annihilation is a remake of the remake. In other words remake of Ghostbusters (2016) featuring all female cast

Back